PDA

View Full Version : Source For 7100i Holster with Swivel Clip

Pages : [1] 2

mas90guru
10-25-2005, 07:57 AM
Anyone have a source for a 7100i holster with a swivel clip?

I have no idea what RIM was thinking with the case that ships with the 7100i. Don't they test them? Mine is nearly impossible to clip onto all but the thinnest belt.

martin_j001
10-25-2005, 08:49 AM
The stock case sucks. Nextel is actually selling a leather version with a swivel belt clip, or so the description claims....
http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/OSBrowseAccessoriesDetail?PHONE_ID=RIM7100I&categoryRefName=Carry+Solutions&selectedAccessoryID=RAC5530

Quake97
10-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Remember, with any case/holster you get, that it's made for Blackberrys. That way it'll have the little magnet it in to shutoff the screen and set the profile to vibrate.

Joe

ilguy
10-25-2005, 10:24 AM
The RAC5530 DOES NOT have a swivel belt clip - despite what the Nextel web site says. I ordered two when I got my 7100i's and can confirm it has the same style clip as the the nylon case that came with the unit.

martin_j001
10-25-2005, 10:40 AM
^^That sucks, and its even worse that Nextel advertises it that way....its what I was affraid of though....

DizzyV6P
10-25-2005, 12:34 PM
T-Mobile sells a leather case w/ a clear plastic cover for their 7100t. I looks like it also has a swivel clip. You might want to check them out to see if it will fit the 7100i. There's two holes up top so the antenna of the 7100i should fit.

If someone w/ a 7100i could check the T-Mobile case out and report back to us, that would be great! I don't have my 7100i yet :(

Dizzy

John Clark
10-25-2005, 12:55 PM
I really like this one...Looks nice, has the magnet, protects well, and has a swivel clip. It's for the 7100t but I'm guessing it will fit the 7100i. I use it with a 7100t with an extended battery even, and it fits nicely.

http://stores.ebay.com/Momosworld_Sheepskin-Cases-Pouches_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

smooth703
10-25-2005, 02:44 PM
i actually went to a tmobile store and the only one that had is the leather case which does not have a swivel clip...

siralston
10-25-2005, 03:21 PM
the tmobile one has a magnet where and why would it?

John Clark
10-25-2005, 05:33 PM
the tmobile one has a magnet where and why would it?

The magnet puts the handheld to "sleep" when in the holster to conserve battery life. Basically it turns the screen off. It also, is what tells the BB that it is "in holster" for your in holster vs. out of holster profile settings.

John Clark
10-25-2005, 05:36 PM
i actually went to a tmobile store and the only one that had is the leather case which does not have a swivel clip...

Maybe it's a new one. The one I saw at the tmobile store today was the leather one with a plastic screen and keypad protector and had the round tab on the back of it that snaps into the separate plastic belt clip. I had that one for a while with my 7100t. I finally cut off the round tab and used just the leather case with the oem case for a while. The plastic belt clip makes it stick out too far and I was always catching it on stuff.

siralston
10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
so the lather one has the magnet in it to do that

blistered thumbs
10-25-2005, 11:52 PM
try www.blackberrystuff.com

DoThaDamThang
10-26-2005, 12:49 AM
I have some holsters for sale on ebay... great fit for the 7100i. But not swivel

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5823361368&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

HDClown
10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
I really like this one...Looks nice, has the magnet, protects well, and has a swivel clip. It's for the 7100t but I'm guessing it will fit the 7100i. I use it with a 7100t with an extended battery even, and it fits nicely.

http://stores.ebay.com/Momosworld_Sheepskin-Cases-Pouches_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

That link does not go directly to a case, and I can't find a 7100 case with a swivel clip on the page. Can you direct link to the item?

Mr Pink57
10-31-2005, 08:54 PM
I looked at the fratte one? The one being advertised in the hardware section, will probably go with the vertical case with the magnetic strap. Also found a site that offers a plastic clip for the 7100i, I ordered 2 of them and am awaiting arrival. Will let you guys know if they are any good.

pink

HDClown
10-31-2005, 09:12 PM
I looked at the fratte one? The one being advertised in the hardware section, will probably go with the vertical case with the magnetic strap. Also found a site that offers a plastic clip for the 7100i, I ordered 2 of them and am awaiting arrival. Will let you guys know if they are any good.

pink

Can you provide a link to the site with the clip? I'd like to take a look at it and possibly order one.

Hopefully someone puts out the same nylon or leather case that Nextel sells, but iwth the standard rotating plastic clip off any other Nextel phone. I really like the holster style (WITHOUT FLAP!!), but a rotating clip is really a must!

sanscritt
10-31-2005, 09:33 PM
I purchased the leather holster from Nextel's site because they say it's a swivel, but it's not.

Below is my first response from Nextel about this.

Dear Mr. Gerald Clouse,

Thank you for contacting Sprint Together with Nextel Telesales/Websales E-Order Support Desk. If you incorrectly slipped the Blackberry the accessory will not swivel, we suggest that you visit a store and request for assistance. We have a 14 day return for accessory purchased, if you are not satisfied with the received accessory you can call Order Support at 1866-789-8292 and request for a return label.

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Grace Calapini
Sprint Together with Nextel

Please include previous e-mails when replying to this message.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:22 PM
To: Websales
Subject: Web Sales Contact Form

inquiry: wrong_accessory
Comments: The description on the website said it was a swivel holster, but the one I received is not. I was on the phone for almost an hour, but got put on hold and left there. Part number online was RAC-5530 and the part number on the box is the same, but it doesn't swivel. This is for a 7100i. I am not happy about the misleading description or about being on hold for so long with no resolution.
ContactNumber:
LastName: Clouse
OrderNumber:
FirstName: Gerald
FromEmail: gclouse@<hidden>

I questioned what they meant by "slipped" and the response was "if I slipped the Blackberry into the case wrong it wouldn't swivel. There's only one way it goes in. It does not swivel.
Jerry

sanscritt
10-31-2005, 09:37 PM
I questioned Sena about the likelyhood of having a case for the 7100i. I had one for my Ipaq 4350 and loved it. www.senacases.com. No I don't work for them, but I had one and liked it. They offer the swivel clip and they are quality cases.

Here is their reply.

Thank you for your interest in Sena Cases. The blackberry 7100i case is in the design phase and will be offered on a introductory promotion in November 2005. I shall send you an e-mail when the introduction is about to occur. Look forward to serving you soon!

Rhonda Doncaster

Customer Relations Division

Sena Cases

"Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and
enthusiastically act upon...must inevitably come to pass!"
-Paul J. Meyer

Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 11:47 AM
To: support@<hidden>
Subject: Blackberry Cases

Will the Blackberry 7100g case work with a 7100i? Will you be providing cases for the new 7100i? thanks, Jerry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for visiting our website.

SENACASES
www.senacases.com

John Clark
11-01-2005, 01:42 AM
That link does not go directly to a case, and I can't find a 7100 case with a swivel clip on the page. Can you direct link to the item?

This item may expire before you get to it but check out that link to the ebay store for this seller and ebay...there were more but I bought 5 of them today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-7100t-SHEEPSKIN-LEATHER-POUCH-w-CLIP-New_W0QQitemZ5823595722QQcategoryZ48673QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

MozMan68
11-01-2005, 09:27 AM
That does look like a nice case (and looks like it will work for any 7100), but the clip looks just like the one on the BlackBerry OEM versions.

My standard fabric one was wearing out at the clip location from trying to consistently "clip" to my pants (usually just the belt as it wouldn't go over both...meaning I could never feel it vibrate against my hip).

I replaced it with the OEM leather holster about a month ago...it is already wearing out.

Now, it should be noted that I actually do NOT wear my BlackBerry very much...it sits on my desk most of the day (thanks again for no desktop holder, RIM). and I shove it under my leg while I'm driving so I can feel it vibrate (I listen to my stereo way too loud).

RIM can talk all they want about designing the 7100 for more non-business users, but that is simply not what is going to happen in the real world.....

Sincerely yours,

Someone who can't wait for the 8700c to come out so I can go back to the good old days of a BlackBerry with a kick ass plastic swivel holster that vibrates well and all the features of a 7100 with a full keyboard.

goblue1969
11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
This item may expire before you get to it but check out that link to the ebay store for this seller and ebay...there were more but I bought 5 of them today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-7100t-SHEEPSKIN-LEATHER-POUCH-w-CLIP-New_W0QQitemZ5823595722QQcategoryZ48673QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I own this case. Awesome. It DOES swivel.

HDClown
11-01-2005, 10:50 AM

Ok, that's the one I thoughtit might be, and it uses a flap to cover the device, and I'm not willing to sacrifice having to use a flap for a rotating clip. It would just annoy me way too much.

MozMan68
11-01-2005, 11:07 AM

Okay...I'll take your word on the swivel....but the clip looks exactly the same as the standard OEM BlackBerry 7100 cases which STILL do not clip on as well as the old plastic holsters.

skj8100
11-01-2005, 02:43 PM
stay away from the plastic swivel holsters on ebay listed to be compatible with all 7100 series. i bought one and the 7100i is NOT compatible. neither are the batteries. the voltage is different

AceMecca
11-09-2005, 08:38 PM
I purchased the leather holster from Nextel's site because they say it's a swivel, but it's not.

Below is my first response from Nextel about this.

Dear Mr. Gerald Clouse,

Thank you for contacting Sprint Together with Nextel Telesales/Websales E-Order Support Desk. If you incorrectly slipped the Blackberry the accessory will not swivel, we suggest that you visit a store and request for assistance. We have a 14 day return for accessory purchased, if you are not satisfied with the received accessory you can call Order Support at 1866-789-8292 and request for a return label.

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Grace Calapini
Sprint Together with Nextel

Please include previous e-mails when replying to this message.

Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:22 PM
To: Websales
Subject: Web Sales Contact Form

inquiry: wrong_accessory
Comments: The description on the website said it was a swivel holster, but the one I received is not. I was on the phone for almost an hour, but got put on hold and left there. Part number online was RAC-5530 and the part number on the box is the same, but it doesn't swivel. This is for a 7100i. I am not happy about the misleading description or about being on hold for so long with no resolution.
ContactNumber:
LastName: Clouse
OrderNumber:
FirstName: Gerald
FromEmail: gclouse@<hidden>

I questioned what they meant by "slipped" and the response was "if I slipped the Blackberry into the case wrong it wouldn't swivel. There's only one way it goes in. It does not swivel.
Jerry

I am still pissed....I wish I saw this post earlier...is the one on Ebay able to fit with the 7100i as well?

-Mecca

AceMecca
11-09-2005, 09:09 PM

Do you have the 7100i?

europamo
11-09-2005, 09:13 PM
I have some holsters for sale on ebay... great fit for the 7100i. But not swivel

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5823361368&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I have this exact one, I like it very much. I have the 7100i

fliedlice
11-11-2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.cellexcompany.com/pda/BLACKBERRY/7100_pouch1.jpg

how does that clip swivel?

