PDA

View Full Version : Cingular 8700 - NYC launch on 11/1/05

cschrage
10-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Is anyone going? How do you get this "special" invite?

cschrage
10-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Wow, this event is really covert. :-)
I know there must be some in the area (NYC) who have the golden ticket!

BB Junkie
10-24-2005, 02:53 PM
I can sell you the ticket for 500 dollars ;)

anthonymoody
10-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Since I won't be buying any $500 tickets, may I request that someone please take some good side by side pix with a Treo 650? As many angles/views as possible :)

TIA.
TM

Scooters
10-26-2005, 08:34 AM
anthonymoody.... check your PM

lunchboxfett
10-26-2005, 09:02 AM
I first heard that they would be handing out the new models during the launch but yesterday I heard that they will not handing them out at the launch events. They will be sent to all attendees later. Expected availablity of the new model from Cingular is middle of November.

muskiemania
10-26-2005, 02:31 PM
whats the deal with these events? I live like 45 min from the one in SF. Do you just sign up and attend for free, or are they charging people who sign up? I have half a mind to sign myself up...

cschrage
10-26-2005, 02:34 PM
The 3 launches are invite only. You would need a Cingular or RIM rep to get you on the list.

muskiemania
10-26-2005, 02:43 PM
http://www.eventreg.com/blackberry/chi.html
http://www.eventreg.com/blackberry/sf.html
http://www.eventreg.com/blackberry/nyc.html

really?

cschrage
10-26-2005, 02:51 PM
I believe even if you sign up...your registration needs to be approved.

Boy Genius
10-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Now why would you post that? So you can feel special? Its a god damn launch party for a CELL PHONE, who gives a crap...Thats just sheer stupidity. Plus you still need your INVITE code from the INVITATION smartass.

muskiemania
10-26-2005, 02:58 PM
thanks cschrage. sounds like sizzlerecords is pissed off because he got rejected trying to do the same thing.

crisambo
10-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Dateline Nov. 1, 2005 . . .Online and phone registration are now closed . . . take your chance of getting in at any of the launch parties by registering on-site on day of event. . . . From what I heard, priority codes at on-site registration will still be honored.

Boy Genius
10-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Haha you guys are funny...

BBJunkie
10-27-2005, 01:51 AM
I will agree with the "Who gives a crap" comment made earlier today. Show me the freaking product and keep your crappy invitation!!!!!!!

crisambo
10-27-2005, 05:21 PM
I will agree with the "Who gives a crap" comment made earlier today. Show me the freaking product and keep your crappy invitation!!!!!!!

I thought you had a ticket to sell . . . & for $500!!! If you only had respond to my offer earlier, then you might be receiving your final confirmation tomorrow. . . . which I just received ----:

"Your registration to attend the unveiling of the new BlackBerry 8700c from Cingular Wireless is now confirmed.

The event you are attending is at
Tribute NYC
24 Broadway (at the intersection of Exchange and Beaver Street)
New York, NY

on Tuesday, November 1st, 2005 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Early arrivals have the chance to meet celebrity guest Lance Armstrong.

Parking is available at the following locations:
Battery Park City Garage
70 Greenwich Street

South William Parking Garage
14/26 South William Street (at the intersection of Broad and Beaver Street)

Tribute is also accessible via subway; take 4 or 5 to Bowling Green Stop.

As your evening at Tribute NYC approaches, get yourself ready to discover more ways Cingular and BlackBerry make business run better.

If you have any further questions, or need to make any changes to your registration, please send an email to ????????@<hidden>, or call 866-###-####.
Thank you once again for your registration. We look forward to seeing you November 1st.

SUFan
10-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Got my invite today but probably can't go. I hope this fancy product announcements doesn't jinx their court appeals.

dolo
10-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Someone offered his/her spot for $500 . . . how much you think is it worth to get your hands on the Registration Priority code? I have invite for all 3 roll-outs and each event has different priority codes. . . anyone interested? Take your pick: NYC Nov. 1, CHI Nov. 2, SFO Nov. 3 . . . all are 6-10PM local time . . . My Cingular sales exec buddy has told me that each attendee will walk out with an 8700c. . . so hopefully, I'll have my pretty little fingers wrapped up around one of those babies on Tuesday.

