PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Mail

flash008
02-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Hi,

If someones send me an email to my corporate mail, I have to wait for 15-30 minutes to received the mail. Another one is, the corporate mail going to Message Folder instead of to my corporate mail folder.

Is there anybody have been experience like this before?

Thanks,
Flash008

Dubdub
02-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Assuming that you get your company mail via BIS, email is always delayed about 15 minutes. RIM polls your email servers every 15 minutes, pushes what it finds to your BB and then repolls in 2-3 minutes. If mail is found, that is pushed and a repoll is done in 2 minutes, until no mail is found. At which time, RIM will revert to the 15 minute Poll cycle. This is how it works.

If you need it faster, see if your company has BES, use one of the hosted BES providers or see if they will install BlackBerry Professional Software Express for just one user (you). I think Gmail also has a deal with RIM to get to the device in near real time.

All email goes to the messages folder and to a folder for each account. Delete from one place, it is gone from all. Again, this is how the BB works.

takeshi
02-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Another one is, the corporate mail going to Message Folder instead of to my corporate mail folder.

It should appear in both (you're viewing the same email via either icon -- it's not that you're getting 2 copies). I'd recommend trying a battery pull first. If that doesn't help try resending the service books. If that doesn't help then delete the account from BIS and add it back.