PDA

View Full Version : T Mobile $24.99 BIS plan?? limited email?

CableGuy711
02-12-2009, 02:14 AM
Blackberry Unlimited Web + 400 Messages

Get unlimited Web access, bundled with any 400 domestic messages. Includes Unlimited Web access and 400 domestic text, picture, e-mail, or instant messages

did this change recently to not allow unlimited emails???

flipnfreak
02-12-2009, 03:20 AM
there is a plan now unlimited web and messaging for 34.99....

wingrider78
02-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

What happened to the $20 unlimited data plan they used to have (that I still have)???

rachamphetamine
02-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Wirelessly posted (8320 Titanium)

What happened to the $20 unlimited data plan they used to have (that I still have)???

They phased it out. Users who had it previously still have it grandfathered in on their plans.

takeshi
02-12-2009, 09:21 AM
That description's misleading. 400 should only refer to SMS/MMS.

TXLady
02-12-2009, 09:26 AM

Get unlimited Web access, bundled with any 400 domestic messages. Includes Unlimited Web access and 400 domestic text, picture, e-mail, or instant messages

You get unlimited email.

CableGuy711
02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
thank you!! *PHEW*

this is my payback for not being faithful to my blackberry. I switched to a G1 for a month and hated it. Now I'm stuck on a 5.00 more per month plan hehehe

duckman
02-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I have the $20 BIS plan grandfathered- my contract expired a while back. If I were to renew the contract (say to get a discount on the 8900) would I have to pay $24.99? I've never used SMS and it seems even more pointless these days. I don't want to have to pay the extra $4.99 for it.

duckman
02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
You get unlimited email.

Are you sure about that? The T-mobile site says
"Includes: Unlimited Web access
400 domestic text, picture, e-mail, or instant messages"

That's really restrictive in my opinion. Particularly if it includes incoming e-mail in the count - I could easily burn through that on spam alone.

T-mobile is turning into Verizon. LAME

rachamphetamine
02-12-2009, 06:45 PM

That's really restrictive in my opinion. Particularly if it includes incoming e-mail in the count - I could easily burn through that on spam alone.

Re: post above:

That description's misleading. 400 should only refer to SMS/MMS.

CableGuy711
02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I have the $20 BIS plan grandfathered- my contract expired a while back. If I were to renew the contract (say to get a discount on the 8900) would I have to pay $24.99? I've never used SMS and it seems even more pointless these days. I don't want to have to pay the extra $4.99 for it.

I dont think they would change that service. Mine only changed cause i removed the BIS plan when i changed to my G1 then readded the BIS plan a month later.

I really think you should be fine. Especially if u do the changes of your PIN online

Godzilla07
02-12-2009, 08:13 PM

As long as you don't remove the $19.99 BIS add-on, it will be on your account for the length of your tenure with T-Mobile.

TXLady
02-12-2009, 09:07 PM

I'm quite sure. The 400 is messages, not email. Email is part of the data services and is unlimited. This has been discussed ad naseum on HoFo's TMobile forum.

duckman
02-13-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm quite sure. The 400 is messages, not email. Email is part of the data services and is unlimited. This has been discussed ad naseum on HoFo's TMobile forum.

Ok thanks. Yeah, T-mobile really needs to fix what their website says. I stand by my statement that bundling the messages is lame.

titetanium
02-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Wirelessly posted

What about those who currently have the minutes and mail plans? Once the contracts are up and/or you upgrade, then what? Do I end up paying more for less?

TXLady
02-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Ok thanks. Yeah, T-mobile really needs to fix what their website says. I stand by my statement that bundling the messages is lame.

I won't argue that.:smile:

I've had the grandfathered $19.99 plan with no text messages included for a couple years or so (since first I got my Pearl which seems like forever ago). I'm also on a family plan with unlimited messages. I believe I've read that if you are on a family plan with the unlimited messages you can still get the $19.99. Some people have also reported success at getting it through retentions but I don't think new customers have been able to do so.

eyecon82
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM

good question

TXLady
02-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by duckman http://www.blackberryforums.com/images/element/buttons_blue/viewpost.gif (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/175759-t-mobile-24-99-bis-plan-limited-email.html#post1283272)
good question

You do not have to make any changes to your plan in order to upgrade your phone. You should not have a problem keeping your grandfathered plan.

Soon
02-18-2009, 01:46 PM

Upon finding this thread, I JUST confirmed with a rep at T-Mobile that the email is unlimited. ;-) Figured it was worth quadruple-checking given the terrible wording on the website. I'm considering making the switch from BB Minutes/Mail to the 600 minutes plan and adding this $24.99 service; I'll be paying $5 more per month total, but having a girlfriend's been completely killing my minutes recently! So it might be worth the switch to get unlimited nights/weekends.