PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Service in Taiwan on a USA Phone & Service - Can't get it to work!

wuchowsa
02-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi Folks!
Was wondering if you can help me out with this issue. I have the new blackberry bold with international service (both blackberry and phone) on ATT. Since I have arrived in Taipei, Taiwan all Blackberry features that relate to Blackberry service was shut off. This includes most importantly email, camera, games, messanager, etc. Its currently picking up Taiwan Mobile service. According to their website they have Blackberry service for 2 years now. I am not really sure what to do. Can anyone help?

George 8-)

John Clark
02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
It all depends on the roaming agreements that ATT has with the carriers there. I'm not sure why your camera and games wouldn't work, unless they require a data connection. Camera shouldn't require a data connection unless you're trying to send pictures.

wuchowsa
02-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Thank you for your response. The moment that I arrived and turned on the Blackberry in Taiwan the features in the main menu were reduced. In "Show All" I only have contacts, calander, medianet, navigator, media (which actually could lead to another question - after insert the media card in - it shows scanning - it can go on scanning for days with no result), browser, cv, mall, music, yellowpages, appliacations, set-up, games, downloads, settings, manage connections, lock, quesions and power off.

wuchowsa
02-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Ok... here is something interesting...

It seems that the "camera" feature was removed from the main menu screen which is where it was in the US. You can still access it by clicking on media, pictures and then clicking on the top camera button. Also, in regards to the email... I just would found a way to compose the email... in applications there is a "compose" button. Sent out a test email to myself and it worked. Now, I just need to get it to receive. This is just really strange.

wuchowsa
02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Does anyone else have any replies to help with this? It would be greatly appricated.