PDA

View Full Version : Travel to UK

mhilsdon
02-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm traveling to the UK next month, I have a pay as you go UK Sim Card for my unlocked Curve, should I disable my data plan before I go - I'm assuming that once the UK sim card is in the phone I wouldn't be able to receive any emails, but I want to be sure that I'm not going to be hit with any excessive charges from AT&T when I return.

dc/dc
02-28-2009, 09:32 AM
There is no need to disable it. Your e-mail service on the device is associated to the SIM card.

ScottBerry
04-29-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm traveling to the UK next month, I have a pay as you go UK Sim Card for my unlocked Curve, should I disable my data plan before I go - I'm assuming that once the UK sim card is in the phone I wouldn't be able to receive any emails, but I want to be sure that I'm not going to be hit with any excessive charges from AT&T when I return.

Hi,

Can I ask which Pay as you Go SIM you have for the BB? And did it allow BB services while you were traveling (PIN, BB Messenger, BIS)?

Thanks

Spawneh
04-29-2009, 07:03 PM
There are a few carriers I believe releasing BB services to Prepay and I say good on them! This isn't a easy thing to do to try and get the charging right but I'm sure its coming along slowly :)