PDA

View Full Version : Unregistering BIS

Meecht
02-25-2009, 09:23 PM
I bought a BB 8320 Titanium off a guy here on BBForums (won't name names, for privacy) that had the phone for about a week with T-Mobile before canceling his account. He had a data plan during that week, but does not recall registering it on T-Mobile's BIS.

Being on AT&T, I have already unlocked the phone and went to register it on AT&T's BIS website. When I do this, I get an error message saying that the BB is already registered with a different service provider. Well, frell....

I call T-Mobile and ask them to release the phone. They tell me that when the guy canceled his account, it closed his BIS account, too, and that maybe AT&T can help me. So I chat with AT&T and they tell me that they cannot access another carrier's information (they did try, though) and that T-Mobile should know that.

I call T-Mobile to see if they can at least tell if the PIN and IMEI are still registered with them, but they can't do that without pulling up an active T-Mobile account. And they can't pull up the original account because, dun dun dunnnn....it's canceled!

Any ideas?

P.S. I forgot to mention that I have not (yet) setup a BB data plan for the phone.

Dubdub
02-25-2009, 09:57 PM
So you do not have a BB data plan yet? You cannot register on BIS without a BB data plan. Have ATT provision a BB data plan, send the service books and activate your BIS.

Then try to register the PIN and IMEI. If you still get the PIN in use message, have the seller cal T-Mo and cancel their BIS account and see what is going on.

HalconNocturno
02-25-2009, 10:07 PM
first you need a data plan and you can use this instruction to relase the pin...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/178025-how-release-pin-imei-use-another-carrier.html#top

Meecht
02-25-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't have another blackberry.

Meecht
02-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I signed up for a data plan today, and confirmed that it works.

When I try to register the Host Routing Table, I get a message saying that the request was sent, but nothing happens. I have tried a battery pull with no luck.

Edit: Ok, so I contacted AT&T support again to ask them to resend the service books, and I didn't mention how it was unlocked and possibly on t-mobile, blah blah blah. This time they asked for my PIN and IMEI, and found that MY acct that was causing the problem due to my old data plan. After they removed the info and put in the new stuff, I was able to get the service books and whatnot. Now I just need to install AT&T's software update so I can rid myself of the few stray T-Mobile icons...

braambo
02-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Good!!! (y) I am glad you are enjoying my phone! :smile: now that I don't have it anymore, I really miss it, but I will find another phone to tinker around with, probably a Nokia since I know their systems better.

Meecht do you have any other phones that you might wanna sell? Nokia, Motorola or what not?

John Clark
02-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I signed up for a data plan today, and confirmed that it works.

When I try to register the Host Routing Table, I get a message saying that the request was sent, but nothing happens. I have tried a battery pull with no luck.

Edit: Ok, so I contacted AT&T support again to ask them to resend the service books, and I didn't mention how it was unlocked and possibly on t-mobile, blah blah blah. This time they asked for my PIN and IMEI, and found that MY acct that was causing the problem due to my old data plan. After they removed the info and put in the new stuff, I was able to get the service books and whatnot. Now I just need to install AT&T's software update so I can rid myself of the few stray T-Mobile icons...

Installing ATT's software won't rid you of the few stray TMobile icons as unlocking and using an ATT sim card doesn't change the brand of the device. The OS will still load to the device as TMobile has spec'd it to. Most likely the icons are just service books. Go in and delete the service books for those icons. ATT will likely push their own and you'll have more than TMobile!