PDA

View Full Version : How to setup questions for my bbcurve8320?

freya
02-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Hello,

Can someone on this forum tell me step by step, how to prevent my emails from showing up in my Messages folder (which is where all my text messages go) I ONLY want my emails to show up in the email addresses it is/was directed to go to.

How do I get two of my other email accounts to show up on the home page of my blackberry? The only one I see on my home page (in the dock area/bottom portion of the screen) is my work one and I'd like to see the other 2 email accounts I set up on my blackberry.

Do I need to download a newer version software to do the above? I currently have the v.4.5.0.81 platform 2.7.0.78

Everytime I want to delete an email, how can I prevent/turn this mode off-- the window that comes/pops up asking me if I'd like to delete the message on both my bb and actual email account or just on my bb?

Lastly, how do I turn off the delivery confirmation setting (I seem to receive an extra email telling me what I have done when I send an email out, for example, back to one of my email accounts. I'd like to turn this off.

Look forward to hearing you. Thanks for all your help!

Freya

jsconyers
02-26-2009, 04:06 PM
1) You can't, the messages folder acts as a catch all. All email, from every account, will show there. You can separate your SMS messages into a new icon. Messages > Options > General Options > Email & SMS = Separate.

2) http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_resend_my_service_books%3F

3) If your current OS is working fine for you, you don't need to upgrade. As I stated before, that's how the device is designed.

4) Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation > Delete on = ?? (Prompt will give the dialog box. Pick Handheld or Mailbox and handheld not to show the box)

5) Messages > Options > Email Settings > Change the Message Services to the email account you want to edit > Confirm Delivery = No.

And lastly, welcome to the forums (y)

freya
02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Thank YOU! for your suggestions. I really do appreciate it! Although, by accident I turned my series of questions into a "poll" of sorts. Do you happen to know how I change or prevent my future posts from including a poll? All I wanted to do was to post a simple post of questions I had in setting my bb for work useage. Thanks.

jsconyers
02-26-2009, 04:18 PM
When posting, make sure you don't have the poll box checked.