PDA

View Full Version : multiple blackberry IP logs in Gmail???

Hannahkyle
02-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I at one point had two blackberries, a personal and a work phone. I thought I cleared all my personal data before getting rid of the old blackberry. I recently have been looking at the gmail ip logging feature, and I've noticed that every time a blackberry ip accesses my account, it does it twice, from two similar but not quite the same blackberry ip addresses. Is this normal, or is my old work blackberry still getting my email?

SteveO86
02-08-2009, 09:04 PM
wheres this GMail IP log feature im curious?

Hannahkyle
02-08-2009, 09:06 PM
very very bottom of the page
it says "last account activity..." click details

TroyDBrown
02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I at one point had two blackberries, a personal and a work phone. I thought I cleared all my personal data before getting rid of the old blackberry. I recently have been looking at the gmail ip logging feature, and I've noticed that every time a blackberry ip accesses my account, it does it twice, from two similar but not quite the same blackberry ip addresses. Is this normal, or is my old work blackberry still getting my email?

Easy fix for peace of mind. Change your password.

Hannahkyle
02-08-2009, 10:40 PM
you're right, I just did that, but I'm still concerned that my privacy might have been violated

dualsub2006
02-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Wirelessly posted

Reson number one why you should never use a company device to access personal information.

You should have deleted your information from the BB and then immediately changed the password to keep people. I don't know if you can say that your privacy was violated because you set the account up on the phone and then left the door open, but you probably don't have anything to worry about.