PDA

View Full Version : Want Sport Scores Sent to Blackberry-Advice?

lalainohio
10-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Looking for a service that emails/text messages NFL sport scores to a handheld and blackberry device. Does anyone have any suggestions or use a program that they could recommend?

lightningbug
10-23-2005, 01:23 PM
If you're on T-Mobile, go to their site and look at the "alerts". You can get most any scores at the end of quarter, inning, period, game, etc.

lalainohio
10-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Oh really.. yes I am with TMO.. interesting I'll try and locate that. Thanks!

azf100
10-23-2005, 02:19 PM
I use Yahoo alerts. Go to Yahoo.com and go to the mobile section. You can set up alerts for news, weather, sports, etc.....all for free

lalainohio
10-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Oh that is a good idea also... I just checked out the TMO alerts.. the only thing that stinks about that is they only update the scores at the end of each quarter.

fliedlice
10-23-2005, 03:14 PM
the yahoo alerts is cool if yuo only want to be updated on one team.....Id like to be updated on an entire sport

jonlevine
10-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Don't know if you are looking for just NFL scores or if you are looking for fantasy football info, but if it is the latter and you have a league on CBS Sportsline, you can now access your league from your 7100.

Sportsline and RIM teamed up to allow you to run your team from the 7100. You get realtime scoring, you can change your lineup, add/drop, etc. As a fantasy football guy, you can't beat it.

Here's the link: http://cbs.sportsline.com/wireless/football/blackberry

Hope that helps.

lalainohio
10-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks everyone!

djseto
10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
the yahoo one sends updates as TXT messages so TXT messaging fees will apply...

azf100
10-24-2005, 05:43 PM
the yahoo one sends updates as TXT messages so TXT messaging fees will apply...

It allows to you enter an email address instead of it being sent as a text message.

I use my cingular blackberry email account and they are sent via email.

Soapm
10-24-2005, 09:48 PM
How did you get an email addy in there?

dc/dc
10-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I use the T-Mobile alerts to get Redskins scores at the end of each quarter, and Nextel Cup "scores".

azf100
10-25-2005, 06:05 PM
How did you get an email addy in there?

Once you are in the mobile section and logged in, go to the alerts page. There should be link to add a device.

When you add a device, do not choose Mobile Phone. Instead choose, Pager/Other Devices. Once there you can either choose to enter the mobile phone number or an email address.

allsup
07-22-2006, 09:08 AM
I have spent hours trying to figure out if/how I can subscribe to any of the CBS Sportsline mobile apps with my phone and provider. With the growing popularity of both fantasy sports and the growing popularity of the BlackBerry for the average Joe, I am surprised that nobody seems to be in the same boat!

Here is the deal:

I have a 7100t with T-Mobile; no BES

I am a fantasy sports freak. baseball, football, basketball on sportsline. I am aware of ways to get sports scores and news, but there are custom apps available that allow you to make transactions and see scoreboards specific to your custom leagues, rosters, teams, etc.

My pain:
1-CBS Sportsline site says go to t-zones to get the app. My device is
unsupported. I just don't believe this. I had graded my browser and firmware to
support java!!

2- Went to handango, while 'inhand' is very cool, apparently they don't carry
any of the sportsline apps

3- Went to mforma, they do carry all of the sportsline apps, but not for my
carrier/phone. In fact, there are no BlackBerry devises listed at all for the T-Mobile carrier.

4- went to the blackberry forum and I see hints that people are getting
motorola/nokia apps to run on their bberry. So I started to think there might be light at the end of the tunnel after all. At this point, I'm not going to complain if the frames look don't fit my browser.

>>

Is it true that the cbs sportsline mobile apps are not supported on any t-mobile
devices?

Is it true that the only way to get these apps is from 't-zones' ?

I'm a bit surprised that I am ready willing and able to buy multiple cbs
sportsline mobile apps, and I have a high end phone capable of running Java
apps, yet I am shut out?

Thanks for any feedback.

Matt Allsup
STL, MO
mallsup@<hidden>

scottjl
09-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I have spent hours trying to figure out if/how I can subscribe to any of the CBS Sportsline mobile apps with my phone and provider. With the growing popularity of both fantasy sports and the growing popularity of the BlackBerry for the average Joe, I am surprised that nobody seems to be in the same boat!

Here is the deal:

I have a 7100t with T-Mobile; no BES

I am a fantasy sports freak. baseball, football, basketball on sportsline. I am aware of ways to get sports scores and news, but there are custom apps available that allow you to make transactions and see scoreboards specific to your custom leagues, rosters, teams, etc.

My pain:
1-CBS Sportsline site says go to t-zones to get the app. My device is
unsupported. I just don't believe this. I had graded my browser and firmware to
support java!!

2- Went to handango, while 'inhand' is very cool, apparently they don't carry
any of the sportsline apps

3- Went to mforma, they do carry all of the sportsline apps, but not for my
carrier/phone. In fact, there are no BlackBerry devises listed at all for the T-Mobile carrier.

