PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2007 sync

TotalTech
02-22-2009, 12:53 PM
I just went from a mac to a PC, the syncing with my Mac. My Mac's address book was synced with my Storm so on my setup I had my BB push my contacts and appointments to my Outlook. I've now been syncing both ways with my outlook and BB.

Here lies the problem. I just updated one of my contact's numbers in outlook. They have is set up as one block for area code and a second box for the 7 digit phone number. When I hit save it appears in the contact and on my BB after sync as +1 (555) 555-5555. Instead of changing the number it added a second number to my BB. Does anyone know how to get rid of the auto added +1. I don't want to be having to double enter numbers or keep correcting them

rambo47
02-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Try opening your phone app (green "Send" button) and use the Menu key to select Options. Go to Smart Dialing and make sure there is noting entered for Area Code. This should ensure your BB doesn't add anything to the numbers you save.

TotalTech
02-22-2009, 03:35 PM
It's not the BB that's adding it's outlook so when i Sync the second time i get
Name
Mobile: (555) 555-5555
Mobile 1: +1(555) 555-5555

all in the same contact. So it's not replacing the mobile number it's adding a second number with the +1 with any contact I edit using Outlook

aingaran
02-22-2009, 03:42 PM
It's not the BB that's adding it's outlook so when i Sync the second time i get
Name
Mobile: (555) 555-5555
Mobile 1: +1(555) 555-5555

all in the same contact. So it's not replacing the mobile number it's adding a second number with the +1 with any contact I edit using Outlook

Any particular reason you don't want the +1 in front?

TotalTech
02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
for a cell phone it's not needed and the main reason is it's creating duplicates

monkeypaw
02-22-2009, 03:53 PM
That's Bill Gates punishing you for your time with the Mac. I fixed something like this myself in a prior version of Outlook.

I'll try to figure out what I did. I think it had something to do with a template or format for the phone number, but I can't remember. It might have been something else.

monkeypaw
02-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Is this a personal PC or a work one? Now that I've looked, the "contact" template is different than I remember. When I open the template, the phone fields are actually text fields, not number fields. I had thought someone set the format to +1 (###) ###-#### so it automatically added the +1 in front of a string of 10 numbers. But with a text field, I don't know.

In Office 2007, try this and see what shows.

Tools > Forms > Design a Form

Open the Contact form and right click one of the number fields and select Propoerties. Is there anything in the "Format" field?