PDA

View Full Version : Preference Changes Not Saving. Please Help

evandt
10-20-2005, 03:12 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forums and could really use the help of you better educated blackberry users. I've only had my blackberry(7250 on Verizon) 2 days, almost all of the features seem to work just great. I'm receiving e-mail fine and all messages go through without a problem. I have run into one major issue though. When I make changes to preferences in a application(BB Today, Verichat etc.) the changes do not save unless I use the trackball and click on save before exiting the preferences. If i try to exit out using the esc button it asks me to save but when I click "Save" it will not work. Luckily I found the workaround by having to use the trackball but it is a lot more work to do every time I want to save and more importantly it worries me because I know this is not normal Blackberry operation. I have also noticed this intermittently happening on my system prefs as well. My BB is brand new and stock, with BB Today, BB Light, Verichat, & Berry411. I'm not on a BES incase that helps
Thank you in advance for any help that you can give to me.

spin-dizzy
10-20-2005, 07:40 AM
If you click the ESC key and it asks you if you want to save, and you click Save, isn't that the same number of clicks as if you click the trackwheel, select Save, then exit using the ESC key? Seems like 6 of one, half a dozen of the other to me. I've noticed this behavior myself in BBToday, but I just accept it as a programming "oops" and I just remind myself to save before exiting.

evandt
10-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I suppose it is the same, however it bothers me that there isn't better programming in pay for apps like Verichat. I suppose its just my OCD,
Thanks