PDA

View Full Version : 8800 Solid red LED followed by double blinks

d2cslane
02-09-2009, 10:05 AM
When battery is installed get solid red LED for approx. 2 1/2 minutes, then goes to never ending double blinks. Have tried connecting with JL command loader(v1.9.1) and desktop manager app loader(4.7 and 4.1) from PC and laptop.Neither application will detect the port. Is this thing bricked?

Thanks

Iabode
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Its not bricked... you need to wipe it then reload the OS, and once you do that you have to find it yourself it happened to me i fixed in within 15 mins its not done i'll just take a bit of work to get it back.

d2cslane
02-10-2009, 08:14 AM
I can not get connection to wipe it. Have searched the forum and tried the various methods, none of them seem to work for me. I believe the port to be good for the BB will show the same symptoms when plugged into the USB port and no battery in the unit. The USB port on both laptop and PC are good. Will work with other BB's without a problem. I have tried gaining connection while the LED is solidly lit, flashing, between flashes.

d2cslane
03-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Update: The 8800 is officially bricked! I had sent it to the guys at BBrepairshop for the free diagnosis that they offer. After it was on their bench for 3 or 4 days, they contacted me to say the BB needed wiped and reloaded, they tried without any success. I guess it will become a parts unit.