PDA

View Full Version : Reviving a "dead" berry... and getting it unlocked?

Serkle K
02-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Hello everyone...

I have a co-worker, whose girlfriend had the unfortunate accident of getting her T-Mo curve wet with an energy drink a few months back... they thought they knew what they were doing, and tried to soak it in alcohol, but never took it apart, so the casing was slightly damaged... according to him, after it "dried for a few days" they tried to power it up, and it only got a white screen...

So does this mean it's completely dead?? Is it possibly to salvage this berry??

It's a Curve 8320... It's not all too important to fix, but it would be a great back up if I could get it done, you know :idea: ... It's also a T-Mo branded phone, so I know I would have to try to get it unlocked for my AT&T SIM card...

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

david9962000
02-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Send it to HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com)

dc/dc
02-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Did they give it mouth-to-mouth?

Serkle K
02-07-2009, 10:31 AM
I was/am hoping to give this a shot myself first, if at all possible, but if all else fails, I am keeping Horizon in mind as an option, should I really feel like I need a backup... oh, the thought of being w/o my Bold...

Serkle K
02-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Did they give it mouth-to-mouth?

I think they gave it too much alcohol, and thought it had a hang over... I told them coffee would only make it worse... As we all know, only time is a sure cure for too much alcohol!

tsac
02-07-2009, 11:39 AM
The Alcohol was interesting ! do they work in a bar? Was the battery out ? If a BB gets wet and the battery is pulled fast, they usually can be saved by drying. Soaking it in any liquid is a bad idea. The LCD is shot as well as other components.

Serkle K
02-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Ok, so it looks like I will not be able to do this myself... I was able to take the phone apart over the weekend, to have a better look at things on the inside. As well as borrow my girlfriends battery for a few minutes to have a better look at what the device is doing... Once the battery was in, the red lite came on, and then the screen lit up... it wasn't a white screen, just white lite coming from the screen... I think the only way I can describe this best is... think back to the Nokia green and grey scale mono-chrome phones... but with out the mono-chrome... just lit up green (but actually white in my case)... the inards of the device seemed over all ok. there was a few spots of signs of corrosion. But not anything covering or on any contact points...

So, is it a lost cause? Is this something worth putting the cash into (about $150.00+ USD)? I guess that is more of a personal judgement call.. Is this even a condition that Horizon could bring this back from?