I think ill wait on the "sena" case....they look sweet and ive been looking for an exscuse to get rid of carrying a wallet

GlockBerry
11-11-2005, 01:28 AM
I have this case off of eBay. Just got it in the mail today and so far I love it! The 7100i fits into it perfectly. With the screen facing away from the body or towards the body, the magnet puts the unit to sleep either way.

The clip does swivel, although it is only 180 degrees of swivel.....not a full 360. But that shouldn't be an issue for me. How often do I want to carry it upside down anyway?!? By the way, the swivel mechanism is inside the leather. You can't tell by looking at it that it indeed does swivel. This also makes the case much slimmer than most.

And the magnetic flap is a nice feature. I often carry my glock....ummm blackberry while on my motorcycle and the flap is a nice feature while I am speeding into the wind. I can highly recommend this case.....even at the $21.00 price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-7100-7100t-7100r-7100g-7100i-Leather-Case_W0QQitemZ5827387671QQcategoryZ15035QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mr Pink57
11-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Can you provide a link to the site with the clip? I'd like to take a look at it and possibly order one.

Hopefully someone puts out the same nylon or leather case that Nextel sells, but iwth the standard rotating plastic clip off any other Nextel phone. I really like the holster style (WITHOUT FLAP!!), but a rotating clip is really a must!

Sorry I didnt look at the thread for a while!

http://www.fortte.com/scr/details-92/Blackberry%207100g%20Vertical%20Pouch%20PDA%20Case.html

Here is the case I use now (got it 2 days ago), works great it is a little tight though right now mainly due to my eGrip on the battery door. It is a swivel clip but it does not lock into place, it just rotates around its nice though.

pink

Bluepill
11-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I got mine today and - no swivel as advertised!

I wonder if body glove is coming out with one?

mas90guru
11-11-2005, 01:36 PM
I have this case off of eBay. Just got it in the mail today and so far I love it! The 7100i fits into it perfectly. With the screen facing away from the body or towards the body, the magnet puts the unit to sleep either way.

The clip does swivel, although it is only 180 degrees of swivel.....not a full 360. But that shouldn't be an issue for me. How often do I want to carry it upside down anyway?!? By the way, the swivel mechanism is inside the leather. You can't tell by looking at it that it indeed does swivel. This also makes the case much slimmer than most.

And the magnetic flap is a nice feature. I often carry my glock....ummm blackberry while on my motorcycle and the flap is a nice feature while I am speeding into the wind. I can highly recommend this case.....even at the $21.00 price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-7100-7100t-7100r-7100g-7100i-Leather-Case_W0QQitemZ5827387671QQcategoryZ15035QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How hard is the clip to get on the belt? I might live with the BB stock holster for the 7100i except it is so damn hard to slide onto a belt.

Bluepill
11-11-2005, 01:36 PM
try www.blackberrystuff.com

The one with the clip says - Does Not have Sleeper Function

MozMan68
11-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Sorry I didnt look at the thread for a while!

http://www.fortte.com/scr/details-92/Blackberry%207100g%20Vertical%20Pouch%20PDA%20Case.html

Here is the case I use now (got it 2 days ago), works great it is a little tight though right now mainly due to my eGrip on the battery door. It is a swivel clip but it does not lock into place, it just rotates around its nice though.

pink

I'm glad you said that...I want the locking swivel, not just a loosey-goosey swivel. Used to love to turn my BB sideways to make it unobtrusive.

Mr Pink57
11-11-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm glad you said that...I want the locking swivel, not just a loosey-goosey swivel. Used to love to turn my BB sideways to make it unobtrusive.

It takes a little getting used to, but it does move around unlike the one that comes with the BB, so its not pressed extermely tight against you. Actually I couldnt even use the OEM due to it not even going on to my belt cause the clip was too tight.

pink

GlockBerry
11-11-2005, 08:19 PM
How hard is the clip to get on the belt? I might live with the BB stock holster for the 7100i except it is so damn hard to slide onto a belt.

It isn't nearly as tight as the OEM case from Blackberry. Of course, my mother in law's heart isn't as tight as that darn blackberry case clip!

The plastic case from my 7510 was the easiest because I could pinch it at the top of the clip to open it up. This case doesn't have that feature. But it does slip on to my belt with relative ease. And I have a pretty thick belt becuase I carry.......ummm....another accessory besides my blackberry on a daily basis. I have no problem attaching this case to my belt. Or, for that matter, removing the BB easily when it rings. Reholstering will take some practice since the case tends to close itself so I have to reach down, open it back up and then slide the blackberry home.

For the person who asked if the swivel locks in place, yes it does. I often wear it locked at horizontal.

go2duke
11-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Man... Why is it that they create this great new form factor and it's been out for over a year and seems that nobody has made a good replacement for the plastic OEM holster on the old styles that I have come to enjoy the ease and simplicity of use.. "clip it on.. turn it.. don't turn it.. slide it around on your belt between loops..."

Ah the good ole days.

G2D

bookbinder
11-18-2005, 12:42 PM
The holster provided with the 7100i is a piece of caca. Has anyone found an adequate 7100i holster with swivel clip? Is my best bet the link above to the fortte case designed for the 7100g? Here is my response from Sena on why they don't have a 7100i case yet --

Dear [Bookbinder],

Plans previously made to release this case have been pushed back due to licensing agreements with the device maker. I will keep your name on our list of interested customers that I will send an e-mail when the case is announced for PRE Order.

Regards,
Customer Relations Division
Sena Cases

splacko
11-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I saw a couple on eBay that had a swivel clip and a magnet...but I think it's the holster for the Treo. I haven't had a chance to order one, but it looks like a good investment. And I agree...the case that comes with the BB is a piece of trash...like T.O.'s agent.

GlockBerry
11-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I've had a case from eBay for a couple of weeks now and love it. It swivels, it has a retention flap, it has a magnet which puts the BB to sleep. It even has what seems to be a pretty decent, soft leather. All in all I am very happy with the case. Of course, carying the 7100i up my left nostril would have been an improvement on the pathetic case which originally came with the unit!

The seller on eBay is uniquemobile2 (and no, I'm not him trying to drum up business). Search for items by this seller, or just do a search for Blackberry 7100i case and look for uniquemobile2. Good stuff.

go2duke
11-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for a rigid plastic holster just like the 7510/20... So used to that...

-G2D

COMCAST007
11-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I've had a case from eBay for a couple of weeks now and love it. It swivels, it has a retention flap, it has a magnet which puts the BB to sleep. It even has what seems to be a pretty decent, soft leather. All in all I am very happy with the case. Of course, carying the 7100i up my left nostril would have been an improvement on the pathetic case which originally came with the unit!

The seller on eBay is uniquemobile2 (and no, I'm not him trying to drum up business). Search for items by this seller, or just do a search for Blackberry 7100i case and look for uniquemobile2. Good stuff.

Thank You Very much for the information.....

sanscritt
11-21-2005, 08:51 PM

Well I've been looking for awhile. I even bought that piece of crap from Nextel that was supposed to swivel and didn't. After reading your review, Glockberry, I went looking and bought the same case. Let me tell you it is awesome.
Thank you very much for your input. It is perfect for the 7100i. Nice fit, good looks, swivel and the flap is not a hindrance like I thought it would be.
I recommend this highly for anybody that wants an awesome case. I even got our IT guy to buy some for some of the guys at work.
Thanks again, Glockberry.

Jerry

GoblueNextel
11-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for a rigid plastic holster just like the 7510/20... So used to that...

-G2D

I am coming from a 860 and I love the plastic swivel. A few weeks ago I saw three different versions for the 7100i (standard, premium and rugged premium) on gyvergear but they said sold out for all three. I checked back last Tuesday (11/15) and they were gone off the web page. I emailed them asking when/if they would have more. On the same day they responded saying they would have an updated holster in 2 weeks. No the site has one back online with a sold out status.

I so want a plastic holster but I am afraid if its not OEM it might suck.

GOBLUE

gr8wing
11-25-2005, 05:55 PM
I e-mailed A.W. Enterprises last week about their wedge clip. They told me they are working on it and it should be out in the first part of December. For those not familiar, A.W. has that 3/4 circle with a flat spot on the back of the case and it just snaps into the clip from any angle. Turn the phone upside down to slide it out. It is what I have used for a long time and I have been waiting for a case for the 7100I before I ordered the new phone. I just ordered new phones for my wife and I today. Woohoo.

GoblueNextel
11-25-2005, 05:58 PM
I e-mailed A.W. Enterprises last week about their wedge clip. They told me they are working on it and it should be out in the first part of December. For those not familiar, A.W. has that 3/4 circle with a flat spot on the back of the case and it just snaps into the clip from any angle. Turn the phone upside down to slide it out. It is what I have used for a long time and I have been waiting for a case for the 7100I before I ordered the new phone. I just ordered new phones for my wife and I today. Woohoo.

What is A.W.? In any case this is great news. I talked to my REP today and she said there has been some ramblings about this among up level management and as soon as she gets official word she will let me know.

The OEM CASE is my ONLY complaint about this phone.

Toddboy71
11-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Glock and Sanscritt,
How is the clip portion of the holster? I wear thicker belts, and want to make sure it will fit over it. Is it like the OEM of the 7520 where it clips over, or like the OEM of the 7100i where is slides over the belt?
Thanks for any help you can give!

sanscritt
11-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Toddboy71; I wear a thicker belt to support my, um, accessories and I have no problem. Like any clip it opens fairly far and is very supportive as far as keeping the case from sliding. It is alot easier to get on and off that the original, but also holds the phone in place.

thanks,
Jerry

jdisauwg
11-25-2005, 08:58 PM
i got mine off of ebay from uniquemobile2, it swivels and is pretty cool

kdog126
11-26-2005, 12:29 AM
I ordered the same case. I will test it on Monday (had it delivered to my office while on vacation for the holiday)

GlockBerry
11-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Toddboy;

Just like Sanscritt, I too wear.....ummm.....other accessories which dictate that I use a thicker belt for support. The holster.....I mean the case I got works just fine with any belt I own. Check out my previous posts in this thread. The clip isn't nearly as tight on this case as it is on the OEM. I can get it on and off fine without any problem. I must say, however, that I really liked the plastic clip on my old 7520 case. It allowed me to pinch the top of the clip to open it up for easier access to my belt. This case doesn't have that feature, but it isn't a problem. It goes right on to my thicker belt with no problem. It is easier, however, to do this with the phone in the case as opposed to an empty case. Hope this helps.

Toddboy71
11-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks Glock and Scanscritt!!! I appreciate your help! Although I am not apparently in the same profession as you, I should change my name to H&K USP45BERRY =)

Toddboy71
11-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I should have ordered the dang holster without worrying about it. Stupid thing just fell out of the absolutely CRAPPY OEM holster, and cracked the lens over the LCD..... I swear!!!! As much as I love this BB, I am infuriated with this stupid holster. I would think they would want to put these things in the best holsters, but apparently RIM is more concerned about their NTP lawsuit.......Not sure what the heck I am going to do, but the thought of shelling out decent coin to be fixed chaps me pretty well.....

sanscritt
11-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Toddboy71: Sorry to hear about your phone. I was concerned about the same thing, that or the whole case coming off because i keep turning mine at an angle the way I used to carry the 7520.

