PDA

View Full Version : Corey with the 8700r

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 08:40 AM
*Edit... I have been asked by RIM to remove the picture of the 8700. Sorry guys, it was cool while it lasted.

cd.

jibi
10-24-2005, 08:57 AM
u r one ugly son of a b*tch! :razz:

j/k. but you are much older than what i thought. haha.

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey... I never claimed to be pretty...

But ya... I am officially a pervert now... turned 30 at the beginning of this month...

cd.

Canuck_2k
10-24-2005, 09:23 AM
:(

I really hate you

so WHEN THE HECK IS IT COMING OUT?!

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 09:26 AM
:(

I really hate you

so WHEN THE HECK IS IT COMING OUT?!

blkberryboy
10-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Were you able to get an anwser on the button on the left side of the device; we saw one in early photos is. Lots of speculation on it, but now someones played witrh it anything to share?

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Edited. Sorry.

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 09:38 AM
Edited. Sorry.

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Man... it's a good thing RIM doesn't have camera's in their phones... cause phone camera's SUCK!

These pics are all taken with my Nokia 6620.

Here's one of the Treo chicks from the party...

cd.

saldous
10-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Hi Corey, excellent info. Do you know when the 8700 will be out in the UK? and secondly, how good is it as a phone?

Thanks.

bperkins
10-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Corey...thanks for the info.....cannot wait to see it in person. Please give a full review once you receive yours.

"only place where Palm won was the Treo chicks at the front door"-LOL

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi Corey, excellent info. Do you know when the 8700 will be out in the UK? and secondly, how good is it as a phone?

Thanks.

No clue... No clue...

I don't have the foggiest about release dates outside of North America... I have personally never been too concerned about outside of Canada.

Edited. Sorry.

cd.

rjharary
10-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Nice job! I am going to try to get in to the Cingular launch party in NYC on the 1st, Thats a bit more private I think and the cingular one is grey so I wont look as pretty as Corey but I'm excited

test
10-24-2005, 10:41 AM
that does kind of bite that rogers has the black one and bootleg cingular has the grey

jibi
10-24-2005, 10:51 AM

Thanks.
i would think that Vodafone will be receiving an early release on the 8700 for the Europe market. they already have a theme available for it, so thats my basis of the assumption. we atleast know they have it and are testing with it, especially if the cosmetic nature of a theme has already been developed.

net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod

rjharary
10-24-2005, 10:53 AM
i would think that Vodafone will be receiving an early release on the 8700 for the Europe market. they already have a theme available for it, so thats my basis of the assumption. we atleast know they have it and are testing with it, especially if the cosmetic nature of a theme has already been developed.

net_rim_theme_120_320x240.cod

Where can I find that theme?

teamcrn
10-24-2005, 12:16 PM
any idea on the iden versio? because i was thinking of getting a 7100 but if the 8700 is coiming out soon i will wait

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Edited. Sorry.

barjohn
10-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Corey, glad to hear about the phone book sync on cars. Can you give the dimensions? I have yet to see them anywhere. How is the keyboard on the new unit? If it is the same width as a Treo the keys are going to be small and close together. Yes, I know you can type on a Treo and the HP 6500 series but I can tell you from experience that it is painful compared to a full size Blackberry. By the way, Cingular will be offering Push to Talk service so maybe they will incorporate.

KonTiki
10-24-2005, 12:53 PM
It looks awful small in your hand compared to a full sized BB, either that or you have humongous hands. Kidding, no flames please.

MozMan68
10-24-2005, 12:54 PM
....or do you just have banana hands??

I've already asked for mine, so I'm hoping to get one next week. We usually get trail models for free when they first come out, but no word yet on that.

Don't know what you're getting so excited about...the picture of the girl is doing nothing for me...and I don't think it's the phone's fault....

BBUser7100t
10-24-2005, 12:55 PM
I join everyone in thanking you for satisfying our craving for info. on the 8700.

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Edited. Sorry.

corey@12mile
10-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Don't know what you're getting so excited about...the picture of the girl is doing nothing for me...and I don't think it's the phone's fault....

Well they were better than the RIM offerings for eye candy... My friends are hardly something to stare at, especially if you are a guy. The girls were fairly cute though. The phone really does suck as a camera. I should have turned night mode on, but I didn't realize it had it. I only use it as a mobile tv while I am driving.

cd.

mkg
10-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Corey, is the screen the same size as the 72 series or is it somewhere between the 72 and 77 series?

jibi
10-24-2005, 03:25 PM
the screen has a higher resolution than the 72xx and 77xx - 320x240. not sure on the physical size of it though.

agep
10-24-2005, 03:28 PM
I keep talking to my rep and they are saying it will be rleased Nov 27th... so is it possible to get it earlier from Rogers? I can't wait another month.

AlbertoM
10-24-2005, 04:54 PM
How does the size compare with the 7100 series, and how does the screen compare with the 7100 series? Please tell me it is visible in the daylight!

