PDA

View Full Version : Why No Bold for T-Mobile??

waine06
02-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I have checked out the Javelin, and I know what the reviews have reported... I really like the Bold and wonder why TMO does not have it on their road map. The Bold would be a nice replacement for the 8820. Throw in TMO 3G and you have a very nice unit. Sucks that they seem to be skipping the Bold. Getting one unlocked is an option but I really would prefer to have a TMO branded Bold. Maybe we should start a petition. Just a thought??? If anyone has any upcoming TMO Bold news please post it.. ;-)

dc/dc
02-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I have checked out the Javelin, and I know what the reviews have reported... I really like the Bold and wonder why TMO does not have it on their road map. The Bold would be a nice replacement for the 8820. Throw in TMO 3G and you have a very nice unit. Sucks that they seem to be skipping the Bold. Getting one unlocked is an option but I really would prefer to have a TMO branded Bold. Maybe we should start a petition. Just a thought??? If anyone has any upcoming TMO Bold news please post it.. ;-)

There will not be a Bold 9000 with T-Mobile USA 3G. Period. End of story. Get over it.

dwella
02-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Yep this is one dead horse that has been kicked around awhile. I think tmo needs to conentrate on just getting 3g out.

d

Arcangel
02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
there 3G is on a totally different frequency I don't think they are gonna see many 3G BB if any

rambo47
02-12-2009, 07:38 AM
T-Mo got the Javelin. No 3G, just EDGE. RIM is not going to release an AWS-capable Blackberry anytime soon, and the Bold is billed as a 3G device. Speed and all that. So it doesn't fit with T-Mo as far as RIM's marketing strategy is concerned. And anyway, how many markets have AWS vs 850/1900 MHz 3G? A handful? If/When T-Mobile gets serious and rolls out AWS in a significant number of markets, then maybe companies like RIM will think about supporting AWS in their devices. It's a numbers game, and right now T-Mobile doesn't have the AWS numbers to impress anyone.

MidnightDraven
02-12-2009, 07:54 AM
See I dont understand why T-mobile in the US has a completely different 3G band to everyone else, whereas in the UK, its the same band (as far as im aware anyway).
T-Mobile seem to be kicking themselves in the butt in terms of their US market....

dwella
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
A tiny bit off subject but I think tmo thought by doing their own version of 3g they could take on the big boys. The only problem is they are running way behind have very little phones to work on their system if they ever get it working and it will take time for rim and others to even bring something to the table after tmo proves itself. In my opinion tmo went tne wrong direction when they put all their marbles in the teen market with fav 5 and text vs the business segment. JMHO

d