If you get it fixed, get the case. It works really well.

Thanks,
Jerry

Toddboy71
11-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks Sanscritt,
I have to get this fixed. We all know how our lives get tied to this thing. Its just the principle of it all. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

bookbinder
11-29-2005, 09:45 AM
I just received the swivel holster recommended by GlockBerry and sanscrit-- the one sold by uniquemobile2 on ebay -- it is good except that the magnetic flip-over strap does not deactivate/sleep the device. Admittedly this is a minor problem, and one that I can live with given the alternative (the sad excuse for a holster provided with the 7100i). The magnet appears to deactivate the device momentarily as I insert the device into the holster, but when it's in the holster and I peel back the casing, I see that the device is still on.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Lambskin Leather Blackberry 7100 Pouch sold on ebay? Or is mine just a defect?

MGO
11-29-2005, 10:22 AM
I thought that this was a problem initially but then as it wore in (48 hours) the thing worked fine. My problem with this case is the clip. The leather covering is wearing off because the leather slides over the metal clip and it is just wearing through. I have written this to the manufacturer. But this is still the best case available.

rcg
11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
THERE IS A RIM SWIVEL CASE COMING

I have a photo of the new 7130 Swivel case... looks like the optional leather case with the ratcheting swivel we all love... No eta but I'm working on that. Stay tuned.

GoblueNextel
11-29-2005, 11:39 AM

I have a photo of the new 7130 Swivel case... looks like the optional leather case with the ratcheting swivel we all love... No eta but I'm working on that. Stay tuned.

For the RIM Swivel is it the 7520 Plastic type or like the 7130 you are descibing?

Any pics of the Leather 7130?

whsbuss
11-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Yes, please post the picture of the new 7130 leather case. I will be getting my 7130 o THursday and will immediately want to purchase a nice, soft leather case.

GlockBerry
11-29-2005, 11:55 PM
I just received the swivel holster recommended by GlockBerry and sanscrit-- the one sold by uniquemobile2 on ebay -- it is good except that the magnetic flip-over strap does not deactivate/sleep the device. Admittedly this is a minor problem, and one that I can live with given the alternative (the sad excuse for a holster provided with the 7100i). The magnet appears to deactivate the device momentarily as I insert the device into the holster, but when it's in the holster and I peel back the casing, I see that the device is still on.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Lambskin Leather Blackberry 7100 Pouch sold on ebay? Or is mine just a defect?

I don't have this problem on my case. It shuts off fine. The magnet on the flap isn't what sleeps the device. There should be another magnet sewn in towards the bottom of the case which puts the 7100i to sleep. I can feel it below the swivel clip if I feel around a bit (especially from the inside of the case). Check your case to see if it is in there.

As far as the clip coming through the leather, mine hasn't done that yet. But I can see where it may be possible since the leather is very soft. I'll have to wait and see on that one.

sanscritt
11-30-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't have this problem on my case. It shuts off fine. The magnet on the flap isn't what sleeps the device. There should be another magnet sewn in towards the bottom of the case which puts the 7100i to sleep. I can feel it below the swivel clip if I feel around a bit (especially from the inside of the case). Check your case to see if it is in there.

As far as the clip coming through the leather, mine hasn't done that yet. But I can see where it may be possible since the leather is very soft. I'll have to wait and see on that one.

I don't have this problem either. Mine shuts off when I slip it in the case and it stays off. I have been waiting for the leather to wear off the clip, but it hasn't yet.

My only concern with the plastic holster would be potential wear on the device. The sides of my old 7520 wear being worn by the constant in and out of the holster. Not sure I want the same thing for this one.

Thanks,
Jerry

whsbuss
12-05-2005, 02:08 PM

Shopblackberry.com has this available 12/11/05. I ordered the OEM leather clip. Didn't like it and called them to return for the swivel case. They told me to keep the leather clip and refunded my money!! So I got a free case.

As soon as the swivel case is available I will order one.

sanscritt
12-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Shopblackberry.com has this available 12/11/05. I ordered the OEM leather clip. Didn't like it and called them to return for the swivel case. They told me to keep the leather clip and refunded my money!! So I got a free case.

As soon as the swivel case is available I will order one.

Okay, I have to vent now. As long as the 7100 has been out why isn't something like this available for the 7100i? It is absolutely ridiculous that this holsters isn't available for the 7100i.

Sorry just had to vent.
Jerry

GoblueNextel
12-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Okay, I have to vent now. As long as the 7100 has been out why isn't something like this available for the 7100i? It is absolutely ridiculous that this holsters isn't available for the 7100i.

Sorry just had to vent.
Jerry

I could not AGREE more!!!!!

whsbuss
12-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Hard to believe..... I completely agree. I ordered the leather clip from shopblackberry on Friday. Get it today... didn't like it. Called them to exchange for the swivel model (out of stock) and they refunded my money and told me to keep the case! How nice is that?

Toddboy71
12-17-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm at the point where I'm tempted not to wear this dang thing on my belt anymore and carry it in my coat pocket. I am tired of having to check my belt to make sure it's there everytime I get up. Come on RIM, we need a leather pouch 7100i holster with the racheting swivel!!!!!!

Sorry, I had to vent like Sanscritt and others =)

(long inhale, long exhale......) Much better! Thanks all!

mcspeed
12-17-2005, 01:27 PM
blackberryden has a nice selection

MPD352
12-20-2005, 11:18 AM
I originally posted this on another thread (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?p=146133#post146133)

-------------------------------
I don't know if this helps, but I wanted a heavy duty swivel clip full case for my 7100i. I went to Krusell and found their small wide case (http://www.krusell.se/product.php?p...t=616&x=17&y=14) and ordered it with the small metal swivel clip. The Krusell cases use a multiadapt system that uses all sorts of connectors.

The back of this case allows you to slip it on a belt either horizontally or vertically in addition to using the swivel button. I harvested a couple of strong but thin magnets from a dead hard drive, and slipped them into the belt loop on the back of the case. I how have a heavy duty case that covers the entire phone and has the sleep function.

Kevin

ray moreau
12-20-2005, 01:45 PM
I simply got out my pocket knife and combiled the plastic swivel from the hoster for the 7520 with the non-swevel holster from the 7100i. It works terrific.

sanscritt
12-20-2005, 07:20 PM
I simply got out my pocket knife and combiled the plastic swivel from the hoster for the 7520 with the non-swevel holster from the 7100i. It works terrific.

would you happen to have any pictures or be able to tell us how you did it? Something like this would be perfect.
Thanks,
Jerry

srl7741
12-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I just received the cabrio71 w/swivel clip and it seems to work much better than the original case shipped with the 7100i. However i'm still in the market for something just a little different. For now i have the swivel function and that's much better than nothing. Link below to web site.

http://www.blackberryden.com/cabrio71.html

gr8wing
12-21-2005, 03:49 PM

I have no idea what RIM was thinking with the case that ships with the 7100i. Don't they test them? Mine is nearly impossible to clip onto all but the thinnest belt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D5845224342%26fvi%3D1&item=5845224342&rd=1

Brand new holster out this week.

NewBee Wins
12-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Try this link for a holster. I haven't purchased it, but was considering it.
http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFrontProfiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=70785&c=609919&i=32465736&ai=y

Hope I pasted the link correctly :?

PIN: 400DFA43

brandont
12-22-2005, 11:23 PM
I got this one from BBDen - it's actually from Naztech (www.naztech.com). It's really nice, the belt clip rotates in about 45degree increments and 'locks' in place. Seems to hold the phone pretty well.
http://www.blackberryden.com/cabrio71.html

Toddboy71
12-26-2005, 09:05 PM

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot

Any News on this yet rcg? Looking for the 7100i Thanks !!!

sheakt
12-27-2005, 08:48 AM

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot

Any News on this yet rcg? Looking for the 7100i Thanks !!!

If it is for the 7130e it won't work with the 7100i because of the antenna.....

--K

sanscritt
01-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Try this link for a holster. I haven't purchased it, but was considering it.
http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFrontProfiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=70785&c=609919&i=32465736&ai=y

Hope I pasted the link correctly :?

PIN: 400DFA43

Have you purchased this and if so what are your thoughts on it?
Thanks,
Jerry

lifestar53
01-04-2006, 07:29 AM

Well, any chance of us seeing a picture of your handiwork ?

Toddboy71
01-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the info sheakt, That's why I asked for the 7100i, I do realize there is an antenna there.... =)

seidioseidio
01-08-2006, 12:13 PM
The swivel lock holster for Nextel 7100i is now available

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=243

This holster has a face in design to protect the screen and it also has a special design, it will not scratch the paint.

GoblueNextel
01-08-2006, 12:31 PM

This holster has a face in design to protect the screen and it also has a special design, it will not scratch the paint.

More pics? Sleeper function? Looks good.

jaolson
01-08-2006, 05:39 PM

Has anyone actually tried this one yet? I need to get about 8 for folks in Public Safety environments and need some firsthand testimonial before I'll order them.

Jon Olson
Raleigh, NC

GoblueNextel
01-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Has anyone actually tried this one yet? I need to get about 8 for folks in Public Safety environments and need some firsthand testimonial before I'll order them.

Jon Olson
Raleigh, NC

I agree. From the one picture posted, it looks pretty good. I want to make sure my BB will not fall out. I would like to know how secure it holds it and if it has the sleeper function. I bet it does not, but it is not indicated in any form.

GOBLUE

seidioseidio
01-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Hi

This is David Chang, Product Marketing Manager from Seidio. We will post more pictures at various angles on our site today. If you have any questions, please email me dsc@<hidden>, or post your questions here, I will reply it very quickly.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

sheakt
01-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi

This is David Chang, Product Marketing Manager from Seidio. We will post more pictures at various angles on our site today. If you have any questions, please email me dsc@<hidden>, or post your questions here, I will reply it very quickly.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

Does this holster support the Blackberry Sleeper function? Asked on website yesterday and have not yet recieved an answer.....

Thanks

-K

GoblueNextel
01-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Does this holster support the Blackberry Sleeper function? Asked on website yesterday and have not yet recieved an answer.....

Thanks

-K

I asked as well yesterday as well for additional pictures. They responded this am saying the only pictures they had were the one on the website.

I also emailed Daved Chang mintues after his post this morning asking for additional pics and SPECIFICALLY if it had the sleeper function. I have not heard back from him.

If this has the sleeper function and holds the 7100i securely they will sell alot of these. I have my fingers crossed, but thier lack of response scares me, unless they are trying to add it after the effect.

seidioseidio
01-09-2006, 11:21 PM
I asked as well yesterday as well for additional pictures. They responded this am saying the only pictures they had were the one on the website.