4- went to the blackberry forum and I see hints that people are getting
motorola/nokia apps to run on their bberry. So I started to think there might be light at the end of the tunnel after all. At this point, I'm not going to complain if the frames look don't fit my browser.

>>

Is it true that the cbs sportsline mobile apps are not supported on any t-mobile
devices?

Is it true that the only way to get these apps is from 't-zones' ?

I'm a bit surprised that I am ready willing and able to buy multiple cbs
sportsline mobile apps, and I have a high end phone capable of running Java
apps, yet I am shut out?

Thanks for any feedback.

Matt Allsup
STL, MO
mallsup@<hidden>

I'm trying to do the same thing with Nextel and 7100i. I found the 2005 cbs Blackberry site but not a 2006.

koleary19067
09-08-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm trying to do the same thing with Nextel and 7100i. I found the 2005 cbs Blackberry site but not a 2006.

I have the CBS tracker working for my 7130e (sprint) As long as you have a team in a league of theirs, it is free to use.

Link is [url]http://sportsline.mforma.com/mlet/ffrim/go?action=league&num=1&from=5&0x=148[url]

scottjl
09-08-2006, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=koleary19067]I have the CBS tracker working for my 7130e (sprint) As long as you have a team in a league of theirs, it is free to use.

We do have a league with them but I couldn't find a place to download the software. The link you sent tells me i can't access the application.

koleary19067
09-08-2006, 12:37 PM
There is no software to download.

koleary19067
09-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Also i updated the link

scottjl
09-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Also i updated the link

it got me to the website and i logged in and then it says, i don't have access to the application. don't you have to pay for it each month? and if so, where do you sign up for that?
Thanks

koleary19067
09-08-2006, 01:54 PM
You will get that message if you are trying through a computer. You need to go to the site through your BB.

scottjl
09-08-2006, 02:01 PM
You will get that message if you are trying through a computer. You need to go to the site through your BB.

I went through my BB. Still no luck.

crs
09-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Try PocketDay Sports...

PocketDay Sports (http://www.crossriversystems.com/sports.htm)

rambo47
09-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Another vote for PocketDay Sports here. I've only used it with baseball so far but the updates come (with manual refresh) every 2 minutes. Putting the cursor over the little baseball icon for each game gives you a fast summary with outs, runners on base, and how the last hitter got on or out. Also lists the current pitcher. The summary only stays on for a couple of seconds but moving off the icon and back on again will bring it back up. The downside is that PD Sports is a subscription service. It's $3.95 per month (1 year) via PayPal or $40 for the full year in one shot.

scottjl
09-09-2006, 06:24 PM
The thing with CBS sportline if you have a league there is you can change your lineup and stuff.

BlackBerryEJ
09-12-2006, 12:02 AM
I have a 7130e and I want to get the cbs fantasy tracker but your link does not work anyone else having any success??

56xdriver
09-12-2006, 07:54 AM
I looked into the fantasy tracker for CBS. It looks like it was free last season, but this season they charge your phone bill $3.99/month. It is direct billed onto your carriers phone bill.

BlackBerryEJ
09-12-2006, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't mind paying 4 bucks a month but I can't even find that it is supported on a blackberry this year.

koleary19067
09-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't mind paying 4 bucks a month but I can't even find that it is supported on a blackberry this year.

I have it running on a Sprint 7130e this year. I paid nothing for this service.

Are you still having issues with the link i provided in an earlier post.

paulmac
09-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Try SportsAlert.Net - Get free text message sports score updates on your cell phone (http://www.sportsalert.net/) it is free, you can pick your sport, team, update frequency etc. I have been using it since I had a razr and it works great. You just have to sign up and thats free

BlackBerryEJ
09-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I have it running on a Sprint 7130e this year. I paid nothing for this service.

Are you still having issues with the link i provided in an earlier post.

The link didn't work for me on my 7130.

I can get to the wap cbssportsline page but it is very basic and it doesn't have fantasy anywhere...

toddyfraz
09-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

If you want only stats for specific players, download program at 4info.com and add all your players...live stat tracking, no sms

Also pocket express is nice too but doesn't list player's TD's...only yardage, etc

ckshowtime
10-13-2006, 02:02 PM
I have the 8700c, jsut got it yesterday, and I must have the Sporrts scores on there. I would love the Fantasy capability of CBS because that is where my Football team is. I guess I will start will all the sites already suggested

moosehead
10-13-2006, 02:47 PM
I have the 8700c, jsut got it yesterday, and I must have the Sporrts scores on there. I would love the Fantasy capability of CBS because that is where my Football team is. I guess I will start will all the sites already suggested

FYI...cingular has a NFL Fantasy Tracker on it's wap homepage. You can add up to 24 players to track....just another option.

snwbdrhoon
10-15-2006, 01:22 PM
thanks for the good advice....
-------------------