PDA

View Full Version : AT&T nagging pwd change every month?

datanet
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
A client of mine has a Bold on AT&T (Pearl prior to that). About every 30 days or so he keeps getting these nag messages to go update his password and then email quits coming to the bb. I have a 8830 World on Verizon and NEVER get that kind of message.

So he (ME) has to log into the att/blackberry config page and type the same password in the field for that email acct. and save it. That's all it takes, but it's a pain in the ass, and when it happens it kills his email until we do that stupid password confirmation! It's not even smart enough to force a change of password to justify the whole purpose of this stupid activity. This happened on both phones (pearl & bold) on the same email acct. and mobile #.

Anyone got any insight here? He only uses one email acct. so I can't tell if it is a universal hassle from AT&T or come config. we're overlooking.
:-(

Dubdub
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Must be a configuration, unless it is coming from the ISP. Have you tried deleting that account, re-adding and resending the service books?

ezrunner
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Not ATT

I believe it is ISP, i don't get prompted to revalidate acct unless I change password

rambo47
02-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Sounds like an IT Policy to me. Is your client on a corporate BES? Or was his BB ever used by someone on a BES? Even an old policy that's still in place could require a monthly password change.

monkeypaw
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
This happened to me with an Earthlink account, but not every month, just 2 times. It was the only account that I had a problem with.

datanet
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Not ATT

I believe it is ISP, i don't get prompted to revalidate acct unless I change password

Not ISP...email acct is his domain hosted in-house on his own exchange server. No BES, No prior owner on the Bold BB, shouldn't be policy issue because no user can change their password.

ATT page gets stuck trying to 'Validate the email address' which tells me it is not getting response it needs from the server. But of course it provides no info on what the hell it is trying to do in the first place.