PDA

View Full Version : 8900 serious camera bug

Laetitya
02-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Hello,
I have an 8900 T-mobile branded and although I have done the latest software update, the camera is still not working. Every time I press the camera button, it will go to camera mode, but the display is dark and I have to pull out the battery to get the phone to work again. This is a serious nuisance. Has anyone had this problem? Have you been able to fix it?
Unfortunately, this is a German phone and I am in Switzerland, I therefore cannot return it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

rifleman
02-07-2009, 11:22 AM
The 8900 has actual moving parts in it for the zoom. What OS is in the device?

Laetitya
02-07-2009, 11:24 AM
The 8900 has actual moving parts in it for the zoom. What OS is in the device?

The OS is 4.6.1.133 Thanks

rifleman
02-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Hmmm. I had that OS for a week now and I have not seen this issue. Is the OS the Official release and NOT the Beta?

lovescakemix
02-07-2009, 12:19 PM
whether he got it when it was "beta" or official. there is no change in the OS. they are the same thing. that wont be the problem

rifleman
02-07-2009, 12:21 PM
whether he got it when it was "beta" or official. there is no change in the OS. they are the same thing. that wont be the problem

I disagree, I had the Beta and I had TERRIBLE battery life and less memory. So, how could there be no change when these issues have been resolved with the official release?

HaTaX
02-07-2009, 12:37 PM
If you do a file compare between the two versions, they will have the same contents. All the betas up to this point have been this way, pretty much if the REL # matches they're the same.

Perhaps you had a rogue application that was doing alot of communicating that wasn't reloaded when you put the official .133 on it?

Does the camera work if you hold the right convience button lightly? That puts it into focus mode and it may just be really unfocused so you see a blurry dark image. What are your default camera settings?

02-08-2009, 04:44 AM
anybody knows when 8900 will be coming to australia?

Laetitya
02-09-2009, 06:24 AM
If you do a file compare between the two versions, they will have the same contents. All the betas up to this point have been this way, pretty much if the REL # matches they're the same.

Perhaps you had a rogue application that was doing alot of communicating that wasn't reloaded when you put the official .133 on it?

Does the camera work if you hold the right convience button lightly? That puts it into focus mode and it may just be really unfocused so you see a blurry dark image. What are your default camera settings?

Hello,

No, even pressing the right conveninece key lightly has the same effect. If it was only unforcused, it would not cause the phone to crash, which is what happens every time.
I updated the software to the official .133 and now the phone is always crashing and when I get new messages, it shows them on the home screen but they dont even appear in my messages. I have had to go back to my Bold as the 8900 is just too unstable to use for the moment.

Laetitya
03-03-2009, 04:44 AM
So I am still having problems with the camera....it crashes and I end up having to pull the battery out each time. Is the newest firmware still the one ending in 1.133? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

rifleman
03-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Did you try the new OS? The latest is .168 on the top of the 8900 section.

Laetitya
03-03-2009, 07:52 AM
will try that out...thanks!

Laetitya
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Just an update: I did the software update and the camera still doesnt work...Any more ideas?

joedali
03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Call t-mobile and get a replacement. CrackMem wipe the device before sending it in.

Laetitya
03-03-2009, 11:34 AM
That is another problem: I purchased it from someone who bought it in Germany, and I live in Switzerland, so that is unfortunately not possible :-(

Laetitya
03-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I tried just opening the phone a bit to clean the camera...what happens now is that when I press the camera button, the screen will work for less than a second and then it will go black again...

joedali
03-03-2009, 12:28 PM
In America we refer to your situation as, "being screwed over."

azee1v1
03-24-2009, 12:59 PM
I have the same problem. It went away for a while but came back. I noticed that If I try to use the camera when its really dark in the room, this will happen. The first time this error came up for me was when I was using the Qik.com app and it was giving an error. To get it to work. What I did was... I pulled out the battery, restarted the phone. Go to media/videos and play any video. The next time I open the camera it works again. The problem is I don't know when this problem will come up again. I also noticed that its a bad idea to try to turn the camera on if the phone battery is low. It kind of sucks because this kind of bug prevents you from using the camera altogether.