I also emailed Daved Chang mintues after his post this morning asking for additional pics and SPECIFICALLY if it had the sleeper function. I have not heard back from him.

If this has the sleeper function and holds the 7100i securely they will sell alot of these. I have my fingers crossed, but thier lack of response scares me, unless they are trying to add it after the effect.

Hi,

More pictures will be posted tomorrow. As to the slepper function, the current version does not have magnetic sleeper function.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

GoblueNextel
01-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi,

More pictures will be posted tomorrow. As to the slepper function, the current version does not have magnetic sleeper function.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

Thanks for the reply. Do you anticipate another version that will have the sleeper function? If so, when?

I will probably buy the current version however it would be nice to know when a sleeper one would be available.

A big thank you for coming out with this. No one has one out yet. This is great news.

GOBLUE!

kurrupt_1
01-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I would love to get my hands on one of these with a sleeper function. What does the sleeping function actually do? Does it just turn off the light, applications or what?

seidioseidio
01-10-2006, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the reply. Do you anticipate another version that will have the sleeper function? If so, when?

I will probably buy the current version however it would be nice to know when a sleeper one would be available.

A big thank you for coming out with this. No one has one out yet. This is great news.

GOBLUE!

Hi,

In our holster, there is a thin protective pad to protect the screen. I think we can slide a very thin magnet to include the sleeper function.

What do you think

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

GoblueNextel
01-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi,

In our holster, there is a thin protective pad to protect the screen. I think we can slide a very thin magnet to include the sleeper function.

What do you think

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

I am not that familiar with the magnet in general. I would think any magent you are considering, if it shuts it off then put it in. Is it possible to out on the opposite side? I am not sure how strong the magnet or even the size needs to be. In anycase I am sure something can be done. I would cut out a magnet from an OEM case and see how big it is or maybe someone here can tell you.

GOBLUE

sheakt
01-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Hi,

What do you think

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

I think that the magnet needs to be located in the "keyboard" area of the device. I dont think that it will work if it placed in the "display" area of the holster.....

--K

sheakt
01-10-2006, 09:41 AM
I would love to get my hands on one of these with a sleeper function. What does the sleeping function actually do? Does it just turn off the light, applications or what?

It turns off the display and lets the BB know that it is "in holster" so that it can use the "in holster" setting in the profile that you are currently using ( it may also do some other power saving things but I am not sure what those are).....

--K

animlmed
01-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't see any other pictures on the web site with different angles.....

sanscritt
01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
The magnet doesn't have to be very big and needs to be located over the #5. I took the magnet out of the OEM holster and it is the size of a dime and not as thick. I picked up a cheapo holster at a mall kiosk and made a small incision and slid the magnet in. Holster has swivel belt clip, goes on the belt easily and hold the phone tightly and no flap.. So far no complaints or issues.

Thanks,
Jerry

ksteele
01-10-2006, 08:39 PM
I tested the 7100i with a magnet and the switch favors the battery side, however, the keyboard side works almost as well. The switch is directly in line with the #2 on the keypad.

After nailing down the location, I tried several different magnets. Thin flexible type refrigerator magnets are too weak. They will not activate the switch from the front or back.

I have a magnet from a harddrive that is about 1/8 inch thick that easily activates the switch, question is, will it fit in the Seidio case?

Seidio makes good products, I have a G2500S car kit for an IPAQ that I am very happy with.

ksteele
01-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I am also considering this case.

http://www.gadgetfreeks.com/kr87clmuleca.html

It swivels, but it does not ratchet. There is no sleep magnet either. I like the sleek design.

GoblueNextel
01-10-2006, 09:08 PM
I tested the 7100i with a magnet and the switch favors the battery side, however, the keyboard side works almost as well. The switch is directly in line with the #2 on the keypad.

After nailing down the location, I tried several different magnets. Thin refrigerator magnets are too weak. They will not activate the switch from the front or back.

I have a magnet from a harddrive that is about 1/8 inch thick that easily activates the switch, question is, will it fit in the Seido case?

Seido makes good products, I have a G2500S car kit for an IPAQ that I am very happy with.

I just tried some refrigerator magnets as well. The only ones that worked good were the OXO Grip Magnetic Chip Clips (you get them and Bed Bath and Beyond). It seems to activate like you said around the #2-#5 key. I may wait until Sedio makes the new version, which he indicated they would be making another version. I just ordered a case from Fortte, pouch style.

GOBLUE

sheakt
01-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't see any other pictures on the web site with different angles.....

Still no new pictures on website.... Has anyone yet ordered and recieved one of these holsters?????

--K

lifestar53
01-13-2006, 08:17 AM

Jon Olson
Raleigh, NC

I am awaiting a sample of the holster from Seidio and will be posting my findings here.

I do not work for Seidio nor am I affiliated with them other than buying a few products they make for the Treo 650.

hdbillp
01-13-2006, 10:42 AM
I bought this one based on a recommendation earlier in this thread. Just checked and it is still available for $14.99. It is definitely the best one I've found so far for the 7100. Has the magnet for sleeper function and the strap is secured by a magnet as well. I like this vs velcro as it is quieter to get in and out of the case in meetings and such. The strap is also thin enough to allow for the antenna on the 7100i.

The case does swivel but it is sort of loose. I had the 7520 and liked the swivel on the holster as it locked in position. Not a big deal really but probably the only thing that could be improved.

martin_j001
01-13-2006, 10:52 AM
$28 for a plastic swiveling holster....doesn't anyone else find that absurd?! Its literally only a couple dollars more for a very nicely finished leather holster with the sleeper function built in.... come on, $30 for a plastic holster?

Mr Pink57
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
$28 for a plastic swiveling holster....doesn't anyone else find that absurd?! Its literally only a couple dollars more for a very nicely finished leather holster with the sleeper function built in.... come on, $30 for a plastic holster?

HEY!

its got foam on the inside for the screen lol. I would like to get this clip, but for close to $30 I will stick with a leather case, since I paid less for the case I have!!!!

pink

lifestar53
01-13-2006, 08:57 PM
OK here's what some of you have been waiting for, more pictures and 1 person's impression of the Seidio 7100i holster.

The holster is made of what appears to be a thick ABS plastic, quality fit and finish is high. The clip is a clicking swivel that moves 90 degrees in either direction. The movement is solid and stays where you put it. In the photo of the clip side you notice a red star, That is the location where I placed my test magnet for Blackberry sleep mode. That placement on the clip side is impractical because the magnet would interfere with the clip's vertical position. I actually did that to show David Chang where on the other side to place the magnet under the felt.

The top piece that holds the phone in the holster is actually spring hinged and holds tight without putting too much pressure on the phone, but holds the phone in place securely. I do recommend a small piece of felt on the phone side of this piece so as not scuff the phone in anyway. I also should add, I think the top hinged piece should be a bit longer and hangover more to the back of the phone at least almost to the Nextel label's top groove for more security.

Overall this clip was very well thought out as I notice there is a good amount of room between the phone's keypad and the felt side of the holster so that the holster would not touch the keys, yet the phone sits and is held securely in the holster.

The $30 price is a bit up there, but that happens when everyone else ignores us, it's a matter of supply and demand. IF 50 Ruf Porsche 969s are made and to be sold at a $150K price each, I am sure they will be sold at around 3 times that cost. Most of Seidio's holsters for other PDAs are between $27USD and $30USD

I will definately buy this item. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) That's 5 out of 5 thumbs up.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE
I do not work for nor am I affiliated with Seidio apart from buying a few products they manufacture for the Treo 650. I did email them with some suggestions on what to do when making the 7100i holster and they asked me to play with one.

David I think you guys should also go ahead a make a rubber skin case also, just please make them in black and also in clear.

I have added a new picture of where I placed a magnet a bit smaller than a dime, it is about the thickness of 2 dimes, I believe it might be touching the keypad but the 7100i goes to sleep way before it gets close enough to touch. I was able to peel and reattach the felt without damaging it.

I think a dime's thickness should be good enough without touching.

GoblueNextel
01-13-2006, 09:02 PM
OK here's what some of you have been waiting for, more pictures and 1 person's impression of the Seidio 7100i holster.

The holster is made of what appears to be a thick ABS plastic, quality fit and finish is high. The clip is a clicking swivel that moves 90 degrees in either direction. The movement is solid and stays where you put it. In the photo of the clip side you notice a red star, That is the location where I placed my test magnet for Blackberry sleep mode. That placement is impractical because the magnet would interfere with the clip vertical position. I actually did that to show David Chang where on the other side to place the magnet under the felt.

The top piece that holds the phone in the holster is actually spring hinged and holds tight without putting too much pressure on the phone, but holds the phone in place securely. I do recommend a small piece of felt on the phone side of this piece so as not scuff the phone in anyway.

Overall this clip was very well thought out as I notice there is a good amount of room between the phone's keypad and the felt side of the holster so that the holster would not touch the keys, yet the phone sits and is held securely in the holster.

The $30 price is a bit up there, but that happens when everyone else ignores us, it's a matter of supply and demand. IF 50 Ruf Porsche 969s are made and to be sold at a $150K price each, I am sure they will be sold at around 3 times that cost.

I will definately buy this item. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

PLEASE TAKE NOTE
I do not work for nor am I affiliated with Seidio apart from buying a few products they manufacture for the Treo 650. I did email them with some suggestions on what to do when making the 7100i holster and they asked me to play with one.

David I think you guys should also go ahead a make a rubber skin case also, just please make them in black and also in clear.

OK I want one. Been waiting for this for a few months.

I know he said they were coming out with one with a magnet, but do you see if you can mod this one?

Looks great.

I agree with you on the price, although steep I think it is worth it.

Regards.

lifestar53
01-13-2006, 09:07 PM
OK I want one. Been waiting for this for a few months.

I know he said they were coming out with one with a magnet, but do you see if you can mod this one?

Looks great.

I agree with you on the price, although steep I think it is worth it.

Regards.

I have added a new picture of where I placed a magnet a bit smaller than a dime, it is about the thickness of 2 dimes, I believe it might be touching the keypad but the 7100i goes to sleep way before it gets close enough to touch. I was able to peel and reattach the felt without damaging it.

kurrupt_1
01-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I like, I want, I'll get!

fliedlice
01-14-2006, 03:49 AM
definatley added to my list of things to buy next week...or in this case (pun intended) whenever its available

kurrupt_1
01-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi,

What do you think

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

If you can accommodate the sleeper function you'll have a real winner!
How long until the betas are ready and if you need a beta tester I would gladly volunteer my services.

AUTiger
01-15-2006, 02:21 AM
lifestar53, thanks for the review. I'll probably get one.

GoblueNextel
01-16-2006, 04:54 PM

Where did you get the magnet that you used?

I have tons of refrigerator magnets and the only ones that work are almost a 1/4" thick? I do not have the case yet as I ordered today I think those are too thick.

GOBLUE!

lifestar53
01-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Where did you get the magnet that you used?

I have tons of refrigerator magnets and the only ones that work are almost a 1/4" thick? I do not have the case yet as I ordered today I think those are too thick.

