PDA

View Full Version : What would you use at the Gym?

bcinelli
02-10-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm trying to just use my blackberry for everything so with that said when I go running I want to use my blackberry as my music device. With that said does anyone know of any wraps/bands/holders that are good enough so it will stay still and will be mostly protected?

dc/dc
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Your avatar is scary. :-(

culture
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm trying to just use my blackberry for everything so with that said when I go running I want to use my blackberry as my music device. With that said does anyone know of any wraps/bands/holders that are good enough so it will stay still and will be mostly protected?

I use my bold as an mp3 player, I just put it in my pocket when im at the gym.

bcinelli
02-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Your avatar is scary. :-(

lol sorry. I'm not normally that scary I was drunk and my macbook was there.

bcinelli
02-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I use my bold as an mp3 player, I just put it in my pocket when im at the gym.

Sometimes i dont' have pockets when i wear shorts :( .. sucks for me i guess.

taeisme
02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8330)

I use my pod running case. It doesn't fit 100% but I haven't dropped it yet

skyman84
02-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I've got a Pearl and just slip it in my pocket.

If you've not got pockets, have you considered gaffer tape?

roofus
02-10-2009, 06:42 PM

I find a well-designed jockstrap useful! It holds most things in place!

Shaun
02-10-2009, 07:24 PM
An iPod Touch case (little bit of wedging), and a JayBird Headset.

hcheun
02-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I have the ipod arm band, and I use the Motorola S9-HD's via bluetooth. it's a snug fit, but hey it's worth protecting my Bold 9000!

SteveO86
02-10-2009, 08:57 PM
I usually got my BlackBerry holstered when I'm running and I've got some Sony wired headsets that wrap completely around my ear, very good sound quality but it pretty much phases out everything/everyone around me.

david9962000
02-10-2009, 09:03 PM
I listen to my itunes with my 8330 via BB Media Sync with the dual wired headset.

machiavell1
02-11-2009, 08:02 AM
I second the jaybirds. Or perhaps (if you can afford them and don't mind looking like you're at a Trekkie convention) the Kleer audio wireless headset by Sennheiser. They're excessively dorky (IMO) but the sound quality/lack of interference is amazing. I have both these and the Jaybirds and use them for exercise with iPods/Stereos/Blackberry. I just can't wait till manufacturers start building Kleer into their systems and Kleer/Kleer partners come up with a smaller, sleeker design for the headsets as there is no comparison between this and BT. Kicks BT's ass.

With a wireless solution, then you can leave the berry on the machine/on the bench next to you.

My only concern about using the berry for exercise (barring having to switch the phone bit off) is sweat damage to the electronics over time. I don't know if this is unwarranted or not...

machiavell1
02-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I have the ipod arm band, and I use the Motorola S9-HD's via bluetooth. it's a snug fit, but hey it's worth protecting my Bold 9000!

How good is the sound/interference with the new HDs if you don't mind me asking? I had the old S9s and they suffered a lot from interference/skipping.

The only system I have discovered that hasn't skipped once have been the Kleers but their design is not particularly nice due to the lack of built in receiver etc.

bcinelli
02-11-2009, 09:10 AM
I second the jaybirds. Or perhaps (if you can afford them and don't mind looking like you're at a Trekkie convention) the Kleer audio wireless headset by Sennheiser. They're excessively dorky (IMO) but the sound quality/lack of interference is amazing. I have both these and the Jaybirds and use them for exercise with iPods/Stereos/Blackberry. I just can't wait till manufacturers start building Kleer into their systems and Kleer/Kleer partners come up with a smaller, sleeker design for the headsets as there is no comparison between this and BT. Kicks BT's ass.

With a wireless solution, then you can leave the berry on the machine/on the bench next to you.

My only concern about using the berry for exercise (barring having to switch the phone bit off) is sweat damage to the electronics over time. I don't know if this is unwarranted or not...

that is my biggest fear .. a lil sweat in the old berry .. do not want! lol.

machiavell1
02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
that is my biggest fear .. a lil sweat in the old berry .. do not want! lol.

Which is why the wireless solution works quite well. Don't know about you, but it's really having the damn thing in my running shorts/on my arm when I am running that generates most sweat. Running does that for me! So having it sitting totally dry on the machine while I am exercising seems ideal. Plus you can have easier access to the buttons/menus in front of you.

akosnitzky
02-11-2009, 09:29 AM
This is what I use

https://www.tunebelt.com/domino/tunebelt/shop.nsf/parts/A8FE719B39E7DBC18525724C005A1FEC

ATLSport
02-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I have my Bold in an Otter case. (I run, bike, gym with it) I use the clip-on to clip it to the waistband of my shorts. The Otter case gives great protection from sweat and light rain, plus times I've dropped it from my bike, the rubberized case did great. I love my Otter. Makes the Bold a little bulkier, but I can live with that for sure.