PDA

View Full Version : BES Provisioning

lemew
02-08-2009, 02:33 AM
I have BIS plan but under provisioning it has BESPRV-NA. Is this correct? Also, when trying to log in to adjust bb.net email settings from website it shows that I am registered but says info is not correct when trying to log in. I know it's something simple but what am I doing wrong?

SteveO86
02-08-2009, 09:40 AM
As far as BES provisioning the best to find out it to go into

Options ->Advanced Options -> Service Books, see if you have an try called Provisioning[PROVISIONING] and Provisioning[OTASL]... Service books are the only that decide if your BB can be activated on a BES..

Does it let you login to the BIS site? What exactly is the web site telling you?

ALSO just FYI - I see you are on VZW as well, I am are VZW to I only have the BIS plan as well however from time to time I see the option for Enterprise Activation come and go on my BB, along with the Service Books. So if you are planning activate this on a BES just get the BES plan to make life easier.

lemew
02-19-2009, 02:52 AM
:? Did a *228 update and now im provisioned as a cdma modem. :sad: Everything works so what's up with that? Guess it's supposed to be that way.?

lemew
02-20-2009, 03:08 AM
As far as BES provisioning the best to find out it to go into

Options ->Advanced Options -> Service Books, see if you have an try called Provisioning[PROVISIONING] and Provisioning[OTASL]... Service books are the only that decide if your BB can be activated on a BES..

Does it let you login to the BIS site? What exactly is the web site telling you?

ALSO just FYI - I see you are on VZW as well, I am are VZW to I only have the BIS plan as well however from time to time I see the option for Enterprise Activation come and go on my BB, along with the Service Books. So if you are planning activate this on a BES just get the BES plan to make life easier.

I dont have Provisioning [OTASL] Just have Provisioning [PROVISIONING] in my Service Books. Under Provisioning [PROVISIONING] it has CDMA Modem. Is this correct?

SteveO86
02-21-2009, 11:31 AM
*228, I guess you just to re-active phone on VZW's network. If everything work's now then don't worry about it.

Are you having a problem tethering?

If so what happens/Steps have you been taking?

lemew
03-06-2009, 03:45 AM
I dont tether. Never have. This just keeps popping up on the phone. I have to go over to HRT and click on register now to get it to go back to besprv-na. I've read that this provisioning service book simply toggles enterprise activation. If so why is it registering me with enterprise and with what enterprise am I registered with? Furthermore does it really matter :?

SteveO86
03-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Lets go back, are you having trouble signing into the BIS Site?

(Almost forgot about this thread.)

lemew
03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Wirelessly posted

No. I log in from my phone only. I have not created a username from my phone to log in from the web. And don't particularly care to. Have sent service books from handset many times. It still either has phone provisioned for either cdma modem or for besna-prv. I just didn't know if having it this way was correct especially since it changes on its own so often or if I was juat in a bad service area for blackberry and would have to drive 50 miles to get provisioning as I have read some have had to do.