PDA

View Full Version : Forget username

tron17
02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
hey guys, my e-mail is hooped right now, i thought i would try and save battery by turning 3G off for a bit, i tunred it back on later than day and have not received an e-mail since and also have not takin it out of service at all. Anyways, i was thinking i would delete the e-mail from my blackberry then just re set it up, but i forgot what my usename and password are! i think i was to excited to get the blackberry and set it all up that i didnt even think to write it down, honestly i dont even remember being asked for a username or anything of any sort, i have been trying to use my e-mail adress to get in but i then got told that is not my password.
Anyways,, is there anyway to get my username reset or find out what i actually made it so i can adjust my e-mail?
thanks guys

CO_BBTechie
02-26-2009, 04:53 PM
If you set your mail up from the device, you may not have created a username. In that case, you will not be able to do anything from the BIS portal on the web, but rather only from the device. You should be able to go through the email wizard on the device again and create a username from there.

As for your initial problem, I'd try a battery pull first, before you try anything more drastic.

tron17
02-26-2009, 05:01 PM
I just tried the battery pull and now everything is wacked...all the icons are gone, or in different positions, i cannot make a call, i cannot get to my sms messages...did i maybe bump the sim card?

back to the original question though, once i get this new problem fixed then i go to my set up wizard and do what in the email settings? when i go to the e-mail set up all it does is ask me to log in or else create a new account and if i try to create a new one it says i already have an account existing...

1baker2g
03-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Going through the same thing right now.

rachel308
03-03-2009, 01:51 AM
Is there an option on your BIS site to reset it? I know there is one for my carrier...

If you haven't looked yet, go here and search for your carrier at the bottom of the page:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone and Email Setup (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/setup.jsp#tab_tab_email)