PDA

View Full Version : Clearing Recipient Cache? HOW? HELP

berry8130
02-08-2009, 12:45 PM
My blackberry desktop manager keeps failing so I cleared my browser cache and now it goes further along, but it fails at RECIPIENT CACHE.

How do I clear the Recipient cache? Please help :)

berry8130
02-08-2009, 12:48 PM
PS - I can backup the recipient cache when I go to advanced and do just that one item, but when doing the main backup it fails every time. Anyone know how to clear this?

monkeypaw
02-08-2009, 02:58 PM
In Advanced there's a clear button. I think highlight the database to clear and hit clear.

berry8130
02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh! you mean advanced in the Desktop Manager, not the phone. Now I get it.
So if I clear the database on the right hand side which is the device database does that mean it will delete them for good? Should I be moving it to the computer database and saving it, then moving it back onto the phone to see if that helps?

I want to make sure I'm not loosing too much by clearing these databases. Can you help explain that?

When I clear one thing, it seems to be stopping on another.

berry8130
02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Now it keeps failing on TLS Options. I tried to clear it and it still fails. Anyone know?

monkeypaw
02-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Try pulling up an old file and overwriting that specific database with an old copy.

berry8130
02-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Try pulling up an old file and overwriting that specific database with an old copy.

I don't have any old databases other than the one on the phone. I tried to download it to the local database, and then reuploading it but it keeps failing. Seems to always fail on SMS Messages and Browser Channels too, but I am able to clear those and it will go all the way to TLS Cache, but can't get past that one.