PDA

View Full Version : Lost

chrisxtremes
02-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey guys, recently I have lost my javelin. Is there any way that RIM can track my device or anything to be done so that I can get back my phone? I lost my phone in a hotel in LA.

Could RIM block the phone from the command center or something? When using my friend's BB to send a message through BB messenger, there is a "cross" sign, what does it mean? My phone is unprotected, can the person still use the phone?

Thanks for helping. Have a nice day! =D

TroyDBrown
02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey guys, recently I have lost my javelin. Is there any way that RIM can track my device or anything to be done so that I can get back my phone? I lost my phone in a hotel in LA.

Could RIM block the phone from the command center or something? When using my friend's BB to send a message through BB messenger, there is a "cross" sign, what does it mean? My phone is unprotected, can the person still use the phone?

Thanks for helping. Have a nice day! =D

Call your carrier and report the phone as missing. Yes it can still be used if they pop in another SIM card. There are third party apps in the future that will let you track it or destroy the info on it but not much you can do now after the fact.

david9962000
02-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Did you call your service provider and ask what can be done? Is the cross sign red?

chrisxtremes
02-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah.. is in red. And the carrier is the service provider or RIM?

david9962000
02-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Carrier is your service provider and the red X means your message was not received and the bb has no service.

takeshi
02-17-2009, 09:13 AM

Nope. That's why everyone should have a device password on their BB's.

If you're on a BES a remote wipe can be performed. If you're not on a BES there are similar 3rd party solutions.

Don't forget to call your carrier ASAP to have the line suspended until you get a replacement SIM.