PDA

View Full Version : bold's display size- compared to curve 8310

Misho
02-19-2009, 04:10 PM
at the moment i got curve 8310, and i already got money for bold, but ive never seen it live or held it in my hands and online it seems like it has smaller display size, how smaller is it? i mean- is it very noticeable for a user that uses it as browser, picture viewer...and oh well a nice bog curve display size fan. some feedback would be appreciated

mckinneycm
02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
The Bold display is larger than the Curve. The Curve's resolution is 320 X 240, while the Bold's is 480 X 320.

Misho
02-19-2009, 04:42 PM
damn i really need to get glasses...

then, how thicker is bold than 8310? very noticeable? might be stupid things to ask but you guys are my only option

mckinneycm
02-19-2009, 05:45 PM
It's noticeable, but the functionality improvements will put that thought to rest.

Misho
02-20-2009, 07:54 AM
one more thing- ive just read a review where they said that display gets scratched very easily- since its made of cheap plastic. now, i had my curve 8310 for about a year now, and never used any protection for it, it was always in my pocket and screen didnt get too scratched, some minors. is the display quality at least same as 8310?

linderj
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
I've always carried my blackberrys w/o a screen protector and my bold's screen has held up just as well as the others.

Serkle K
02-20-2009, 12:41 PM
damn i really need to get glasses...

then, how thicker is bold than 8310? very noticeable? might be stupid things to ask but you guys are my only option

The bold is actually thinner... or atleast it feel thinner then the curve.

mckinneycm
02-20-2009, 01:00 PM
one more thing- ive just read a review where they said that display gets scratched very easily- since its made of cheap plastic. now, i had my curve 8310 for about a year now, and never used any protection for it, it was always in my pocket and screen didnt get too scratched, some minors. is the display quality at least same as 8310?

Actually, the reason they say that is because the screen is part of the LCD. If it scratches, you have to replace the entire LCD, which is pretty expensive. On the Curve, you have a plastic casing over the LCD. If it got scratched, you could just get a new front plate. The benefit of the Bold's screen, is that no dust can get between the screen and the LCD, because it is one piece.

arcurlyq
02-20-2009, 01:12 PM
I just went from the Curve to the Bold and the display difference is amazing. Battery life is somewhat compromised because of all the added functionality, but it's worth it (IMO). That being said, you DEFINITELY want to use protection on the screen. I installed a screen protector the moment I took it out of the box and I have extra protectors handy. SFPlanet on amazon makes some awesome protectors that perfectly cover the entire screen. They're great!

DataCentre
02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I type faster and more accurate on my Bold than I did with my Curve.

Misho
02-21-2009, 06:45 AM
I just went from the Curve to the Bold and the display difference is amazing. Battery life is somewhat compromised because of all the added functionality, but it's worth it (IMO). That being said, you DEFINITELY want to use protection on the screen. I installed a screen protector the moment I took it out of the box and I have extra protectors handy. SFPlanet on amazon makes some awesome protectors that perfectly cover the entire screen. They're great!

scary thing is that i cant buy it here since no one sells it, and dont have a proper credit card which would allow me internet purchase, so i guess i will have to take care of the screen.

anyone using bold without protection or case? how does it look?:?