PDA

View Full Version : Help - Problem with folders and filing

Claire
10-25-2005, 07:03 AM
Hi there! I am a bit of a BB novice so hope that what I am saying will make sense. I have a 7100t on an Enterprise Server. I have Outlook company email and an Instant Email forwarded directly to the BB. However, although I can view all folders (both Outlook and Instant Email) I can only file into the Instant Email folders - the Outlook folders do not show for filing. Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks
Claire

mas90guru
10-25-2005, 07:37 AM
This is an issue that I've had before - it occurred after sending a service book for the BWC to my Blackberry. I believe I "fixed" it by deleting the BWC service book and rebooting the BB.

I am not sure if this issue has been fixed in newer OS releases, however I remember a few people reporting it. Suddenly their File Folders disappeared after sending a BWC service book.

Claire
10-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Aha - so I am not alone! I have looked at my service books though and can't see anything called BWC. Could it be called something else?

CL

John Clark
10-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Aha - so I am not alone! I have looked at my service books though and can't see anything called BWC. Could it be called something else?

CL

"Web Client"

Claire
10-26-2005, 03:41 AM
Well I don't have a service book called anything like that - very strange! Incidentally, all the Outlook incoming emails show they are filed in a folder called 'Trash' which is a sub-folder of the Instant Email inbox. However, when you select this 'Trash' folder it is empty. Surely the Outlook incoming mails should show that they are in the Outlook 'In Box'. It gets more confusing by the minute :-(

Zro
10-26-2005, 11:38 AM
First thing I'd suggest is to update to the 4.0.2 handheld code that is available from T-Mobile.

The only downside to deleting the Web Client [CMIME] service book is that you will still be able to receive email from your personal email accounts, you will no longer be able to send from them. Whenever you send an email it will go through your corporate email.

Zro