PDA

View Full Version : BB Noob Email Question

jmondy
02-26-2009, 01:28 AM
I want to setup my personal email so that I can access it on my phone. I am currently using Outlook 2007 and POP3 emails. Can I do this without running the redirector and without picking up the BES service from Sprint?

If I must pick up the BES service, can I utilize the service on POP mail from my ISP?

daphne
02-26-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi and welcome. Yes, you can get your email on the BlackBerry without BES or redirector. You need to set it up using your carrier's BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) link. You can also set it up from your BlackBerry, but personally I think it's better to set it up online.

See this FAQ:

How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_add_/_delete_email_addresses)

jmondy
02-26-2009, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=daphne;1299821]Hi and welcome. Yes, you can get your email on the BlackBerry without BES or redirector. You need to set it up using your carrier's BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) link. You can also set it up from your BlackBerry, but personally I think it's better to set it up online.

Thanks! I can now recieve email through my BB without the redirector; however, I cannot send without it. I sent a test message and nothing happened for ~30 minutes. As soon as I opened the redirector, off it went. Any ideas?

daphne
02-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Is your BlackBerry owned by your employer and on their BES?