PDA

View Full Version : Buy Curve Now? Or wait?

lnub
02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Howdy Y'all. I'm brand new to the forum, and I'd just like to say hello to all of you.

I have Verizon, and I am finally ready for an upgrade. I've been wanting a blackberry for so long now, and I'm stoked.

I'm definitely set on the Curve if I should get one now (not really digging the Storm), and I really like what I've seen thus far.

But then I read that Verizon could possibly get a new blackberry as early as May 2009 (Gemini? Javelin? Curve 2?).

I just wanted to know what you all thought. Should I get the Curve now, or wait till May and hope they release a new device.

I would have no problem waiting, but I would hate for it to be delayed any longer. Is this reliable info?

And thanks in advance for your responses.

Cheers,

LNub

fiffer
02-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi and Welcome. There will always be a new great phone coming out every few months. Its really up to you on whether you want to hold off for another 4-6 months for the latest and greatest. Just know that when you do get your new phone, in 6 months there will be another one up around the corner :).

lharvey180
02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
I myself am a certified phone geek...LOL. So I know what you mean about wanting the newest thing out there. I have found though that when a new phone is realeased especially a new technology there are usually some types of buggs/issues with that phone until its been out for awhile. Something to consider.

rambo47
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
The Gemini is going to be a T-Mobile Curve 8300-series device and no great shakes and it's not for Verizon. I haven't heard anything about the Javelin/8900 coming to Verizon yet so I'm guessing it would be maybe 6 months (total guesstimate by me) until that happens. If it were me, I'd go with the Curve 8330 now. It's a pretty slick piece of kit and won't be outdated for years.

dmevis
02-10-2009, 07:05 PM
The newer model Curves you mentioned will have 3G technology. The existing Verizon Curve is already 3G technology. The only benefits to a newer model Curve on the Verizon network are probably:

1) Newer Operating System version. Probably V. 4.6 instead of the V. 4.5 on the existing Curve. However, V. 4.6 does not add much.
2) Faster Processor. This means that the phone will switch between Menus and applications faster.
3) Shorter Battery life. A result of the faster Processor mentioned above.

lnub
02-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Great, thanks for all the tips. I'm going to order the Curve I think.

Thanks again,

LNub

doggie
02-10-2009, 07:41 PM
On Verizon, I would get the curve now. No reason to wait. Congratulations on your new Curve.

kjjb0204
02-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Yep, go for the curve! It's an awesome device.

hcheun
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Yep go for the Curve, I have it here as well (although i have the storm and the 8830 haha) but indeed it's the best phone option for Verizon. and FIGHT ON! ;-)

SteveO86
02-10-2009, 09:03 PM
You can wait all you want, their is always a better phone in the works that will be released "soon".

If the Curve is gonna do what you need go for it!

I upgraded to the Curve from the 8830 8 months, haven't regretted it yet.