SchmutzBerry
10-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I keep talking to my rep and they are saying it will be rleased Nov 27th... so is it possible to get it earlier from Rogers? I can't wait another month.

i can wait for another month, but what about the cost, i got my 7290 from Rogers less than a year ago....how much will they charge for an upgrade.

agep
10-24-2005, 06:56 PM
I'll let you know if i find out more information re the price to upgrade etc.

riley9576
10-24-2005, 09:47 PM
any idea what the 8700 will have for a case?

MrH
10-25-2005, 01:02 AM
corey@<hidden>,

Any idea on pricing yet from Rogers? Also any idea when it will be on the hardware upgrade list? In time for Christmas?

Lookin' good though...glad Rogers is getting the black one...the Cingular beta unit I saw in grey wasn't so hot to look at...but any 8700 is hot compared to the 7290...no more laggy scroll wheel... ;-)

mike_187
10-25-2005, 01:30 AM
Corey, is the screen the same size as the 72 series or is it somewhere between the 72 and 77 series?

the screen size is smaller then the 7700 series but larger then 7200, only a little larger then the 7200 series tho. i have one in my hands now.:):):)

beutifull display, i still cant belive it. still easy to type on.

the unit its self is smaller then the 7200 series. thinner offcors. not much smaller tho. the width is more noticable then the heights when compared to a 7200 series.

yah like corey said dont like the escape key but mite get used to it.

now for voice ive only had a chance to make one call, and it is alot better compared to my 7200. not sure about bluetooth but hopefully that is the same.

the lights sensitivity is a realllyy cool feature and suprisingly work very well. no problems viewing on direct sunlight.:)

corey@12mile
10-25-2005, 07:06 AM
corey@<hidden>,

Any idea on pricing yet from Rogers? Also any idea when it will be on the hardware upgrade list? In time for Christmas?

Lookin' good though...glad Rogers is getting the black one...the Cingular beta unit I saw in grey wasn't so hot to look at...but any 8700 is hot compared to the 7290...no more laggy scroll wheel... ;-)

Edited. Sorry.

I don't find my scroll wheel laggy on my 7290, but my BB Messenger sucks for lag. It seems to hang all the time and lag for 5-10 seconds at a time. I actually fill the keyboard buffer on it all the time and have to wait 10 seconds to see how far I have actually typed.

If RIM could fix that it would be nice.

cd.

kwilkins
10-25-2005, 07:18 AM
now for voice ive only had a chance to make one call, and it is alot better compared to my 7200.

Can you tell us how the voice quality is "better" than on the 7200. Was the max volume louder, do you think the phone could be used in a noisy environment?

mike_187
10-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Can you tell us how the voice quality is "better" than on the 7200. Was the max volume louder, do you think the phone could be used in a noisy environment?

well 1st it seems to have a better reception and EDGE powered. the voice quality is definetly better and a little louder, the voice is very clear, as good as any cell phone i have used. people can here me really good, and it seems they have taken care of some of the noise canacaletion issues. i have not used it in a noisy environment but it seems like it shouldnt be a problem with the improvments they have made.

but note that i have only made one phone call for aproximetly 2min and that is what im basing my opinion on.

thank you

Soapm
10-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Way to go Corey. Did you surf on it? Does the EDGE make a difference?

corey@12mile
10-26-2005, 07:24 AM
Edited. Sorry.

Bigmark173
10-26-2005, 08:09 AM
JUST got "Agent pricing from Cingular this AM. The 8700c is priced at about $450 for agents! They did NOT give us the availability date yet! (y)

map
10-26-2005, 08:31 AM
JUST got "Agent pricing from Cingular this AM. The 8700c is priced at about $450 for agents! They did NOT give us the availability date yet! (y)

$450? Are they out of their minds?

crisambo
10-26-2005, 04:24 PM

I think that's a better deal than the Nokia 9500 . . . anyway, my upcoming 8700c will probably cost me $40 for parking at the Wall Street area of NYC when I go Tuesday and party with Lance Armstrong, Jim Balsillie, Chairman and Co-CEO of RIM and Kent Mathy, President, Business Markets Group, Cingular Wireless. Maybe I'll take pics/video clips with my Treo 650 to post.

test
10-26-2005, 04:45 PM
I think that's a better deal than the Nokia 9500 . . . anyway, my upcoming 8700c will probably cost me $40 for parking at the Wall Street area of NYC when I go Tuesday and party with Lance Armstrong, Jim Balsillie, Chairman and Co-CEO of RIM and Kent Mathy, President, Business Markets Group, Cingular Wireless. Maybe I'll take pics/video clips with my Treo 650 to post.

uh yea, tell lance we said whats up

Number13
10-26-2005, 09:23 PM
uh yea, tell lance we said whats up

...also tell Sheryl Crow she needs to call me! 8-)

barjohn
10-26-2005, 09:34 PM
So what happened Corey? It's not like those pictures are the first ones and they aren't that good so what gives?

corey@12mile
10-27-2005, 06:58 AM
RIM is a very secretive company when it comes to products and services. What they don't like is rumour and speculation, which is going to happen regardless. Apparently there is one of the RIM lawyers who found out about the picture and was a little upset, as he apparently is with all leaked pictures, even though it was a RIM employee that took the picture.

