PDA

View Full Version : Do I need 2 desktop managers for 2 different Blackberries?

samdman
02-25-2009, 03:33 PM
My wife just got the Verizon version of the T-Mo 8320 that I have. Do we need to run two different Desktop Managers to sync these things ?

TotalTech
02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Wirelessly posted (VZW Storm, ATT Bold)

No each bb has a unique pin, are you syncing to the same pim

samdman
02-25-2009, 04:48 PM
I mostly need the DM to move her photos around. I have set up an Outlook account for her 3 times but she never uses it. For some reason with the BB she gets the idea of organizing contacts. Anyway, we would use two separate O. Since the phones have different PINs I would just point the sync to her Outlook account?

TotalTech
02-25-2009, 05:44 PM
I mostly need the DM to move her photos around. I have set up an Outlook account for her 3 times but she never uses it. For some reason with the BB she gets the idea of organizing contacts. Anyway, we would use two separate O. Since the phones have different PINs I would just point the sync to her Outlook account?

in a sense yes but you have to control that with your windows profiles

SteveO86
02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
The desktop manager will notice the 2 different blackberries/pins and all settings will be seperate. You should be fine.

samdman
02-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks

TXLady
02-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Yes, I use actually use two computers (work and personal) and two blackberries (work and personal) on each of them to keep everything synced.

My work blackberry actually syncs via BES so I only sync it to my personal computer occasionally. But I have done it.

Normally, I use my personal blackberry and do three syncs to get everything on all synced.
- I sync calendar, address book, tasks, and memos between personal BB and personal computer
- I sync calendar and address book between personal BB and work computer
- I sync calendar and address book once more between personal BB and personal computer

At the end of this (one BES updates the work BB after the sync) both BBs and both computers have the same calendar and address book and my memos and tasks (which I use for personal use only) are synced on both personal devices.

Oh, I also sync my Mom's BB 8220 to my personal computer just to back up her address book. I have a separate contacts list in Outlook for "Mom's contacts" that I sync it to.