PDA

View Full Version : numbers stored on SIM

rockerz71
10-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Hey everyone

I just got my 7100t, and am trying to figure out how to get the contacts stored on my sim card by my old phone added to the address book of the blackberry. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and, if so, what I need to do?

This sounds like something I should have read in the manual, but I haven't been able to find anything; I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question

Thanks

John Clark
10-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Are you using the old sim card in your 7100t? If so, just go to address book, click the wheel, select "sim phone book", click the wheel and select "copy all to address book". That should do it.

DSS597
10-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Hey everyone

I just got my 7100t, and am trying to figure out how to get the contacts stored on my sim card by my old phone added to the address book of the blackberry. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and, if so, what I need to do?

This sounds like something I should have read in the manual, but I haven't been able to find anything; I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question

Thanks
Not sure what phone you had before, but if you had a T-Mobile phone before that, assuming you did, all you do is put your old SIM card into your new 7100t. Go to your address book, click on the wheel and scroll down to SIM address book. Once you get there you can copy them over to your address book, pull out the old SIM and copy over to new SIM if that's what you want to do. Hope that helps.

jboogie
10-22-2005, 01:25 AM
what is your old phone?

the more info you can give really helps in situations like this... model numbers.. the OS version.. the provider.. of both phones.

im sure it is possible, but how can we develop a solution if we dont even know what we're dealing with?

its just a text file basicaly... shouldnt be hard if you have all the cables.

alot of phone providers will migrate your data for you.. as an incentive to upgrade. if you bought the BB recently i would go back and ask if they can transfer the data for you..

rockerz71
10-22-2005, 05:07 AM
thanks for all the help everyone, all I needed was to go to the SIM phonebook and "copy all to address book". I just didnt see it before.

Thanks again