PDA

View Full Version : Bold - SMS goes to pending

bbolduser11
02-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi,
I have an unlocked Bold, and am using the device in India with Airtel.
When I try to send SMS it moves to pending, instead of it getting sent out.
Note that this is always reproducible, and a quick Alt+Shift+Del to restart the device sorts out this problem, but it reappears again a few days later.
This is quite frustrating!:-(

Therefore i think that the only choice for me is an upgrade, and my current version is 4.6.0.126. However this version is not locked to a network, and I would like to update to another/latest version of the Bold which is not linked to a network(searching the internet i am able to get the latest versions for Verizon/Orange and other networks, but not one which is say, network free).

Are there any links to the latest (unfettered by network) version?

(NOTE: I am not subscribed to a BES.)

Note that the following options do not correct this error:
(Going to SMS options and )
a). Changing the network to send over. (currently set to CS, since PS service is not available, even when set to other options - PS only, CS pref, PS pref, does not work).
b). Changing data coding scheme (to 7bit or UCS2)
c). Service Centre number is ok (+919845087001 - note that since after a reset this works, means that the service centre number is ok).

jsconyers
02-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the forums.

What do you mean the current version is locked to a network?

bbolduser11
02-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the forums.

What do you mean the current version is locked to a network?

Hmm.... I meant that the device is not locked to a network, and that the software version i am using is a world edition (i.e. the original installation on the blackberry was for use with any network)

jsconyers
02-15-2009, 01:10 PM
You can install any OS for the 9000. It doesn't matter which carrier released it. You just need to removed the vendor.xml file.

Is that what you're referring to?

bbolduser11
02-15-2009, 01:16 PM
You can install any OS for the 9000. It doesn't matter which carrier released it. You just need to removed the vendor.xml file.

Is that what you're referring to?

No. I know how to upgrade the software, but i dont want to install a software made for a particular carrier, since these versions are tweaked to work better with some carriers, and it may inherently create problems on other carriers.
Therefore i am looking for a latest version which is not linked to a particular carrier - just a general software update for the world edition phones(which are not linked to a carrier).