PDA

View Full Version : What Email works best with BB and Outlook?

BluePolaski
10-20-2005, 11:31 AM
I am trying to figure out a couple of things. One, which email (Gmail, yahoo, etc) works best with the Blackberry 7100t. I also want to be able to access that email account using Outlook when at home. Two, I need to know how to go about setting up the email to go directly to both Outlook and BB. If anyone has any input or could help that would be great.

whsbuss
10-20-2005, 11:55 AM
I suggest Gmail. It has the capability of forwarding to the BB and has POP capabilities. Do a search in the General forum for gmail setup.

KoD
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
BluePolaski, your best solution is to incorporate your messaging needs with Exchange + Blackberry Enterprise Server (or similar) have your BB synchronize with it and you'll be set.

If you don't have Exchange + BES then you might want to look at outsourced hosting solution, this might not be the cheapest way but it’s the most efficient in terms of usage. You simply end up with single point of information, either with address book, e-mails, calendar etc.

Personally haven’t used gmail or yahoo in conjunction wit BB, but from I hear it’s also capable of connecting with BB, but take a look at the details.

Here’s info on gmai+bb http://www.blackberrycool.com/2005/02/21/00207/

whsbuss
10-20-2005, 12:45 PM
KoD is correct. However using the BIS POP setup can be setup for any Internet mail service using POP. It also polls the mail server every 10-15 minutes.

Again I suggest searching the General forum for setting up Gmail for immediate mail forwarding and sending copies (BCC).

BES services are available outside a corporate environment, but at a price $19.95/mo