PDA

View Full Version : General Blackberry/Outlook synching questions

biglog
02-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't know if this is the appropriate forum for this question, but hopefully someone can share their insights.

I am currently on an enterprise server through my work, but I also have several personal email accounts that all merge into my blackberry. I have recently set up Outlook on my personal computer (my own software as well, not provided through my employer) and it also merges the same accounts together, my work and my personal. I suspect that my email through work is closely monitored, but I obviously would like to keep my personal stuff personal. Is there any way, based on the way that I have my blackberry and outlook set up, that my work can also have the ability to monitor my personal accounts that are being sent to other servers? Does the fact that my outlook and blackberry merge all my accounts together to my "Desktop" give them the ability to see those as well?

Any insights are appreciated.

Dubdub
02-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Are you on BES? Did the company provide the bB and are they paying the bills?

If you are really worried, get another device for personal stuff. It is best not to mix personal and work on a company PC.

SteveO86
02-28-2009, 09:13 PM
They can monitor almost everything that goes threw your BB so you are better off keeping private life out of business.

And yes all email/phone calls/etc will go into the "messages" folder unless the BES is configured otherwise.