PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up

jrh311
10-22-2005, 10:26 PM
I have been sitting here reading through all of these damn ringtone threads for the NEXTEL 7100I and i have yet to find a solution to my problem. So please only post if you know how to create custom ringtones for this kind of phone. I am sure whoever you are u will be really helpful to alot of people.

and i know where the search button is and it hasnt helped me yet...so someone please HELP ME!!!

Greatly appreciated

JRH III

Soapm
10-22-2005, 11:26 PM
I have been sitting here reading through all of these damn ringtone threads for the NEXTEL 7100I

Problem 1, just look for 7100 instead of Nextel 7100I.

and i have yet to find a solution to my problem. So please only post if you know how to create custom ringtones for this kind of phone. I am sure whoever you are u will be really helpful to alot of people.

2. We know you're right so someone was kind enough to make this topic a sticky at the top of this sub forum. This makes it, "really helpful to alot of people". Good suggestion but it doesn't appear to be working.

and i know where the search button is and it hasnt helped me yet...

3. Corey and Dawg will tell you since you know where it is the next step is to use it. It will be more helpful. You did good finding the button, now you have to practise using the button. You see it does you know good just to find. We can find buttons everywhere. I have a vote for McGovern button and many buttons on my fly but if I never use the buttons then McGovern may not make president and, well, you know about the snake??? I'm just relaying thier message. :wink:

so someone please HELP ME!!!
ok, I'll help ya, next time search for 7100 instead of NEXTEL 7100I or just read the stickies since the search button is too complicated.

Greatly appreciated

JRH III

We all appreciate you also and hope you find your answer in the second post in the 7100 ringtone sticky.

whoknowswhat
10-23-2005, 06:45 AM
hey Soapm. you cant give addvise to this person when you dont know what your talking about. sorry dude but he cant search for the 7100. he needs info for the nextel 7100i which dont use the same .adp ringtones that the other 7100 series phones do. i feel for this person. i too cant find what format to make to get the ringtones on my 7100i

Dawg
10-23-2005, 10:10 AM
gee i have searched 7100i and found six posts on ringtones so dont know what their problem is I used 7100i the 7100i wav and bang had threads answering all the above questions

murpheous
10-23-2005, 10:23 AM
yep, me too dawg

noobs

corey@12mile
10-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Hey... how come I always get dragged into these things?

Here's what I do to vent my displeasure of n00b posts...

This past friday night, I was drinking over in the neighbours garage... getting a little buzz on... then getting pretty much hammered... my BB has been buzzing all evening with reply to posts etc. So I come in and sit a the old confuser... Goto the good ol' BBF.com and click on new posts.

To my utter amazement I can not only read the posts, in 3d it seemed even... but I can comprehend them as well... So I read n00bie post one... think they should have searched... so instead of coming down on the person, I clicked the little button to report the post. In my report I say something along the line of 'we should moderate the first 10 posts'.

So I kept reading and apparently for 30-40 messages or something and over a half hour, all done after midnight, I get a PM from Mark R asking me not to report these as the report is meant for 'serious' issues only. So I kept doing it for another 10 minutes then went to bed.

I encourage people who read a post that is flameworthy not to flame it, but instead report it using that little button with the exclamation mark on it.

This way we all win... we don't have to flame people and/or get into arguments... we don't make the board look bad by filling it with hofo like banter... we express our opinions to the moderators about the non usefulness of dumbass first posts.

cd.

Dawg
10-23-2005, 10:50 AM
corey we are just wasting our breath the mods arent going to do anything the only thing we could do is just ignore them. only problem with that is when i click new post its loaded with the same stupid BS; four out of 10 are new posts with same old stupid questions its getting so old I want to learn something new but since no one uses the search key we just keep rehashing the old stuff day in day out

corey@12mile
10-23-2005, 11:52 AM
I had the exact same attitude and it got me banned... I am trying the new approach now...

NJBlackBerry
10-23-2005, 12:22 PM
That's right. Ignore them. Do not post back. Do not get aggravated. And I turn off reply to posts.

purephase
10-23-2005, 12:32 PM
It's the expectation that bugs me. You sign-up, ask one question (without really contributing anything) and expect an answer. You don't have to search, you don't have to read through threads that are more than few posts long, and you still feel that it's your right to complain if other's mention posting etiquette.

Also, starting a thread titled "Fed up" doesn't help anyone. You should always name the threads based on what the question/comment is about. I know you're frustrated, but if it really is that important to you then call Nextel. You pay them money for this service, not the posters in this forum. Stop expecting people to solve your issues.