PDA

View Full Version : desktop manager error

dankarlinski
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
i tried to reinstall some features on my berry. it had to wipe and reinstall due to using maxmen and taking alot of it off. now, i try to install, and i get nothing. it goes, erases and loads the system software. it waits for the device reboot, times out, and then cancels with an error message. the device reads 507 as the white screen error, and ive have no success with using the DTM or the Loader.

anyone got suggestions?

Dubdub
02-11-2009, 01:01 PM
507 means there is no OS. You can do a search on that error code and get the solution.

My recommendation is to wipe the device using Jl_cmdr and then reload the OS. Check the sticky in the 8300 for the latest 8310 OS and for complete instructions. IF DM is causing a problem, delete it and reinstall a "clean" version.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F)

dankarlinski
02-11-2009, 01:26 PM
i did a bunch of reinstalls and stuff. i finally got it figured out. not ure what it was, but i did a system restore for the hell of it and it worked... weird

Dubdub
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM
gremlins or dust in the electron stream I guess.