PDA

View Full Version : New user cd HELP!!!

gedgino
02-10-2009, 04:41 AM
Hi guys i am picking up the new blackberry bold today (in the UK). I have never had a blackberry before so unsure on everything.

My CD drive on my computer is broken and I want to use the blackberry to its full potential. Is there a way of downloading the software or information rather than use the disc. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks

Ged.

akosnitzky
02-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Yes go to BBFAQ and look for OS Downloads link and Desktop Manager which are next to each other

gedgino
02-10-2009, 05:31 AM
ok thanks mate. shall i do that before i plug my blackberry in or afterwards?

Jadey
02-10-2009, 05:43 AM
If you've never installed Desktop Manager before, then do it first. Not too important either way, but depending on your PC OS it may not recognise the BB device before DM installation.

Go here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Pick a version of DM, for a Bold I'd recommend 4.7

Dubdub
02-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Hi guys i am picking up the new blackberry bold today (in the UK). I have never had a blackberry before so unsure on everything.

My CD drive on my computer is broken and I want to use the blackberry to its full potential. Is there a way of downloading the software or information rather than use the disc. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks

Ged.

Welcome!

Are you on a PC or a MAC? If you are using a PC then what Jadey and akosnitzky posted applies for both Windows XP and Vista. If you are planning to sync with Outlook XP/2000 or earlier, then DM 4.2 SP2/SP3 will work nicely.

If you use a MAC then you will need to go to the RIM web site or use Google and d/l PocketMac. Visit the MAC section for more info.