PDA

View Full Version : How to turn off bounce message

erock
10-19-2005, 02:55 PM
First of all I am clueless when it comes to this precious black thing (7290)that rules my life. The problem is I get over 500 emails a day... all with huge attachments. 90% of the time my blackberry sends a bounce message that the email can't be delivered (although I receive the message when I delete some mails). Is there an easy way to turn the bounce message off? Someone in my IT dept. set my BB up... now he's gone. I'm in France and my manual is in French. Unfortunately, I don't speak french.

Dustbin30
10-20-2005, 04:57 AM
Where does the bounce message get sent? To the person that sent the message to you or into your email box?

Here's a link to the english documentation...
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=736823&objAction=browse&sort=name

Joter
10-20-2005, 06:12 AM
The issue lies on the exchange server. Your BB will not bounce messages it will just start deleting older messages to allow the new ones to come in. You will need to get a hold of whoever manages your exchange server (your IT dept) and they will need to expand your limit on your inbox on the exchange server. (Most corporate businesses set a limit on your mailbox size and if the limit is reached you will not be able to sent or receive messages)