GOBLUE!

I ripped apart a horizontal pleather case that was falling apart and had a magnetic closure flap.

GoblueNextel
01-16-2006, 07:49 PM
I ripped apart a horizontal pleather case that was falling apart and had a magnetic closure flap.

Thanks...

I ended up stopping at Micheals (Art and Craft store) and they had some High Powered THIN magnets (about less than 2 dimes). I will try it out when I get my clip. How did you fix to clip? Gorilla glue or super glue?

Jeff

lifestar53
01-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks...

I ended up stopping at Micheals (Art and Craft store) and they had some High Powered THIN magnets (about less than 2 dimes). I will try it out when I get my clip. How did you fix to clip? Gorilla glue or super glue?

Jeff

The felt is holding it in place.

KonTiki
01-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I find a good piece of electrical tape does the job for me.

GoblueNextel
01-16-2006, 08:12 PM

Interesting. I can not wait to get mine. I ordered and recieved today a Fortte Swivel Vertical Case. I did not like it at all. Way too tight IMHO, hard to get in and out and I did not like how the swivel did not lock (I knew this b4 hand) but just did not like the feel of it.

Anyway, if I may bother you with another question.

Is it easy to get in and out of the case and do you feel secure using it?

Thanks.

lifestar53
01-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Interesting. I can not wait to get mine. I ordered and recieved today a Fortte Swivel Vertical Case. I did not like it at all. Way too tight IMHO, hard to get in and out and I did not like how the swivel did not lock (I knew this b4 hand) but just did not like the feel of it.

Anyway, if I may bother you with another question.

Is it easy to get in and out of the case and do you feel secure using it?

Thanks.

Easy in easy out using 1 hand. I did recommend to lengthen the clip that holds the phonein though. There was nothing wrong with it but i thought it should be longer.

jaolson
01-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I've been wearing the Seidio clip all weekend and it's a winner. I'll be stopping at Michael's tonite on the way home to get the magnet, as the "in holster" is a function that I want to preserve. I've got several other 7100i users here at work and if I can get the magnet to put it to sleep, I'll be ordering more of them by weeks end.

A longer belt clip would enhance the clip, but what is there is long enough to grasp the waistband or 1" belt with no problems. Our uniform belt is 2" so our need is specific to us.

Jonathan Olson
Wake County Public Safety
Raleigh, NC

GoblueNextel
01-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I've been wearing the Seidio clip all weekend and it's a winner. I'll be stopping at Michael's tonite on the way home to get the magnet, as the "in holster" is a function that I want to preserve. I've got several other 7100i users here at work and if I can get the magnet to put it to sleep, I'll be ordering more of them by weeks end.

A longer belt clip would enhance the clip, but what is there is long enough to grasp the waistband or 1" belt with no problems. Our uniform belt is 2" so our need is specific to us.

Jonathan Olson
Raleigh, NC

FYI....The magnets I bought are sold in a package of 4. I am work so I do not have the package infront of me, but I believe the packaging was yellow. The bottom of the blister packaging shows numbers 1-10 for how strong they are. The ones I got were rated 10 and somewhere it said something to the effect "strongest mini magnets" available.

I can not wait for mine. It shipped today. I hope I have it Friday.

GOBLUE

Bradhar911
01-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Just got mine from E-bay last Friday.. Works perfect... Sheepskin leather pouch with a 180 swivel clip.. Clip WAS tight only the first time I put it on my 2" belt. Stays secure after 5 days so far.. Has 2 magnets on both sides (does seems as though the screen should face away from body since the swivel is built into the case and you can feel the 7100i running over that) the 2 magnets are positioned at the top and the bottom of the case my only guess for this is so that you do not hit any keys as your putting the bb away. The strap that holds the phone secure might show some signs of wear after some time since it sets so smooth against the rest of the case I have to use my fingernails to open it up. The straps magnet is very strong!! That's my 2cents worth on a $29.00($21.95+$6.95 shipping) leather case.

Here is the link for the seller on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5852199205&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

Sellers name is uniquemobile2 item comes from Canada and took 5 days to get to Dallas

Bradhar911
01-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Now, when can we find someone to work on a desktop stand for these? Besides the Styrofoam cutouts some of our inventive brothers have made!

GoblueNextel
01-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Now, when can we find someone to work on a desktop stand for these? Besides the Styrofoam cutouts some of our inventive brothers have made!

I saw THIS (http://www.spoonsisters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=17206&Category_Code=1028000&Product_Count=31) and it is pretty cool, however they are out until the end of February.

GOBLUE

lifestar53
01-18-2006, 06:50 PM

Desktop cradle -Working on design
Skin w/holster -Possibility in black
Phone housing -Possibility in black
Extended battery w/battery door -Suggested

COMING SOON all for the 7100i 8-)

These items are not being made by me, I just climbed a tree and took a peek inside a window. I fell out of the tree while trying to take pictures, so we have to wait and see. ;-)

GoblueNextel
01-18-2006, 07:11 PM
COMING SOON 8-)

Awh come on...You can not do this to us!!!

Details please :razz:

GOBLUE

GoblueNextel
01-19-2006, 09:38 AM

Jonathan Olson
Raleigh, NC

Did you get the magnets and install? Mine is on the FEDEX truck out for delivery?

GoblueNextel
01-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Just as LIFESTAR reviewed. EXCELLENT CASE/CLIP.

I am a little skeptical though on how easy it could pop out. I agree if a new case is in the mix they should make that clip come over the phone and somehow slip into the groove of the EAR HOLES (indented area with 2 holes to speaker). I have been wearing for a few hours and it is easy to get in and out of.

My OEM case was pretty screwed up so I took the magnet out of it. I then peeled back the felt on the new case, placed the magnet where it needed to go and then put the felt back over and IT WORKED PERFECTLY.

The magnet I suggested earlier from Michaels may be too thick, not sure as I did not try it. From my recollection it is thicker.

Again GREAT CASE and I LOVE IT!

lifestar53
01-19-2006, 09:34 PM

I am a little skeptical though on how easy it could pop out. I agree if a new case is in the mix they should make that clip come over the phone and somehow slip into the groove of the EAR HOLES (indented area with 2 holes to speaker). I have been wearing for a few hours and it is easy to get in and out of.

My OEM case was pretty screwed up so I took the magnet out of it. I then peeled back the felt on the new case, placed the magnet where it needed to go and then put the felt back over and IT WORKED PERFECTLY.

The magnet I suggested earlier from Michaels may be too thick, not sure as I did not try it. From my recollection it is thicker.

I have just noticed that my magnet is as thick as a dime and it touches. I will be making a suggestion to Seidio in regards to an indentation to accommodate the magnet

GoblueNextel
01-19-2006, 09:55 PM
I have just noticed that my magnet is as thick as a dime and it touches. I will be making a suggestion to Seidio in regards to an indentation to accommodate the magnet

How did you notice?

lifestar53
01-19-2006, 10:19 PM
How did you notice?

I decided to take the magnet from the opposite end of the case I had, thinking it was thinner but realized it was the same thickness as the one I am now using in the holster and they are both a dime's thickness

kurrupt_1
01-19-2006, 11:53 PM

This indentation actually requires added material to the mold. With all the mold work we do at my job, some changes to molds don't justify the cost of adding steel and then burning.

KonTiki
01-19-2006, 11:55 PM
If the magnet is strong enough have you tried taping it with electrical tape from the outside, 8-)

GoblueNextel
01-20-2006, 12:01 AM
If the magnet is strong enough have you tried taping it with electrical tape from the outside, 8-)

The blet clip is in the way.

HDClown
01-21-2006, 08:02 AM

Does the magnet from the OEM case touch the keypad, or is it thin enough to not? I'd love to get this case, but I cannot use it unless it can be modified without incident to use sleeper function, or they come out with a version 2 with it.

GoblueNextel
01-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Does the magnet from the OEM case touch the keypad, or is it thin enough to not? I'd love to get this case, but I cannot use it unless it can be modified without incident to use sleeper function, or they come out with a version 2 with it.

The OEM magent (looks like a washer as mine had a hole in it) is NOT touching the phone as far as I can tell. I again cut the magent out of my OEM case and cleaned the magnet off as it had sticky glue residue. The side that you clean the residue off of is the side that goes against the new case. The magent needs to go DIRECTLY over the #5 key. Once you line that up with the new case and find and mark the location on the new case. I then peeled the felt back off the new one about halfway (it is pretty durable), placed the maget and rolled/smoothed out the felt back over the magnet.

There appears to be enough room between the magent and the phone as there is no indication it is touching. I recomment this case PERIOD.

GOBLUE!

kurrupt_1
01-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Looks like a must have even if you can't wait for the version with the sleeper function you can always mod it!

GoblueNextel
01-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Looks like a must have even if you can't wait for the version with the sleeper function you can always mod it!

Yes. This is a DEFINTE buy!

lifestar53
01-21-2006, 01:49 PM
The OEM magent (looks like a washer as mine had a hole in it) is NOT touching the phone as far as I can tell. I again cut the magent out of my OEM case and cleaned the magnet off as it had sticky glue residue. The side that you clean the residue off of is the side that goes against the new case. The magent needs to go DIRECTLY over the #5 key. Once you line that up with the new case and find and mark the location on the new case. I then peeled the felt back off the new one about halfway (it is pretty durable), placed the maget and rolled/smoothed out the felt back over the magnet.

There appears to be enough room between the magent and the phone as there is no indication it is touching. I recomment this case PERIOD.

GOBLUE!

I must admit, I am a copycat, I had destroyed an OEM soft case trying to put a swivel and velcro closure on it. Worked but didn't look neat, so I pulled it apart and used the washer magnet. Worked like a charm right over the number 5 key. David Chang are you listening ?

I am hoping that Seidio is still reading and experimenting as much as we are.

srl7741
01-21-2006, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=I am hoping that Seidio is still reading and experimenting as much as we are.[/QUOTE]

He is not listening..... he is too busy making money from the original design. He has not responded to any emails nor posts since the release.

It's too bad......................

People have to spend too much on a case and still mod it to meet their needs. (and the needs are factory needs) Which mean the design is incomplete!

GoblueNextel
01-21-2006, 04:31 PM
He is not listening..... he is too busy making money from the original design. He has not responded to any emails nor posts since the release.

It's too bad......................

People have to spend too much on a case and still mod it to meet their needs. (and the needs are factory needs) Which mean the design is incomplete!

What did you email him about? He clearly states above in his last post there is a version 2 coming out that will have the magnet. What else did you ask him that he has already not stated? There are MANY cases out there that do not have the sleep function. As far as when, who knows? Does the case still work WITHOUT the magnet? YES.

neile457
01-21-2006, 08:36 PM
There is another problem with the Sedio case I believe. I had an 860 with a similar holster that was oem. It scratched the outside where it slid in. I had to get a replacement quickly to keep the phone looking new. I think this could be a problem, considering the paint peels off easily already. It did hold my 860 securely though.

