PDA

View Full Version : New Caller ID thread - Various Issues

jfinn
10-25-2005, 11:14 AM
My apologies for some redundancy. I responded to an earlier Caller ID thread, but it had lots of baggage and only asked half of my question, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I am having inconsistent luck with Caller ID. There are two main issues:
1. Sometimes I just get a number, no name, even though the caller's in my address book. I've had the phone for a week, so I'd be surprised if it required reprovisioning.

2. Many times I see only the caller's company name, not the caller's first and last name. This is frustrating as I get many calls from co-workers, who all, obviously, have the same company name. Unless I recognize the extension or cell phone number, I don't know who it is.

I have a 7105t and am a T-Mobile Unlimited Enterprise, blah-blah, customer.

Any ideas?

acm
10-25-2005, 12:09 PM
I am a new 7100i user. Little quirk I am finding is that our office phones are programmed to only show our main trunk line for caller ID regardless of the extension dialed out on. I too have multiple names from my office programmed in my address book and the all have the same main number. The BB is picking up the first occurance of that number in the PB and showing that name. I have to look closely at the number to see if is the office or that really that person calling from eg. their cell phone.

Another annoying issue is the message log show every occurance. e.g. if I dial a number 4 times in a row b/c a call dropped, it has 4 line items and makes for clean up/maintenance work several times a day as the list is getting huge. With my i85s it did not repeat the listing for every occurance, it only showed the entry with the latest time and moved it up the list acccordingly. Any suggestions of how to deal with this? I wanted my BB to make me more efficient, having to do delete maintenance adds to my list.

Thanks!

jfinn
10-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Anything? My Caller ID is now totally useless. If my phone is unlocked, and sitting idle, and I call it from my home phone, only the phone number shows up, no Address Book information. What gives?!

jfinn
11-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Is anyone else having this issue? I'm really surprised no one else has chimed in.

I just thought I'd try one last time.

Thanks.

b00st3d
11-08-2005, 05:21 PM
i have a 7100g and dont have this problem...sorry, i have not seen that before...

BriA5
11-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Another annoying issue is the message log show every occurance. e.g. if I dial a number 4 times in a row b/c a call dropped, it has 4 line items and makes for clean up/maintenance work several times a day as the list is getting huge. With my i85s it did not repeat the listing for every occurance, it only showed the entry with the latest time and moved it up the list acccordingly. Any suggestions of how to deal with this? I wanted my BB to make me more efficient, having to do delete maintenance adds to my list.

I am right with you on this one. I liked only having one occurrance for each number dialed and having it brought to the top of the log when it was more recently used. We need to figure out a solution for this one.

Too much scrolling on my call log... BAH!

kd78
11-08-2005, 06:47 PM
I am right with you on this one. I liked only having one occurrance for each number dialed and having it brought to the top of the log when it was more recently used. We need to figure out a solution for this one.

Too much scrolling on my call log... BAH!

I have a 7100t and it seems to do exactly what you are wishing for. Try this one thing:
Press the green talk button. You should now be in the call log screen. Click the trackwheel and go to options then general options. Take a look at what you have for "phone list view" I have mine set to "Call Log". Is this what you have?

BriA5
11-08-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah, it is. and I suppose you are right it is working in that manner.

My problem is more with the "messages" list and its listing of every phone call in and out (including multiple to the same recipient). Sorry about the confusion. I suspect this is the same for the OP.

BriA5
11-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Sweet... thanks.

I hope that was helpfull to others.

I think I will set it to just "missed calls". Perfect.

John Clark
11-08-2005, 09:00 PM
My problem is more with the "messages" list and its listing of every phone call in and out (including multiple to the same recipient). Sorry about the confusion. I suspect this is the same for the OP.

Press the green phone button, click the wheel, select options, then select call logging. It should say, "Show These Call Log Types In Message List." Select "None." That should get rid of phone logs in your message list.

FLIP954RR
11-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Anything? My Caller ID is now totally useless. If my phone is unlocked, and sitting idle, and I call it from my home phone, only the phone number shows up, no Address Book information. What gives?!

try doing this: go to tools on ur bb,then click on settings,then go to security-disable the content protection-then you should be able to see both the number and first and last name of person calling you. Hope that helps

greauxe
12-10-2005, 11:15 PM

My boss had the same prob on his 7100i; there is a setting to fix this; Call tech spt they helped him

http://greauxpc.org