PDA

View Full Version : Texts only show callers number not name

JohnHowell
02-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Hi

Please be gentle with me. I've had an 8100 Pearl for a couple of months - all ok until I removed the memory card and put it back in.

It may be a coincidence - but since then, whenever I receive a text - it doesn't show the persons name - but only shows their number.

Any idea how to get this back working again?

I did run the setup wizard after I'd replaced the memory card - as the battery had to be removed at the same time.

I'm not a technical person - so any guidance needs to be easy to follow (please)

Many thanks

John

titetanium
02-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Wirelessly posted

Are the texts from the people listed in your address book? If they aren't, you'll need to add their name with their number to get future texts showing the names.

jrice8002003
02-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Wirelessly posted

Are the texts from the people listed in your address book? If they aren't, you'll need to add their name with their number to get future texts showing the names.

i'm gonna give John a little more credit than that and assume that he's talking about existing contacts in his address book.

so you've done a battery pull since you've experienced your problem? what's your free memory looking like? if your phone is jam packed, it could be doing some goofy things on you; you might try deleting some apps and then doing a battery pull. if all else fails, you could wipe the OS and re-install a fresh one. it's a last resort, but that should definitely work

rdef
02-13-2009, 10:04 AM
do you have encryption turned on?

Damaged7
02-14-2009, 03:49 AM
Wirelessly posted

I used to have this dame issue on my old crap phone. Sadly I never found a fix. I do understand how annoying it is though.

HalconNocturno
02-14-2009, 07:41 AM
press SEND, MENU, goto OPTIONS, verify COUNTRY CODE and set NUMBER SIZE to 10