Personally, I am having a problem deciding between these two

http://www.fortte.com/scr/details-109/Blackberry%207100i%20Flip%20Style%20PDA%20Case.html
http://www.fortte.com/scr/details-116/Blackberry%207100i%20Open%20Face%20PDA%20Case.html

I like the open face better (so that I don't have to keep opening the flap every time I answer the phone) - but I am concerned about the open face has no protection for the screen. I do not know if they have sleeper functions though.

lifestar53
01-21-2006, 10:40 PM
There is another problem with the Sedio case I believe. I had an 860 with a similar holster that was oem. It scratched the outside where it slid in. I had to get a replacement quickly to keep the phone looking new. I think this could be a problem, considering the paint peels off easily already. It did hold my 860 securely though.

For those who have the Seidio holster, if you take notice, the parts of the phone that touches the holster are grey and not painted, there is no paint to be scratched off of the phone by the holster.

GoblueNextel
01-21-2006, 10:43 PM
For those who have the Seidio holster, if you take notice, the parts of the phone that touches the holster are grey and not painted, there is no paint to be scratched off of the phone by the holster.

EXACTLY...This is a must have if you are wanting a "CLIP TYPE" holster. Quality cases for the 7100i case are slim to none.

GOBLUE

kurrupt_1
01-21-2006, 11:26 PM

This is a relief. I just bought one and then the post about scratching the BB came about........ok, not to worry now.

neile457
01-22-2006, 12:27 AM
sorry - it does look like it would be ok since it is hitting the gray area .

seidioseidio
01-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I must admit, I am a copycat, I had destroyed an OEM soft case trying to put a swivel and velcro closure on it. Worked but didn't look neat, so I pulled it apart and used the washer magnet. Worked like a charm right over the number 5 key. David Chang are you listening ?

I am hoping that Seidio is still reading and experimenting as much as we are.

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, Sorry I have been awat for a few days. We are trying to add the sleep function. we are trying to use very thin magnet, if it does not do the job, we will adjust our tooling to have a space for the magnet.

Thank you all feedbacks. It is you to help us to come up the perfect products - I really appreciate it. We take every feedback very seriously.
We will do whatever we can.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

seidioseidio
01-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi Jeremy,

Yes, Sorry I have been awat for a few days. We are trying to add the sleeper function. we are trying to use very thin magnet, if it does not do the job, we will adjust our tooling to have a space for the magnet.

Thank you all feedbacks. It is you to help us to come up the perfect products - I really appreciate it. We take every feedback very seriously.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

seidioseidio
01-22-2006, 10:00 AM
This is a relief. I just bought one and then the post about scratching the BB came about........ok, not to worry now.

Seidio holster uses the "spring clip design" meaning when the phone is inserted into the holster, the top clip is lifted. It is different from the traditional holster. The contact between the phone and holster is at a minimum during in and out process. It will not scratch the phone.

kurrupt_1
01-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi Jeremy,

Yes, Sorry I have been awat for a few days. We are trying to add the sleeper function. we are trying to use very thin magnet, if it does not do the job, we will adjust our tooling to have a space for the magnet.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

Is it possible to hold my order until this is resolved? I ordered my clip yesterday.

seebeexee
01-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Krusell has a case for the 7100i (and possibly other 7100 units). It employs the Multidapt system, so you can change the type of clip on the back. I like it because it has the plastic covering over the front of the unit. Unfortunately, there is no "sleep" function magnet since it is not a holster type case. Still, a very good looking case. Details here:
http://www.krusell.se/product.php?productID=2098&category=5

It is available for preorder here: http://www.pcs-ltd.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1224 It will become available and will ship on Monday, January 30, 2006.

seidioseidio
01-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Is it possible to hold my order until this is resolved? I ordered my clip yesterday.

What is your order # Please email me ASAP.

David Chang
dsc@<hidden>

kurrupt_1
01-23-2006, 11:20 AM
What is your order # Please email me ASAP.

David Chang
dsc@<hidden>

On its way David.

Thanks for the quick response!

MEGA_AL
01-23-2006, 06:25 PM
I have the seidio clip for my 7100i. You all are trying to find magnets to mod it?.....the cheapo case that came with the 7100i in the box has magnets, two of them! Just cut that thing apart and take one out, thats what I did. I used black electrical tape to tape it to the felt..blends right in...doesn't damage the phone....works perfectly

SmurfBerry
01-23-2006, 09:30 PM
This is an informative thread. Has anyone seen this one yet on EBay yet? If so what do you think.http://cgi.ebay.com/RIM-BLACKBERRY-7100-7100i-SWIVEL-BELT-CLIP-HOLSTER-NEW_W0QQitemZ5838798486QQcategoryZ108587QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lifestar53
01-23-2006, 09:57 PM
This is an informative thread. Has anyone seen this one yet on EBay yet? If so what do you think.http://cgi.ebay.com/RIM-BLACKBERRY-7100-7100i-SWIVEL-BELT-CLIP-HOLSTER-NEW_W0QQitemZ5838798486QQcategoryZ108587QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That holster only fits the 7100t and possibly the 7105T. It does not work with the 7100i.

MEGA_AL
01-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Yes, and that case does not protect the entire screen like the seidio case does.

akkording
01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Where can I get one of these clips? doesnt have to have a magnet

kurrupt_1
01-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Where can I get one of these clips? doesnt have to have a magnet

If you read further back in the posts you'll find a link. Do a search for Seidio.

You can but one right now without the magnet or wait until mid february for the new version with a magnet.

akkording
01-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks K

tmushy
01-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Why pay full price when you can get almost the same looking case for 16 bucks
http://www.gyvergear.com/PayPal/Nextel/7100i/index.html

Toddboy71
01-24-2006, 10:22 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at that page, why would I buy an aftermarket battery for $30, when I can get the OEM one for the same price at a few different sites? It's all about preferences man......

lifestar53
01-24-2006, 10:30 PM

That holster looks nothing like the Seidio one and that is a face out type.

sgtallen
01-25-2006, 10:25 AM
hey lifestar, what is that gray plastic covering on the back of the phone, i attached the pick, does the phone come like that or is it part of the holster?

GoblueNextel
01-25-2006, 12:40 PM
hey lifestar, what is that gray plastic covering on the back of the phone, i attached the pick, does the phone come like that or is it part of the holster?

There is nothing covering the back of the phone. That IS the back of the phone.

SmurfBerry
01-28-2006, 11:55 AM

Looking at that page, why would I buy an aftermarket battery for $30, when I can get the OEM one for the same price at a few different sites? It's all about preferences man......

Hey do you think that forward facing 7100i holster shuts off the power like the 7520 does. I am thinking about getting it.

kurrupt_1
01-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Hey do you think that forward facing 7100i holster shuts off the power like the 7520 does. I am thinking about getting it.

If the magnet is strong enough it will power down the unit from the back side of the unit.

srl7741
02-01-2006, 07:24 PM
If the magnet is strong enough it will power down the unit from the back side of the unit.

I tried that and the magnet ended up being just a bit too large. It would not fit right so i gave up on it for the moment. I am still looking for a different style that is not as thick.

mdean819
02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
i would just like to say the rim leather case on the nextel.com site is a belt clip, and it does not advertise it as swivel, it never says that!

mdean819
02-01-2006, 08:59 PM
looks like this might be the answer ive ordered it SWIVEL CASE (http://www.blackberryden.com/cabrio71.html)

SmurfBerry
02-02-2006, 01:28 PM
I ordered that Swivel Case for the 7100i from Seidio Online. I really like it for functionability, but it just doesn't power down the unit.

So what do you all think? The 7100i shuts the screen down after two mins. (on mine) and that is a form of saving power right?

Or is it different than in the OEM Case?

GoblueNextel
02-02-2006, 01:34 PM
I ordered that Swivel Case for the 7100i from Seidio Online. I really like it for functionability, but it just doesn't power down the unit.

So what do you all think? The 7100i shuts the screen down after two mins. (on mine) and that is a form of saving power right?

Or is it different than in the OEM Case?

Well not really as your phone will act like it is "out of holster" all the time. Depends how you use your profile.

I have heard the OEM case has 2 magnets (one on each side). I would personally remove one of them (opposite the side of the KEYS) so you can still use the OEM case, if needed.

I removed the OEM case magents and it works with no problems and no interference.

Just my 2 cents.

Side Note: I have been using the Seidio case now for a few weeks and I love it. I have noticed that were the spring clip goes over the phone it is rubbing on the rubber top piece that says "BLACKBERRY". It is not "bad" but it is rubbing a little. Other than that I love this case.

GOBLUE

srl7741
02-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Well not really as your phone will act like it is "out of holster" all the time. Depends how you use your profile.

I have heard the OEM case has 2 magnets (one on each side). I would personally remove one of them (opposite the side of the KEYS) so you can still use the OEM case, if needed.

I removed the OEM case magents and it works with no problems and no interference.

Just my 2 cents.

Side Note: I have been using the Seidio case now for a few weeks and I love it. I have noticed that were the spring clip goes over the phone it is rubbing on the rubber top piece that says "BLACKBERRY". It is not "bad" but it is rubbing a little. Other than that I love this case.

GOBLUE

Does the belt clip go competely over your belt?
How wide of a belt would it cover?

SmurfBerry
02-03-2006, 01:07 PM
I finally got my Seidio Online swivel case working perfect. All I did was took a small battery, strong one, and I cut out a small section in the felt and super glued the magnet inside the case. It is shutting down and perserving my battery just as designed.

Personally I don't like the leather pouch cases, so the money and time spent on this one was fine with me...

I attached a picture to see my master piece in action .

SMix713
02-06-2006, 03:22 PM
any estimate as to when this second generation with the magnet will be coming out on the website? I am very anxious to get one of these but am in major need of the sleeper function ... I think modding it would be easy to take the magnets out of the oem case, but I would rather buy a product that has it dones from the manufacturer. Thanks!

gdpmumin
02-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Not to argue, but yes it did say that at one point. I bought one because it specifically said it was a swivel case. When it arrived and was nothing more than a leather version of the one that shipped with the 7100i, I called Nextel and the CSR agreed that the online description was inaccurate. He credited my account right then.

If the Nextel site doesn't say it's a swivel case now, then they've changed it--and rightly so. I haven't checked because I'm no longer with Nextel.

i would just like to say the rim leather case on the nextel.com site is a belt clip, and it does not advertise it as swivel, it never says that!

GoblueNextel
02-06-2006, 03:41 PM

It did say that, for quite some time!

SmurfBerry
02-07-2006, 05:52 AM
any estimate as to when this second generation with the magnet will be coming out on the website? I am very anxious to get one of these but am in major need of the sleeper function ... I think modding it would be easy to take the magnets out of the oem case, but I would rather buy a product that has it dones from the manufacturer. Thanks!

Dude it took me five minutes and I used supplies from the garage. It wasn't that hard. If your in major need and can't wait....this is the way to go. Or option 2 is to wait however long.

sgtallen
02-07-2006, 12:23 PM
I finally got my Seidio Online swivel case working perfect. All I did was took a small battery, strong one, and I cut out a small section in the felt and super glued the magnet inside the case. It is shutting down and perserving my battery just as designed.

