PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry folder sync in cached Exchange mode

dn2rth
02-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know how to sync Inbox subfolders with a blackberry while running Outlook 03 in Cached Exchange Mode? I am using BES 4.1.6.14 and Exchange 2007. This worked on Exchange 2003, but since the cut to 07 the subfolders will only sync while Outlook is running "on line". I've chosen folders to sync in the Blackberry Manager, but still no luck.
Thanks!

takeshi
02-10-2009, 11:01 AM
First off, email doesn't sync on any BB. It shouldn't matter if Outlook is in cached Exchange mode. BES and BIS only interact with the mail server -- not the mail client. Are you sure that nothing else has changed?

fiffer
02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
You'll need to set up redirects with the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Outlook cached exchange mode shouldn't have any bearing on this.

dn2rth
02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
One wouldn't think that cached mode would have any bearing on it, but I, and another tech, have been told by RIM that they do not support cached mode, and it did not work on our Exchange 07 sytem. Until... Finally after getting to a tier 2 tech, he had me right click on a bes users and "edit properties", then click Advanced, then change the "enable static mailbox agent" to true. The only reason he had me do this was to create it's own log file for trouble shooting, but for what ever reason it fixed the problem, and now the folders are being "pushed". He sounded about as surprised as I was. I hope this helps someone else down the road. Thanks.