PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Messenger Lag

havaloc
02-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Recently just about everyone I know on various carriers and devices have been having problems with Blackberry Messenger. Messages are not updating status (not showing the D or R), messages arriving out of sequence, or significantly delayed. Has anyone else noticed this?

TheDuderino
02-09-2009, 08:16 PM
I do...but i don't know what to do...what can we do?

dc/dc
02-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I notice it, but I am chatting with people in London, Guam, D.C., and southern VA, so it's not unexpected.

TheDuderino
02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I can't chat any long...

rdrakea
02-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Yep...been noticing it intermittently.

leifandmindy
02-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Wirelessly posted

I have noticed that all of our company phones show up with the little clock by their name. I can send them all messages from my personal bb but they can't respond. I don't know if this is a similar issue or a BES setting. Does anyone know? Thanks, Leif

maheenb
08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Im having the same issue. Called Fido and they told me to update my software which i did and it worked for a while with no problems but the issues have started again today! It is so frustrating, i'm ready to switch to an iphone now!

Is there anything we can do to fix it? I have a blackberry curve 8900 and am using BBM 5.0

fonejunkie
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
BBM 5.0 is NOT ready for prime time... it was leaked software, and as such, can be counted on to have issues... it was sluggish, error prone and crashed with group chat, in my brief experience... I went back to the version that came with the OS for my Bold (4.6.0.282).

BTW, there is NO BlackBerry messenger software for your iPhone... so talk about lag...

d33pa
08-04-2009, 10:36 PM
I have the 8900 with bbm v5 as well.. it has been perfect accept for the last few days... before it was working great.

I am wondering if peeps that are having problems (message lag - msg's not 'd' or 'r'), please post phone model and bbm version to see if it indeed is the beta bbm version or just service issues.

NoahFecks
08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I have the 8900 with bbm v5 as well.. it has been perfect accept for the last few days... before it was working great.
It's not BBM 5 that's the issue, it's the servers. From what I've seen, people using BBM 4 are having the same exact problems. There's really nothing wrong with BBM 5 as far as the erratic message delivery is concerned, so don't think downgrading is going to help any.