Personally I don't like the leather pouch cases, so the money and time spent on this one was fine with me...

I attached a picture to see my master piece in action .

so you use a battery to cut a piece out of the felt? also is that the magnet from the oem leather pouch?

JMEEKS
02-09-2006, 11:40 PM
I just got the siedio clip and cut the magnet out of my nextel holster. Then put a piece of electric tape over the magnet where the #5 key would fit. Love it! it works great! Thanks to whomever posted that solution!

GoblueNextel
02-10-2006, 12:00 AM
I just got the siedio clip and cut the magnet out of my nextel holster. Then put a piece of electric tape over the magnet where the #5 key would fit. Love it! it works great! Thanks to whomever posted that solution!

Glad you like it. I have had it for a few weeks now and love it.

FYI...No one knows the exact clearance between the felt and the keys. It may not sound like much, but putting the magent on the felt rather than under it, along with tape on that may cause it to hit the keys. IMHO I would pull the felt back and put the magent UNDER the felt, then smooth the felt back over it (no need to secure it as the felt holds it in place).

Just keep an eye on the electrical tape and your keys for any ware.

Good luck!

GOBLUE

Prettynavyboi
02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
I just recently bought the siedio clip and love it. With being in the Navy I'm frequently dropping my BB. With this clip it has yet to fall out. I recommend it to everyone.

lifestar53
02-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Good news for the people who want to buy the Gyver Gear holster but have a high capacity battery. A friend of mine decided to go for the cheaper priced holster and reports that the phone fits just fine with the bulge in the back. Good luck with the face out design.

srl7741
02-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Any new rumors or hints when the siedio clip will have sleeper function without the buyer mod-ing the case? I'm still holding out and thought i would freshen up the intrests in the case.

thx

lifestar53
02-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Any new rumors or hints when the siedio clip will have sleeper function without the buyer mod-ing the case? I'm still holding out and thought i would freshen up the intrests in the case.

thx

Febuary 2x, 2006

srl7741
02-17-2006, 06:03 PM
thx.

kurrupt_1
02-17-2006, 06:30 PM
I can't wait, just 3 to 11 more days!

seidioseidio
02-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Seidio is pleased to release the swivel lock plastic holster for 7100i with

1) Sleeper function
2) Improve top clip to hold the phone more secure
3) Add the rubber at the underside of the top clip to avoid scratching the phone.

Any questions, please ask me

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

srl7741
02-23-2006, 04:25 PM

1) Sleep function
3) Add the rubber at the underside of the top clip to avoid scratching the phone.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

And i already placed an order looking forward to your holster. Thanks!

kurrupt_1
02-23-2006, 08:44 PM
I can't wait for mine!

Thanks David.

seidioseidio
02-24-2006, 04:28 PM
I can't wait for mine!

Thanks David.

Thank you for the order.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc2seidio.com

seidioseidio
02-24-2006, 06:07 PM
I can't wait for mine!

Thanks David.

We shipped your order today. Please give us the feedbacks when you receive it.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

kurrupt_1
02-24-2006, 09:06 PM
I will. I have a couple of other friends waiting for me to get mine so they can see it and order 1.

seidioseidio
02-26-2006, 07:25 AM
I will. I have a couple of other friends waiting for me to get mine so they can see it and order 1.

Thanks

Please give us the feedbacks when you receive it.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

stud421
02-26-2006, 07:44 AM
here is the one i got, I am loving it too, snug fit without being too tight. has magnet to put in sleep mode and has rotating clip to boot. hope the link still works byt the time you read this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5863600178&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

TWGhost
02-27-2006, 03:03 AM
ordering mine from Seidioseidio today!! good job on making those improvments.....

i bought my face outward clip from gyver, it does have a big gap between the fone and the clip, and its hard to get it out of the clip, but i guess everything else is fine.....selling them for $10 if anyone wants since i am going with Seidio's

^ that ebay leather pouch looks .,.......not my cup of tea...=P

enzomn
02-27-2006, 02:02 PM

1) Sleeper function

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

Will this work with the 7130e??

GoblueNextel
02-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Review of Updated Seidio Clip:

First off I was a original purchaser of the clip without the sleep function. If you read earlier threads of mine and others this was a simple modification to add this to the older style clip.

BRAVO BRAVO....Whoever at Seidio came up with the addition of the rubber piece at the end of the clip portion GIVE HIM A RAISE!!!!! As soon as I popped it in I could IMMEDIATELY tell the difference. If felt WAY MORE SECURE. Again, I never had doubts that the old one was not holding my BB in securely, but the feel makes me way more confident.

The addition of the sleeper function is not noticable (ie...on my modded one you can see it thru the felt). Yes it works, you just can not tell its there. There must be a cut outin the plastic for the magnetic piece being used, hence why you can not see it.

Again I HIGHLY recommend this, even if you have the original. Seidio has designed a AWESOME holster for those looking for a Nextel Stye Swivel Clip/Holster. A+A+A+A+A+! (y) (y) (y)

Good Work Seidio and to David Chang and his Product Development Team.

GOBLUE!

Move
02-27-2006, 03:34 PM

You can do what I did for a swivel clip holster.

I used the standard issue 7100 holster. I then purchased a $7 after-market swivel clip kit from a local electronics retailer. This particular kit had a provision to use adhesive tape to secure the swivel post onto the phone and the swivel post did have a hole that went all the way through it. Forget about the adhesive tape. I then drilled a hole through the BB holdster clip and rivetted the swivel clip to the BB holster. Voila! This thing is solid and it wont ruin my $150 belt!

shakes8
02-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Just placed mine on order today. Thanks all for your feedback and thanks David for a great product!!!!

bigdave
03-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Any chance of a seidio discount for blackberryforums users? :smile: :smile:

srl7741
03-02-2006, 07:23 PM
I received my new 2nd generation seidio 7100i clip/case/holder a few days ago. So i thought i would post to update the thread for those looking for a case.

Look no further, the case does what it's suppose to. Here is why.

1. The phone fits perfect
2. Sleeper function works
3. Easy to get the phone out of case
4. Easy to place phone back in case
5. Is very secure while in case
6. Fits all size belts
7. works without a belt
8. Looks cool (did i say that?)
9. Arrived in just two days
10. All ports are accessible while in case

Hope this helps others when they are looking for a case for the 7100i phone.

Link to site:

lifestar53
03-02-2006, 11:25 PM
I received my new 2nd generation seidio 7100i clip/case/holder a few days ago. So i thought i would post to update the thread for those looking for a case.

6. Fits all size belts
7. works without a belt

Link to site:

(y) The new holster is summed up in one word. FANTABULOUS.
David you got it on the money. (y)

Deskstand, black skin, black housing next? :wink:

seidioseidio
03-04-2006, 07:11 AM

6. Fits all size belts
7. works without a belt

Link to site:

Thanks,

Besides the above, one of the other important design is the holster will not scratch 7100i.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

kurrupt_1
03-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks,

Besides the above, one of the other important design is the holster will not scratch 7100i.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

Still waiting for mine to show up, I'm getting tired of using the OEM case. After having a taste of the clip with the first version I can't for the second one.

seidioseidio
03-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Still waiting for mine to show up, I'm getting tired of using the OEM case. After having a taste of the clip with the first version I can't for the second one.

It was sent last Friday (almost one week ago). Can you tell you your order # ? I will check into it right away.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

SFerraraNP
03-04-2006, 12:03 PM
It was sent last Friday (almost one week ago). Can you tell you your order # ? I will check into it right away.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>
David, I recently e-mailed you but haven't received a response. My question to you is: Can there be some kind of credit for the folks who ordered the first generation holster and want to upgrade to the newer version. I'm certainly willing to pay for it, however spending over $60 on 2 holsters seems outrageous. Please respond.

Thanks,
Steve

vmiller798
03-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I finally got my holster with the magnet from seidio and I LOVE IT!!!!! Just my .02

seidioseidio
03-06-2006, 09:00 PM
David, I recently e-mailed you but haven't received a response. My question to you is: Can there be some kind of credit for the folks who ordered the first generation holster and want to upgrade to the newer version. I'm certainly willing to pay for it, however spending over $60 on 2 holsters seems outrageous. Please respond.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I have replied by email.

David

kurrupt_1
03-07-2006, 11:50 AM
I finally got my holster with the magnet from seidio and I LOVE IT!!!!! Just my .02

David,
Any luck on mine being sent out? I see some are receiving theirs already.

seidioseidio
03-07-2006, 12:06 PM
David,
Any luck on mine being sent out? I see some are receiving theirs already.

The cut off time is 3:00 PM everyday, if you place the order before 3:00 PM, it will be sent by the next day. Can you give me your order #, I will check into it right away.

David

kurrupt_1
03-07-2006, 12:21 PM
The cut off time is 3:00 PM everyday, if you place the order before 3:00 PM, it will be sent by the next day. Can you give me your order #, I will check into it right away.

David

Order # 35333

seidioseidio
03-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Order # 35333

This is not a good order #, Please verify the order # again.

David

kurrupt_1
03-07-2006, 01:29 PM
This is not a good order #, Please verify the order # again.

David

That was the original order number for the one with out the sleeper function. Through email we agreed that you would send me a replacement (being the latest version) and I would send back the original one without the sleeper function. Please search your email stating this fact. I believe it will be in the Jan. 30 email you sent to me.

Again the order number was 35333

Nic

ferngolf
03-09-2006, 02:20 PM
order number 39970
please track it through process
cant wait to recieve

seidioseidio
03-09-2006, 07:23 PM
order number 39970
please track it through process
cant wait to recieve

Thank you. It will go out tomorrow.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

MrX
03-10-2006, 09:31 PM
I just ordered one! I cannot wait to recieve it as I do not like the OEM carrying solution at all.

GoblueNextel
03-10-2006, 10:47 PM
I just ordered one! I cannot wait to recieve it as I do not like the OEM carrying solution at all.

You will absolutely LOVE IT. David Chang Also has LOTS of cool accessories coming out!

schizm
03-11-2006, 01:45 PM
I just got mine in the mail today! Excellent holster! I am strickly a holster person and don't like pouches and cases. This holster delivered on everything that it promised. It holds the 7100i snug, but it is very easy to get the unit out of the holster with one hand. The ratcheting clip is perfect..not more pains in my side.

Well done Dave!

Maslows
03-12-2006, 01:49 AM
Any chance of a seidio discount for blackberryforums users? :smile: :smile:

well???

jdposhkus
03-12-2006, 07:31 AM
I ordered this the other day...can't wait to get it. Seems like the best of what's around. I just recieved a vertical case from Fortte, it has quite a few drawbacks...It is designed to be worn on the right side, I wear it on the left. It holds the berry securely, but it only sleeps like 25% of the time. It uses the multi-dapt clip system, which sticks out from your body quite a bit and it is just too damn loose for me. One handed operation is just not possible (a must for me) The worst part is that I ordered a custom color combination and can't return it. What was I thinking.....Hope this is the answer to my prayers...

