PDA

View Full Version : Potential new BB user

rockinone
02-20-2009, 05:42 PM
I have the original Q and have not problems with it. However, everyone I know says to get a BB that I would love it. With the Q I am able to connect it to my laptop and use it as a modem when I need to and it does not cost any more. Can I do that with a BB? Why would I want BB over the Q? I really don't know the main differences. Funny thing is when I go in to Sprint and ask them the differences, they say it is pretty much personal preference. LOL Lots of help there.

Dubdub
02-20-2009, 08:14 PM
I agree that personal preference has a lot to do with it. As a satisfied Q user, you might spned more time looking at differences than actually learning the ins and outs of the BB.

The main difference is the BB OS is much more stable. If you depend, using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. on your device, then that is a bit more complicated with the BB.

You can always get one from Sprint and try it out. If you do, make sure you get the BB data plan with it as that really allows you to use the features of the BB.

Trimix
02-20-2009, 08:16 PM
The feature you are talking about is called tethering. Same feature is available in BlackBerries.

Honestly, if the Q is working for you, and you don't have any good reason for switching devices just stay with the Q. When it breaks down or you find out you really need another device, then give BB a look. No point in wasting a perfectly good device.

monkeypaw
02-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I looked at the Q and up until a month before I bought a Curve I was thinking of waiting for the Q9 or whatever the later version is.

But I saw too many comments about instability of the Q's OS. And my last 2 phones were Motorolas. Not the Q. Motorola just didn't quite seem to understand basic things like having a syncing program that actually worked. And it cost extra to get the program in the first place. And to get the latest OS upgrade the phone has to be under warranty. Enough of those kinds of things and I was willing to try something new.

fxstsb
02-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Probably one of the most important features is the radio. How well does it transmit and receive. Nokia is #1. Blackberry is better than Motorola. I believe there are Nokias out there far superior to the blackberry in features and expensive too. save your money.