Anyhow, one of my friends at RIM sent me an email telling me that there legal dept. has been throwing my name around with regards to this picture and the information that I have made available. He made the strong suggestion to me that I remove the picture and even better remove things I have posted about the 8700.

I most likely could have left the stuff up, without too much fear of any sort of legal action as yes, there are numerous pictures floating around, and lots of information. My concern here is my relationship with RIM. I have a lot of people I know at RIM and the last thing I need to do is lose their confidence. I need to keep my relationship with RIM and the employees that I know at 100% which was the reason that I took down the stuff I had posted.

Call it what you will, bending over for the company, so on and so forth, but I really need to maintain good relations with RIM at this point in my life.

RIM hasn't officially launched the 8700. Once it's launched on say... Nov. 9th... officially... then it's a free for all, until then, I am kinda tongue tied...

Sorry guys. I wish I could have kept the stuff up, but I have to look out for #1 first.

cd.

headtailgrep
10-27-2005, 07:56 AM
well this makes sense -- i hope you learned a lesson corey. Either post anonymously, or don't post at all becasue RIM is watching.

You also said you were getting an 8700 'in the mail in the next couple days'... which did not materialize.

there is no official release date except when it's released by carriers, or by RIM to enterprise customers. Anyone posting official release dates is crying wolf.. until you can back it up with something concrete such as a website or press release.

corey@12mile
10-27-2005, 08:16 AM
It has nothing to do with learning a lesson... It has to do with maintaining a relationship. Nobody can understand why RIM would be upset about the picture I posted, but I would rather err on the side of caution.

And of course there is no official release date except from the carriers... but there are product launch dates. You know... like when they announce a new product...

Do you think they would have an issue with what I posted if it was all wrong, they would laugh... haha this guy is just guessing. When someone constantly posts info that is correct, then they wonder where the info comes from... think about it.

Anyone who was at the Rogers Q4 launch party would have heard from people at the RIM booth why the release date was pushed back from Rogers... not something I made up, nor something that seemed overly priviledged to know.

cd.

rjharary
10-27-2005, 10:17 AM
I wouldve taken it off too, the guys getting a free 8700 earlier than any of us (Assumption) At least we got to see it for a few days. Thanks Corey!

AlbertoM
10-27-2005, 10:39 AM
It has nothing to do with learning a lesson... It has to do with maintaining a relationship. Nobody can understand why RIM would be upset about the picture I posted, but I would rather err on the side of caution. (snip)
I think the reason was obvious, as Jibi said:

u r one ugly son of a b*tch!

j/k. but you are much older than what i thought. haha.

I can just hear RIM legal:

"The face! The face! AIIiiiiiieeeee!"

Really. Can you blame them?

barjohn
10-27-2005, 11:20 AM
The picture (sans face) is still up on Howard's Forum. Maybe AlbertoM is right!

MrH
10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I heard today from one of my RIM contacts that it is 'rumored' that Rogers won't have the 8700r until December, possibly even January due to software config issues or something along those lines....

Can anyone confirm or shed some more light on it...The sooner I can junk this 7290 the better... ;-)

corey@12mile
10-27-2005, 11:28 AM
The picture (sans face) is still up on Howard's Forum. Maybe AlbertoM is right!

No denial here.

Seattle18
10-29-2005, 02:24 PM
It has nothing to do with learning a lesson... It has to do with maintaining a relationship. Nobody can understand why RIM would be upset about the picture I posted, but I would rather err on the side of caution.

And of course there is no official release date except from the carriers... but there are product launch dates. You know... like when they announce a new product...

Do you think they would have an issue with what I posted if it was all wrong, they would laugh... haha this guy is just guessing. When someone constantly posts info that is correct, then they wonder where the info comes from... think about it.

Anyone who was at the Rogers Q4 launch party would have heard from people at the RIM booth why the release date was pushed back from Rogers... not something I made up, nor something that seemed overly priviledged to know.

cd.

C'mon, you should know by now to create an anonymous user id on here and post in there - then respond to that ppost as "Corey" to assist yourself...

Seattle18
10-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Should be far less than $450. right???

http://www.blackberryforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=537

corey@12mile
10-29-2005, 04:50 PM
C'mon, you should know by now to create an anonymous user id on here and post in there - then respond to that ppost as "Corey" to assist yourself...
Well... The way I saw it was that first, they let me take the picture... Along with several others who took pics of it. Second, it was one of the RIM people at the booth who actually took the picture. I figure if a RIM person takes a pic... It is not going to rock the boat... I guess I was wrong.

Oh well, its all history now.

Cd.

AlbertoM
10-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Oh well, its all history now.

Cd.

Or will be, with the imminent release.