PDA

View Full Version : New 7100i and Jabra BT200

jsimon77
10-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Just got the new 7100i and it is a great unit. I have an older bluetooth earpiece and it is doing some strange things. Looking for some help. The earpiece links up with the 7100i with no issues but I'm having these problems.

If the earpiece is in the standby mode and I press it on, it causes the 7100i to re-dial the last number I have called.

If the earpiece is in standby mode and I get a phone call even if I press "talk" on the 7100i it sends the call and activates the earpiece.

I've I make a call from my 7100i and then press the earpiece to "on" it will hang up my call.

Any input on this would be a great help. I talked to Nextel and they said I should exchange the 7100i for a new unit as it could be a software issues. Since everything else on the phone works great I don't thing this is the issue.

GearHead
10-20-2005, 02:06 AM
The behavior you describe is all completely normal according to my experience with a BB 7520, and now 7100i in conjunction with a Jabra BT250, and a Motorola.

Per your examples, here are the phone rules as I understand them:

When your earpiece is linked to the phone, and the phone is out of the holser, if you press the earpiece button, it will redial your last call. If it's not linked up to the phone yet, and you press it, it will pair to the phone, but not dial.

If your earpiece is on and paired to the phone (you can see the "paired" <> symbol next to the Bluetooth symbol), and you initiate or receive a call, that call will go to your earpiece no matter what, whether it is in "standby" or "active", and whether you press the earpiece button or not. This relates to your final example also. When you initiated a call from the phone, it was already active on your earpiece, so all you had to do was listen and talk. However, by pressing the earpiece button after the call was already dialed, you ended the call.

It sounds like a case of the hardware working differently with this phone than it did with your previous phone, but from what you described, it's normal. So, if you can get used to it, that's how the 7100i works w/Earpieces. Good luck.

jsimon77
10-20-2005, 05:00 PM
For the great info!!