GoblueNextel
03-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Hope this is the answer to my prayers...

It will be!

greggebhardt
03-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok this plastic clip sounds like just what I am looking for. It is about time. Am on my way to order mine right now. Would like to hear how you other like it.

Thanks to the people who made it!

seidioseidio
03-13-2006, 06:33 PM
(y) The new holster is summed up in one word. FANTABULOUS.
David you got it on the money. (y)

Deskstand, black skin, black housing next? :wink:

If you're happy, WE'RE happy. We are looking into expanding our Blackberry line of products significantly in the near future and people reading this and related links will be the first to hear about them. Thanks very much for the positive comments!

David
davidsilver@<hidden> (yes, another David)

srl7741
03-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok this plastic clip sounds like just what I am looking for. It is about time. Am on my way to order mine right now. Would like to hear how you other like it.

Thanks to the people who made it!

I've had mine for two weeks now and there will never be another case. The swivel clip is the one and only case i will ever own.

It's easy to insert
It's easy to remove
It's secure
It looks cool
It is cool
It does not hurt/scratch/damage the phone
Has sleeper function
All ports are accessable while in the clip
Fits all belt types
Fit wthout a belt

hope this helps?

John Clark
03-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Has anyone tried this one? I just started using these. Nothing like genuine RIM. Nice plastic swivel clip and magnetic dlap with BB logo and sleep function. It also works good with the extended battery.

Edit: Sorry, I guess it doesn't fit (and they don't have one for) the 7100i with that funny thing ya'all call an antenna...but it's real nice for the rest of the 7100 series.

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category_by_model&page=product_detail&fromcategory=BlackBerry+7100g&category=BlackBerry+7100g&pid=F2222S423FJM5G68Z35

srl7741
03-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Has anyone tried this one? I just started using these. Nothing like genuine RIM. Nice plastic swivel clip and magnetic dlap with BB logo and sleep function. It also works good with the extended battery.

http://www.shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category_by_model&page=product_detail&fromcategory=BlackBerry+7100g&category=BlackBerry+7100g&pid=F2222S423FJM5G68Z35

I had that one prior to this one http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=243

Nothing was wrong with it, however it just did not compare to the seidio clip.
I tend to go for the "I'm not caring a purse on my belt" feeling and i just did not have that when i had that case. The seidio case is less intrusive and lighter on the belt.

John Clark
03-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah, it's just a little big but I'm hard on stuff attached to my belt. The clip is probably not enough protection for me. I'd tear up my berry with that one. I tried the leather cases from ebay with the magnetic flap but they just don't hold up long enough. It will be an everlasting search for the ultimate case, I'm afraid.

ncbuilder
03-13-2006, 08:55 PM
I just ordered mine from Seidio. I've had some products for my Dell Axim x50v which I'm now selling and have been very happy with Seidio and their great presence on www.aximsite.com. Of course this is my new site.... Thanks for everyones thoughts and for the continued improvement in the Seidio line-up!

Maslows
03-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Ordered on 3//13/06 order#40304 what is the stautus of this?

seidioseidio
03-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Ordered on 3//13/06 order#40304 what is the stautus of this?

It was shipped on 3/13. Let us know your feedback once you receive the holster.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

lifestar53
03-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah, it's just a little big but I'm hard on stuff attached to my belt. The clip is probably not enough protection for me. I'd tear up my berry with that one. I tried the leather cases from ebay with the magnetic flap but they just don't hold up long enough. It will be an everlasting search for the ultimate case, I'm afraid.

David C. and David S. This is your prompt for making a high quality skin like you do for the Treo series. Just don't for get to make it in black also.

seidioseidio
03-15-2006, 02:50 PM
David C. and David S. This is your prompt for making a high quality skin like you do for the Treo series. Just don't for get to make it in black also.

Hi Jeremy,

The premium skin for 7100i will be available next week. It will start with clear one. Then we can add some more color ships down the road.

David chang
Seidio

seidioseidio
03-15-2006, 02:51 PM

Hi Jeremy,

The premium skin for 7100i will be available next week. It will start with clear one. Then we can add some more color chips down the road.

David chang
Seidio

lifestar53
03-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Hi Jeremy,

The premium skin for 7100i will be available next week. It will start with clear one. Then we can add some more color chips down the road.

David chang
Seidio

I hope you remembered the high capacity battery door issue. :wink:

MrX
03-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Well my clip came in yesterday. All I can say is WOW!!! What a great product, this is exactly what I was looking for!!

k9Berry1
03-17-2006, 10:50 PM
How does the Sedido handle the daily action?

Microse
03-18-2006, 02:44 AM
Hullo everyone .Can any one help me on how to unlock my blackberry 7100t locked on T-Mobile.
ntambim@<hidden>

jdposhkus
03-18-2006, 06:21 AM
Ordered 2 of these last week...they are very good, but one of them doesn't have the sleep function.....I really wasn't happy with the customer service, I called to explain, what happend and the cust. service person didn't seem to care that I was shipped the wrong part...I later got a call from a manager who smothed thisng aout a bit. So if you are ordering make sure to specify the newer holster with the magnet to enable the sleeper function.

Very Good case indeed.

seidioseidio
03-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Ordered 2 of these last week...they are very good, but one of them doesn't have the sleep function.....I really wasn't happy with the customer service, I called to explain, what happend and the cust. service person didn't seem to care that I was shipped the wrong part...I later got a call from a manager who smothed thisng aout a bit. So if you are ordering make sure to specify the newer holster with the magnet to enable the sleeper function.

Very Good case indeed.

We are only shipping the new type of holster that comes with the sleeper function now.

Sorry for the experience you had and thank you for the feedbacks.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

chief688
03-20-2006, 01:16 PM
I looked at them ALL! Hands down....you have to take a look at the Krusell holster and system for the 7100i. It was the 4th one I bought...the other 3 brands went in file 13!

7100iwrinc
03-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Does anyone incl. seido have a good case_holster that will also carry a motorola bluetooth earpiece??? I really do not want to have to have a case for both separately.

Thanks,
7100iwrinc

kurrupt_1
03-22-2006, 09:13 PM
You can always
buy a fanny pack

swbjesjr
03-22-2006, 11:09 PM
I looked at them ALL! Hands down....you have to take a look at the Krusell holster and system for the 7100i. It was the 4th one I bought...the other 3 brands went in file 13!

I agree, I have the Krusell as well as the seido, both are very nice, but mainly use the krusell with a screen protector.

bigdave
03-24-2006, 06:29 PM
What a disapointment!!! Everyone has been raving about how this seidio case is the best! I really missed my 7520 holster and wanted a solution for the 7100i, well this was an expensive solution ($28.98 + $8.42 = $38.40) for something that should have been included in the first place. Ok now, it arrived in a crushed box with no real packing materials. I know priority mail is only about $4 so this was let down #1. Let down #2 is the fact that the magnet just isn't strong enough to put the phone into sleep. I have to push in on the battery door before the screen will go off. This is not at all what I was expecting. The softcase shuts the screen off no matter which way you put it in. This is a real disapointment, its better then the softcase I suppose but for what I paid and what everyone has/had said it's a major let down. The magnet also seems like its in the middle rather then over the 5, see pictures.

Box:
http://www.dbattery.com/case/dsc00784.jpg

Box 2:
http://www.dbattery.com/case/dsc00785.jpg

Holster:
http://www.dbattery.com/case/dsc00787.jpg

Not Sleeping:
http://www.dbattery.com/case/dsc00790.jpg

-Dave

GoblueNextel
03-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Ok now, it arrived in a crushed box.
USPS fault, not case manufacture.

with no real packing materials.
Did you buy this for pretty packaging?

Let down #2 is the fact that the magnet just isn't strong enough to put the phone into sleep. I have to push in on the battery door
before the screen will go off.
I am sure if you email them they will send you a replacement. Myself and five friends do not experience this. Actually I just looked at the one I have and it actualy shuts off BEFORE it is even in all the way. I think the magnet is just misplaced somehow???

This is a real disapointment, its better then the softcase I suppose but for what I paid and what everyone has/had said it's a major let down. The magnet also seems like its in the middle rather then over the 5, see pictures.

I am sorry you have had this experience. However the only real issue here is the sleep function, which the magnet could have been improperly placed. I am sure Seidio will take care of this. Over the last few weeks I have had, like I said above, order this case. Not one person has complained AT ALL, even about the price. Sure its a little expensive, however IT IS A GREAT CASE.

GOBLUE

I hope everything works out.

swbjesjr
03-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Big Dave...try the Krusell cabriolet for the 7100i, along with a screen protector. That's my combo and I love it. Also have a perfectly working suido (magnet) which I may sell soon. I've tried both , but seem to like the krusell more.

bigdave
03-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Did you buy this for pretty packaging?

I didn't say I did I just expected some thing a little more sturdy since I did pay $8.42 to ship a 1lb item that usps.com lists as costing $4.05 to ship.

I am sure if you email them they will send you a replacement. Myself and five friends do not experience this. Actually I just looked at the one I have and it actualy shuts off BEFORE it is even in all the way. I think the magnet is just misplaced somehow???

The magnet does seem a little high, it looks to be over the shortcut button instead of over the 5. Does your shut off when you put it in the holster in the reverse position? Not that I expected this I was just checking the strength of the magnet.

I am sorry you have had this experience. However the only real issue here is the sleep function, which the magnet could have been improperly placed. I am sure Seidio will take care of this. Over the last few weeks I have had, like I said above, order this case. Not one person has complained AT ALL, even about the price. Sure its a little expensive, however IT IS A GREAT CASE.

Well the sleep function and to me the packaging was a little subpar for what I paid. Just because someone hasn't complained on the forum doesn't mean they aren't out there, maybe they just lost faith in this forum...(Ok, Ok that's drastic...this forums is the best :smile: )

I hope everything works out.

Me too, so you are suggesting I e-mail them directly and say my sleep function isn't working?

-Dave

GoblueNextel
03-24-2006, 07:17 PM
I didn't say I did I just expected some thing a little more sturdy since I did pay $8.42 to ship a 1lb item that usps.com lists as costing $4.05 to ship.

I can see your point.

The magnet does seem a little high, it looks to be over the shortcut button instead of over the 5. Does your shut off when you put it in the holster in the reverse position? Not that I expected this I was just checking the strength of the magnet.

Yes mine does shut off when put in face out. Thanks btw, never thought of trying it that way.(y)

(Ok, Ok that's drastic...this forums is the best :smile: )
Agreed!

Me too, so you are suggesting I e-mail them directly and say my sleep function isn't working?

Yes. I am positive they will help you.

bigdave
03-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Yes mine does shut off when put in face out. Thanks btw, never thought of trying it that way.(y)

Mine doesn't.... Not sure if its the magnet strength or placement.

Oh and congrats on your 100th post..GO GOBLUE! 8-)

-Dave