PDA

View Full Version : Free Memory Which Reading Do I Trust As Being Accurate.

mvincelli
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi Everyone, I have a 8320 on T-Mobile, I have loaded MemoryUp and when I pull the battery and check Free Memory in MemoryUp it normally shows around 25mb free, but when I look at Free Memory by clicking on Status, it shows about 12mb free. So which is my real free memory reading? I have deleted everything I can delete by following the FAQ on memory clean up. The device works fine even when the Status reading is down to 5-8mb, MemoryUP shows it around 20MB. Any ideas?
Thanks!!

zerog46
02-11-2009, 10:33 AM
The real one is on the BB, that program is horrible.

mvincelli
02-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Zerog46, Thanks for the response, so any ideas what I can do to free up memory besides all the steps listed in the FAQ? I have all music, photos, etc on the Memory Card.
Thanks!!

takeshi
02-11-2009, 12:46 PM
12 is pretty good as it's a BB and not a PC. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're suffering from low memory symptoms (i.e. content being deleted).

mvincelli
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi Takeshi, Thanks for the advice. It seems to be working fine, I want to wait until I switch to a 8900, Can buy it now, but while some of the new features are cool, my 8320 has everything I need. I may try to scrub my Curve and see if that helps any. I am thinking perhaps since I "Cloned" my other 8320 using Desktop Manager to the replacement T-Mobile sent me, perhaps there is something in the software that is eating up memory.
Takeshi and Zerog46,
Thanks!!