PDA

View Full Version : Email Activation query

AjSaunders
02-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Hi

New to the forum and to Blackberrys, but im getting the hang of them (i think). Im currently using an 8310 Curve.

I have set up my business email account (on BIS) and can send/receive ok so no problems with that - however i receive on a daily basis 1-2 emails from the activation server
"Congratulations, you have successfully set up ****** with your blackberry device. you should begiong receiving new messages in approximately 20 minutes".

As i said, i have no problems sending/ receing emails, but receiving 2 of the se emails every day is beginning to annoy me. Any ideas how to stop them? the activitation email is a donotreply account!

Pretty sure im running the latest OS as the first thing i did once hooking up the software was let Blackberry up date everything - i dont know how to check however.
Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers
Aj

SteveO86
02-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Remove the email from the BIS site, then resend the service books do a battery pull. Once the BlackBerry comes back up re-add the email account via the BIS then send the service books from the BIS site again.

If it keeps doing it after that I would call the carrier and check with them. Make sure they got you on the right data plan and so forth.

AjSaunders
02-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Many thanks for your reply, and please pardon my ignorance, but what are the books you refer to?
When i first got the phone the auto set-up wizard ran and i just inputted my email account details, server info etc - its isnt a blackberry email account.

my carrier didnt have a clu other than contacting customer services - which i chose not to do as in my mind the issues lies at blackberry's end....

SteveO86
02-10-2009, 08:15 AM
When you login into BIS you should have an option to "Re-Send Service Books" on the left hand side of the site somewhere.

The service books simply tell the BlackBerry what it can and can't do as well as what services it can perform (email/calendar, etc)

AjSaunders
02-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Many thanx - found the books thru the phone on my carriers website. Im not actually signed up with BIS, as my phone says i dont need to - but can do so through the phone if need be. I have resent the books, and I received an activation email lolol - just one this time though.

Hopefully i wont get any more tomorrow - many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Aj

AjSaunders
02-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Just to let you know that your advice worked a treat - no more pestering emails.
Mnay thanks for your assistance Steve086, much appreciated.

Aj