PDA

View Full Version : BB Feature I want!

alb123
02-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Wirelessly posted

I don't know if I'm the only person who would like this or not: I would love the capability to compose Email, SMS or MMS messages, save them as a draft but assign them a delivery time. Quite often I find myself in the situation "okay, if I don't hear from you by 4pm I will get back in touch..." So I would like to pre-compose my response in case I'm busy at the certain time I stated I would get to someone. Or for instance, its 1:30am and I know I will be up all night. Now I want to send a message to someone for 7am before they start their day but I'm sure I will still be sleeping and I don't want to send it now because every time I do, I wake the recipient up at such hours. They leave ringers on for emergencies. So, now I'm forced to wake up at 7am and I'll probably fall asleep around 5am...BLEH!! Hehe

Chris

Damaged7
02-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Thats a cool feature.

One i would like, i know this will sound stupid but... If i type in a "$" and press no spaces, then any key i push should be a number.

For Example, i have a bold. My S key is also my 4 key. So if i put a $ it should automatically go into number mode instead of me having to hold the ALT key and push the numbers in.

takeshi
02-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Send them to bbsuggestions@<hidden>

alb123
02-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Thats a cool feature.

One i would like, i know this will sound stupid but... If i type in a "$" and press no spaces, then any key i push should be a number.

For Example, i have a bold. My S key is also my 4 key. So if i put a $ it should automatically go into number mode instead of me having to hold the ALT key and push the numbers in.

Yeah, I kind of like that too...Tried to think of any reason why that wouldn't be good and I couldn't! heh :smile:

VIOLATOR
02-12-2009, 11:05 PM
I had to do a little searching but I knew I had seen something like this before.

Download MessageScheduler 1.0.1 for Blackberry Free Trial - Schedule emails and PIN messages to be sent at a future date directly from your device! - Softpedia (http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Internet-Utilities/Email/MessageScheduler-69398.shtml)

David

alb123
02-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Beautiful! I will give MessageScheduler a try...If it works the way it should, will be worth $9.00 no problem...

alb123
02-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Ahh, posted before reading the who product description. This app does exactly what I said I was looking for in a BB OS except it doesn't do SMS/MMS - just E-Mail and BBMsgr PIN messages. Still going to try the trial version - can't hurt!

Chris

jrice8002003
02-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Thats a cool feature.

doesn't your bold allow for pressing alt + left shift to hold typing in number mode? that's only pressing one more button than what you're suggesting

KimMazz
02-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Ahh, posted before reading the who product description. This app does exactly what I said I was looking for in a BB OS except it doesn't do SMS/MMS - just E-Mail and BBMsgr PIN messages. Still going to try the trial version - can't hurt!

Chris

It looks like there is a related product that takes care of SMS. It's on the page under related items.

SMS Scheduler 1.10
Mobilatech SMS Scheduler lets users schedule the mailing of Short Message Service (SMS) messages at specified dates and times.

VIOLATOR
02-13-2009, 07:00 AM
It looks like there is a related product that takes care of SMS. It's on the page under related items.

SMS Scheduler 1.10
Mobilatech SMS Scheduler lets users schedule the mailing of Short Message Service (SMS) messages at specified dates and times.

I think that is only for the TREO.

David

Damaged7
02-13-2009, 04:50 PM
doesn't your bold allow for pressing alt + left shift to hold typing in number mode? that's only pressing one more button than what you're suggesting

Yeah it can do that. Which is fine but i usually forget about it.