PDA

View Full Version : Carrier BIS Question

doublestack
02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I recently switched from VZW to AT&T. While on VZW, I noticed my .mac and gmail accounts pushed mail to my Storm almost immediately. However, now that I am on AT&T (Bold), my .mac mail takes almost 15 minutes.

After reading a number of posts here and elsewhere, I learned the carriers upgraded their BIS to allow for advanced IMAP push (.mac and gmail). So I guess my question is whether or not AT&T has the same BIS technology as VZW? I really want my .mac push back. Even the gmail is a lot slower with AT&T.

I am also on my company's BES.

Thanks.

Pete

p.s. I love my Bold. Sorry Storm

Berry One
02-08-2009, 05:42 PM
AT&T has the same technology as VZW. Your .mac address should be push. Your gmail should be as fast on AT&T as it was on VZW.

The only caveat is your coverage. Try changing Bold setting to 2G/EDGE as see if email delivery improves. If it does, you have rather bad 3G coverage where you use your Bold.

doublestack
02-08-2009, 08:23 PM
AT&T has the same technology as VZW. Your .mac address should be push. Your gmail should be as fast on AT&T as it was on VZW.

The only caveat is your coverage. Try changing Bold setting to 2G/EDGE as see if email delivery improves. If it does, you have rather bad 3G coverage where you use your Bold.

I'm in an Edge zone currently; but with full bars. It seems as if everything slowed down. will deleting my service books / resending have any effect? It also seems like my BES messages are also slow. I wonder if it is a system-wide issue with AT&T??