PDA

View Full Version : HELP- IT policy, no browser or maps???

oliverallison
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Im just wondering if anyone can help me-
My blackberry 9000 cannot access the internet as it has no browser icon, it also cannot access the maps icon (even though it is there), a message pops up saying it is disabled by the IT policy, this is the same story when i try to follow the links through my emails to the internet.
In the security settings it says that the IT policy is 'NO MAPS and NO BROWSER' .
People have told me that it may be my sim card being too old, i told this to the vodafone people in the shop and they said it wasnt that.
Ive also restored the settings and ticked the delete third party option with no luck.
And i am on a contract with the bold tool.

Jadey
02-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Are you on a BES server (i.e. connected to a server at work?)

If not, did you buy your device used or new?

oliverallison
02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
No im not connected to a server at work, i havnt tried. i just want to be able to access the browser over my network (if thats possibe, i know it was on my old phone- i used to just be able to click the vodafone icon and i would be on the internet, on this there is no icon.)
I bought it off someone i know who had upgraded to it, he used it for a while but then cleared it when he decided he didnt want it after a few weeks.

Jadey
02-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Sounds like he used it on a BES and has not removed the IT Policy. Thus why policy showing as 'NO MAPS and NO BROWSER' instead of Default.

Please see <<link removed, wrong one, see post below>>

You need to get rid of the IT Policy you have on the device before browsing will work

John Clark
02-08-2009, 04:47 PM
The instructions at the link above for BlackBerryFAQ are outdated. Please don't use them.

Use method #1 here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/67224-remove-policy.html

tsac
02-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Not trying to be a stick in the mud but if you remove the IT policy and start surfing you may find yourself in need of a new job. The BES server has the ability to monitor any changes you make and depending on the attitude of your company and your code of conduct you could be in for a rough time. I carry a separate device for personal stuff.

John Clark
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM
In post #2 he says he's not connected to a server at work.

Jadey
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Not trying to be a stick in the mud but if you remove the IT policy and start surfing you may find yourself in need of a new job. The BES server has the ability to monitor any changes you make and depending on the attitude of your company and your code of conduct you could be in for a rough time. I carry a separate device for personal stuff.

Except the OP is not on a BES. He bought the device off someone who was, and who did not cleardown policy.