Can someone confirm that they will be giving out 8700 units to each attendee?
Any insight in regards to the number of attendees allotted for each event?

Regards,
dolo

test
10-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Got my invite today but probably can't go. I hope this fancy product announcements doesn't jinx their court appeals.

hey, if you need someone to fill in for you.... pm me.... (y)

ad65
10-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Got my confirmation to the NYC event last night.

jnelson2000
10-28-2005, 08:36 AM
CHI will be sent out today

ad65
10-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Just spoke with rep frm event registration at Rim who confirmed my spot. She stated the 8700C will me mailed to attendees.

tommyboy
10-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Just registered today for the NY one. Any chance I'd get in?

crisambo
10-29-2005, 02:49 AM
Just registered today for the NY one. Any chance I'd get in?

call the tollfree number you received and provided them with your registration confirmation number, they should be able to tell you.... But give them at least 24 hours from the time you registered...

dolo
10-29-2005, 01:35 PM
If in fact they will be giving away a free unit to all attendees, I would have to assume that this gathering would have to be somewhat "invite only" - meaning all attendees should have some sort of relationship wtih Cingular &/or are part of the press.

If they do let anyone in simply by registering, this leads me to believe that no devices would be given away.

Sneakpeaks of the new 8700 @<hidden> the rogers launch party here: www.howardchui.com

regards,
dolo

crisambo
10-30-2005, 04:32 PM
If in fact they will be giving away a free unit to all attendees, I would have to assume that this gathering would have to be somewhat "invite only" - meaning all attendees should have some sort of relationship wtih Cingular &/or are part of the press.

If they do let anyone in simply by registering, this leads me to believe that no devices would be given away.

Sneakpeaks of the new 8700 @<hidden> the rogers launch party here: www.howardchui.com

regards,
dolo

Dolo, your assumption is correct. That's why one needs to input a Registration Priority Code on the second part of the oline registration. This is how event manager is controlling the registration process. And according to my source, each code has it's level in the RSVP hierarchy (i guess that's why it's called a "Priority" code), registrants with lower priority codes will be bumped out of the list when people with higher priority codes register.

As stated earlier, I have priority codes that have been receiving attendance confirmation email with 36-48 hours of registration. If you want to take a chance, PM me

dolo
10-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Hey Cris,

I am registered and called the 800 # to verify my registration. Thanks for the opp though. Other then my confirmation email, should I be expecting anything else?

Regards,
dolo

gregg
10-30-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm not following the train of thought here; will everyone in attendance receive an 8700 or ? We have an extra invite floating around @<hidden> work I can snag. If it will get me a device I'll be there, if not......

crisambo
10-30-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm not following the train of thought here; will everyone in attendance receive an 8700 or ? We have an extra invite floating around @<hidden> work I can snag. If it will get me a device I'll be there, if not......

According to my Cingular rep, each attendee will be given a free 8700c. Whether they will be handed over at the launch or mailed out remains to be confirmed as conflicting posts have recently came up. Nevertheless, the deal is you must be in attendance at the launch to get the device.

jchanaga
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can find an invitation or priority code to complete my registration for the SF unveiling event for the 8700c?

Thanks in advance.

Jaime

PhoneHand
11-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Anybody in california have a invite? I am willing to pay $1000 for it

thanks

redx
11-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Why would you pay $1000 for an invite? You don't get the device at the event and it sounds like best case is we'll get this a week before general availability. Quite honestly, while the NYC event was nice, I stayed 20 minutes, had a vodka tonic, and walked away with a fairly worthless gift bag

richard371
11-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Yea an I can almost gurantee you will have to sign up for service if they give you the free unit.

KonTiki
11-03-2005, 02:03 PM
You know two adages do come to mind with this voucher thing, a) if it sounds to good to be true, it ussualy is, and b) nothing is free in life.

FKI
11-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Well if we took the verbiage on their voucher literally, the only thing we need to do when we get that call is confirm our shipping address. I will do my best to wiggle my way out of ANY obligation for service.

jonkern
11-03-2005, 03:47 PM
:oops: