PDA

View Full Version : jvm error 513

Chriz2635
02-28-2009, 11:57 AM
last night i opened the desktop manager and it said i had updates. so i clicked on updates and it started updating. the problem is that i didnt know it would wipe my blackberry. so now i cant use anything and when i plug it into the computer it doesnt detect it. does anyone know how to fix this?

tsac
02-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Rim support states that the password was entered wrong and therefor the JVM error 513.
Hopfully you have a backup because it also suggests an OS reload and restore from the backup.

Good luck

bryony.king
03-02-2009, 04:27 AM
Hi,
I know a lot of people seem to be having this error problem but mine is slightly different. Like other people i entered the wrong password ten times which i dont know how because I have never used a different password, and it wiped the phone. It then went on to say JVM error 513 reset.
I have tried downloading the desktop software and what I think is the OS for the phone but have been unsuccessful in any change happening. Does it matter if the phone is used with a prepaid simcard with Optus? I bought the phone off ebay a few days a go.
When I go to the desktop software and go to the application loader, it is completely empty and won't let me go to the next stage? I have deleted it and re-downloaded it again and it is exactly the same.
Please if anyone can help from here I would be extremely grateful.

rugmankc
03-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Try this as a starting point:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/92534-8100-appear-jum-error-513-help-me.html

Ken