PDA

View Full Version : Any way to just send outgoing mail via gmail, not get incoming?

eyecon82
02-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Hey guys,

I currently use the Gmail app because I get a lot of junk mail on there and I rather not have my blackberry filled with gmail messages. Therefore, I just use my school email address since all those emails are important.

I do send out a lot of emails from my phone and I would like to use my gmail address to do that instead of my school address.

So......is there any way I can hook up my gmail to the push account, but only send emails from it? I don't want to be receiving emails from my gmail account. I use the gmail app for that since it keeps it more "clean" since gmail groups emails together like threaded SMS

Thanks guys

jjmach
02-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Hello,

add the gmail account thru your BIS site, then on filters section, where it said "When no filter apply" select do not forward to device.

So you won't get any e-mail, but you can use it to send it.

Regards

eyecon82
02-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Hello,

add the gmail account thru your BIS site, then on filters section, where it said "When no filter apply" select do not forward to device.

So you won't get any e-mail, but you can use it to send it.

Regards

Thank you!

Do I have to set the filter to

Email Account: xxxxxxxx@<hidden>

Change this filter by selecting new criteria.

Filter name:
Apply filter when: "new mail arrives"

Or can I leave that blank and have it when "no filters apply"? Thanks

jjmach
02-09-2009, 01:16 PM
You don't need any filter, so just change to Do not forward.

eyecon82
02-09-2009, 01:17 PM
perfect...thank you so much! I had no idea that I needed to click on "filters" i just kept going to edit..and I didn't see any options!

Thanks again!

takeshi
02-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Every account has a default filter. In this case, just set the default to Do Not Forward.