PDA

View Full Version : New to BB's - looking for a nice BT headset for my new 7100i

The H
10-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Please be nice a new forum member who's only looking for some help :wink:.

I just got my first BB device, a brand new 7100i from Nextel. Appears to be a very nice piece of equipment, though I'm a little bit overwhelmed with all the stuff it is capable of doing.

Now, what BT headset would you guys recommend to pair with this BB? is there any BT headset that supports Nextel's DC/PTT feature?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
The H

jscully
10-24-2005, 12:52 AM
PTT Feature (searched BT and PTT):
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=14600

Blue Tooth Headset Reviews (on forum main page-Bluetooth connection):
http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

I personally like the Logitech Mobile Freedom. Works great with everything. No headsets are ptt compatible, you can use the headset, but have to hit the button on the handset to talk.

fliedlice
10-24-2005, 04:02 AM
I loved my Cardo Scala 500.....I dont find the BT headset to be as necessary...I dont have any problems holding this phone to my ear

martin_j001
10-24-2005, 07:42 AM
I use the Jabra BT250 and find that it is better suited to noisy environments than other headsets I tried out (Motorola HS810 and 820, Nextlink Bluespoon AX, and one other). I like that the Jabra puts the speaker inside your ear, as this allows you to hear better, in my opinion, than headsets that sit the speaker outside the ear. I also think that the Jabra "fits" and "wears" better and more comfortably, than some other headsets (Moto for sure)... Just my .02. I've heard very good things about the new Jabra BT500, but I haven't used it so I can't say for sure....

Stag
10-24-2005, 10:03 AM
I just got my new BB 7100G, I purchased a Motorola H500 and have had no problems as yet. Sound quality is great, volume is great. People on the other end seem to hear me fine, with the only complaint being that depending on where I am (office, home , car) they sometimes hear a slight electronic hum.

I turned up the volume on the ear piece and lowered the volume on the unit and that seemed to solve the problem

War Eagle
10-24-2005, 06:23 PM
I wear glasses and have found bluetooth earpieces to be uncomfortable. Any suggestions from a fellow spec wearer as to a particular brand?

bigscrb15
10-24-2005, 08:58 PM
I bought a bluetooth headset from Wal-Mart for $48 and it works great. Alot cheaper than most other ones.

rlaurel57
10-24-2005, 09:05 PM
war eagle:
I also use glasses, and I put them on first, then my BT-250v over them and got used to the fit.
After a while I don't notice that I have it on.

sinanju
10-25-2005, 08:29 AM
I'll put in a plug for my HBH-660. Works great and has great range. I can put the BB in the spot in my house that gets good reception, and wander the house using the BT headset.